Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 The Black Order

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Roseweave
n00b

Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 The Black Order

Post by Roseweave »

Damn. What are the chances the Avengers game one will be extractable? Have people been able to pull models out of Spider-man?
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

Roseweave wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:55 am Damn. What are the chances the Avengers game one will be extractable? Have people been able to pull models out of Spider-man?
the Spider-Man game has been extractable, just look for Daemon1's topic for Marvel's SpiderMan. As for Marvel's Avengers game, it'll most likely take half a year or more to dump that game.
SpideyFan360
ultra-n00b

Post by SpideyFan360 »

So with the 2nd DLC update out... any luck with getting models or are we still stuck?
sleepingmaster
ultra-n00b

Post by sleepingmaster »

pepsiguy2 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:50 pm Would anyone be able to post a small guide on getting the models?
I have it figured more or less.

Things you will need (in addition to the MUA3 files):
QuickBMS
Noesis
Cethleann ( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679#p159434 )
Noesis .g1m plugin: ( viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21666)

1.) Use QuickBMS along with the BMS script posted earlier in the thread to extract the mesh (in ACTION > MODEL folder) and textures (ACTION > TEXTURE) for your character of choice. You should have a xxx_mdl.bin (mesh) and a xxx.g1t (textures) now.

2.) Download, setup Cethleann. Drag your xxx.mdl.bin onto Cethleann.Unbundler.exe. It should kick out a folder (same location as your mdl.bin) that contains the separate pieces from the .bin file. If you see g2m's in here, you're in business. While you're here add the xxx.g1t you extracted earlier to this folder.

3.) Download the .g1m plugin for Noesis (projectG1m.dll), add to your Noesis > plugins folder. Open Noesis, click on the Tools tab, check the box "merge all assets in the same folder" (or you're not getting bones).

4.) Open Noesis, navigate to your folder with the g1m's and your g1t, select the g1m's. If all goes well you should have your model, bones and textures attached. Export to format of your choice.

Shoutouts to Yretenai and Joschka for the .g1m wizardry.
TommaLlama
ultra-n00b

Post by TommaLlama »

sleepingmaster wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:47 am
pepsiguy2 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:50 pm Would anyone be able to post a small guide on getting the models?

QuickBMS
Noesis

1.) Use QuickBMS along with the BMS script posted earlier in the thread to extract the mesh (in ACTION > MODEL folder) and textures (ACTION > TEXTURE) for your character of choice. You should have a xxx_mdl.bin (mesh) and a xxx.g1t (textures) now.

2.) Download, setup Cethleann. Drag your xxx.mdl.bin onto Cethleann.Unbundler.exe. It should kick out a folder (same location as your mdl.bin) that contains the separate pieces from the .bin file. If you see g2m's in here, you're in business. While you're here add the xxx.g1t you extracted earlier to this folder.

3.) Download the .g1m plugin for Noesis (projectG1m.dll), add to your Noesis > plugins folder. Open Noesis, click on the Tools tab, check the box "merge all assets in the same folder" (or you're not getting bones).

4.) Open Noesis, navigate to your folder with the g1m's and your g1t, select the g1m's. If all goes well you should have your model, bones and textures attached. Export to format of your choice.

Hey there!
Sorry for the necropost, just wasn't sure where else to ask this..
I was following this guide it worked like a charm, awesome!
The issue I'm having is trying to rip the animations, specifically the mot.bin files.
I was able to get a mot.bin file after using quickbms on the mot.bin.zl_ files located in the ROMFS -> ACTION -> MOTION folder , but Noesis doesn't seem to be able to preview the mot.bin or export it.
I've tried using the other Cethleann Exporters but nothing seems to output anything.
I think the mot.bin could be exported but I'm not sure what program would be able to do it, as I'm fairly new to this stuff.
Everything I've learned was in this guide, so if anyone possibly has any suggestions on how I could export these mot.bin files, it would be amazing!

Thanks!!
Raphael Splinterson
n00b

Post by Raphael Splinterson »

sleepingmaster wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:47 am

QuickBMS
Noesis

Hi all. I liked the lesson that is written here. However, I can't find a full tutorial on extracting data from .nsz files so I can actually try this tutorial. The methods I've tried give errors. Can you please tell me how did you extract the files from .nsz?