Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Quake Champions \ World War Z Tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Quake Champions \ World War Z Tool

Post by akderebur »

The format ended up being harder than I thought. So I will start with basic support and improve the tool as I have time to work on it.

UPDATE
The tool now supports skeleton/skinning and type of models that can be loaded increased a lot. It will also work with World War Z models.

Tool overview and example exported model

World War Z Character

How to use

Load
  • TPL : Loads models in tpl files. tpl_data needs to be in the same folder (if used).
Export
  • NEX : Exports the model in custom binary format (.nex), intended to be loaded by Noesis. Noesis script for this format : Nex Script
  • Textures : Select a folder containing pct texture files. They will be exported in PNG format.
  • Note : Models and textures will be exported into the folder Export.
Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/r8v61kt9 ... 1.rar/file
Last edited by akderebur on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgesears
beginner

Re: Quake Champions Tool [WIP]

Post by georgesears »

Thats really dope, but how to unpack?
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

georgesears wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:32 pm Thats really dope, but how to unpack?
Use the attached bms script. Tested with the files from Steam (2019 winter update). Might not work with any other versions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
georgesears
beginner

Post by georgesears »

akderebur wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 pm Use the attached bms script. Tested with the files from Steam (2019 winter update). Might not work with any other versions.
BMS Script works with current game client
In my case program loads every model of selected character, is that correct?
Also there are some loos vertices or... balls?
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

georgesears wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:15 pm In my case program loads every model of selected character, is that correct?
Yes, all of the skins are inside the same file, so all of them will be loaded. Some of the mesh names might be wrong for some characters. Like it says torso, but it is a legs mesh. I will try to fix that.
georgesears wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:15 pm Also there are some loos vertices or... balls?
Don't worry about those. They are for representing skeleton/nodes. They won't effect mesh export.
georgesears
beginner

Post by georgesears »

Should've clarified, tool exports ALL textures in folder)))
Also, after texture export i've tried model export, and it've created Textures.obj and .mtl in export/textures folder.
Just letting you know.
After that i've tried model export second time and it created correct folder and file names.
Checking obj import

EDIT
Some UV's are broken on Doom Slayer armor (mortal_legs_va/mortal_torso_va)

EDIT 2
Weapon models either won't load or strobes in viewport like crazy
There are also problems with smoothing here and there
I really like where it's going though, those models weren't availible for too long
Can't wait for updates!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Thanks for testing. I will try to fix those problems over time.

Currently I haven't checked anything other than "cc_" character models, so other stuff might fail like you said. My first priority will be to get character models working with skinning. After that I can take a look and weapons and other props.
ventuhr
n00b

Post by ventuhr »

Will there be a plan to support World War Z meshes? I tried WWZ .tpls with your current state of the tool and it only loads bone nodes
I only have the files from early release, and archive extraction works well with 7zip while textures are readable with QCPCT tools. I'd see if I could procure files from latest release, but if anyone has them feel free to post attach some .tpl samples (favorably from latest releases).
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

ventuhr wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:46 am Will there be a plan to support World War Z meshes?
Maybe, at some point. I am working on another tool now. After that I am planning to add skinning support for QC and fix the current issues. Especially with uvs.

I haven't checked the model format of World War Z, but if the bones are getting loaded fine, then it might not be far away from QC. I will take a look some time.
SinkingSponge
ultra-n00b

Post by SinkingSponge »

Been giving this tool a try now for at least 3 days, managed to get some pretty decent results out of it, one thing i noticed last night is that, when using Ninja Ripper to get hold of some the models, Mainly for the weights for references so i can create rigs with them for Blender, the models grabbed by this tool seem to have under half the vertices as if they're LOD versions, Just thought i'd mention it cause i feel like i'm doing something wrong.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

SinkingSponge wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:14 am the models grabbed by this tool seem to have under half the vertices as if they're LOD versions
That is weird. Actually there is one high poly mesh and 4 LOD levels in the file. The tool should be exporting the high poly one only, skipping the LODs. Are you also getting separate LOD meshes when using Ninja?

Edit:

I have checked the meshes by also including vertex counts, and I am positive that the one with most vertices is getting exported. The tool won't export those "LODX" meshes.

Dunno how Ninja exports higher poly ones. Maybe the game is loading some meshes from another file, but I would doubt that there would be higher poly ones of each of these skins in some other file. Maybe just the base skin.
SinkingSponge
ultra-n00b

Post by SinkingSponge »

When i'm getting the meshes from Ninja Ripper it gives me 2 meshes of each piece, both identical
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

SinkingSponge wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:12 pm When i'm getting the meshes from Ninja Ripper it gives me 2 meshes of each piece, both identical
Hmm I don't quite know the way NinjaRipper operates, so can't tell much. If you send me an example ripped mesh I can compare it to the data I am getting from the model files. From my side it seems that the tool loads the correct vertex/face data.
SinkingSponge
ultra-n00b

Post by SinkingSponge »

akderebur wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:19 pm
SinkingSponge wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:12 pm When i'm getting the meshes from Ninja Ripper it gives me 2 meshes of each piece, both identical
Hmm I don't quite know the way NinjaRipper operates, so can't tell much. If you send me an example ripped mesh I can compare it to the data I am getting from the model files. From my side it seems that the tool loads the correct vertex/face data.
I'll grab you Sorlag's chest piece from my rip archive.

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k7KuOI ... 5e7_i/view

And here's the same chest piece from QCViewer: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w_09P ... 9A-fBuUaYG

Edit: Heads up also that the uvs on the meshes from Ninja Ripper are really, really broken.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

SinkingSponge wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:38 pm I'll grab you Sorlag's chest piece from my rip archive.
Thanks for the sample. Indeed it is higher poly. I have checked the "cc_" files again and it seems that the tool is using ALL possible vertices/indices in the file. So that mesh is not coming from "cc_" files.

I haven't tested but I think you might not see a difference in vertex count with skin parts. My guess is that only the base meshes have a higher poly versions and are being loaded from somewhere else. Maybe the "mm_" files. "cc_" files are probably just meant for skin parts, and contain lower poly base meshes; since they won't be seen under the armor anyway. We will see for sure when the tool supports more tpl files.