Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Apocalypse000
ultra-n00b

Re: Detroit Become Human tools

Post by Apocalypse000 »

hi, did you know how to extract the sound for detroit because I would like to extract the sound of the chapters
Flandyn
n00b

Post by Flandyn »

Could somebody please send me the game files? I do a lot of model ripping/rendering and it would be useful to have the original files rather than relying on other people’s rips, also, not all models are available online.
Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Never mind, somebody was nice enough to send me the files.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

For those who are interested, I've created a basic "nude" skin for the DBH females, based on the textures extracted from the game (so no details). Drop me a PM.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

Kind of an odd question, but has anyone found the android textures for Kara? I've tried extracting all of the android models I can find, and the only one that seems to have actual android textures is Alice.
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

How to determine which textures models need, given the fact that models and textures that have no normal names (A00_2233.ascii, 1A1B5_dx10.dds etc) ?
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

erik945 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:56 pm How to determine which textures models need, given the fact that models and textures that have no normal names (A00_2233.ascii, 1A1B5_dx10.dds etc) ?
That would be great to know, especially for scenery models where its really hard to determine which texture goes where.
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

I’m a complete rookie for exporting game models, but I have the files thanks to this community !

Problem is I don’t even understand how to do it :D

I’d be very interested in getting map objects files. If anyone have successfully done it, you’d be awesome to share some tips about how to it.

I just need little guidance on this :keke:

Many thanks in advance
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

What problem?
Do you converted files to ASCII & SMD?
Blender can succsessful import it.
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

Not yet, the problem is I’m lost when it comes to export. I mean I get the files list thanks to the tool, but the next step such as extracting specific files is unknown for me.

This step:
2. To extract a package, run with 1 parameter (package code)
Example: Detroit D0F

When I write Detroit D0F nothing seems to happen. Is there a specific command I’m missing?
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

When you enter the command (Detroit D0F), does the command window fill with plus signs and periods? These are the symbols used to indicate the progress of the extraction.
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

Now I see it thanks! Issue was simply a wrong path (I was executing the command at idm file level, not in tool folder :oops: :oops:

I am interested in getting map objects, but the file_list only mentions characters and cars? (198 lines to be precise)
Ezekiel
beginner

Post by Ezekiel »

So many shared post how to do it and even a video but people lazy to dig deeper in topic

after seeing this pictures there's nothing more to ask how to extract

https://i.imgur.com/gnVSCqA.png
https://i.imgur.com/pmAWpxy.png
https://i.imgur.com/5sTR4t4.png
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

Thanks for the links, it was just a misread from me as I mentioned.

I’m not lazy, I have read all the 12 pages multiple times.

Video isn’t publicly accessible.

Thanks to all of you I know how to extract. But my question was more oriented on how to do with objects that are not mentioned in the files_list, such as map objects :]
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

gabz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:34 pm Thanks for the links, it was just a misread from me as I mentioned.

I’m not lazy, I have read all the 12 pages multiple times.

Video isn’t publicly accessible.

Thanks to all of you I know how to extract. But my question was more oriented on how to do with objects that are not mentioned in the files_list, such as map objects :]
I think all objects, sound, and etc memory addresses are stored in list.txt. Use those, not detroit_file_list.txt. They're not named, so its a guess game, but I managed to find the police department object, the whole city, and some houses.

I suggest importing the list.txt into some database management program (or even excel maybe), and sort them by size, and maybe delete the ones that are already in the detroit_files_list.txt so you won't accidentally extract something you already have. (Characters are pretty big in size!!) Cheers.
Some memory addresses will return an error (unknown files), these are probably the sounds/videos etc, skip them.
I'd still be interested how to extract sound though.
EDIT: I think I found a test-map, it is at the '5' memory address
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

kotn3l wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:43 pm but I managed to find the police department object, the whole city, and some houses.

Wait is that a screen shot from the game or a render that you did? and when you say the PD object, you mean with all the models and textures associated with it?