Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Graesholt
beginner

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Graesholt »

Okay, so back again in those damn AC:Unity files, because apparently one of the guns' textures is not located by all the other gun textures. Figures.

So, dumb question...
The meshes clearly know where to look for their materials, and the materials in turn clearly know where to look for their textures (which they can then only load of they have been loaded in advance).
Is there any way for a person who knows where the mesh and material files are located to somehow get the location where they expect to find the textures?

Thanks guys (:
ristek
ultra-n00b

Post by ristek »

Hi, i am extract mesh from assassin's creed IV to OBJ files. But my model extract from Assassin's creed IV so BIG. how can i small size my mesh model (OBJ)? sorry my english is bad
ristek
ultra-n00b

Post by ristek »

why does the size of the model I imported from Archive_neXt have a large size?
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

ristek wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 am Hi, i am extract mesh from assassin's creed IV to OBJ files. But my model extract from Assassin's creed IV so BIG. how can i small size my mesh model (OBJ)? sorry my english is bad
I didn't see any options when exporting. I mean, I guess there's no such choice. you must manually resize yourself.
ristek
ultra-n00b

Post by ristek »

TSelman61X wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:16 pm
ristek wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 am Hi, i am extract mesh from assassin's creed IV to OBJ files. But my model extract from Assassin's creed IV so BIG. how can i small size my mesh model (OBJ)? sorry my english is bad
I didn't see any options when exporting. I mean, I guess there's no such choice. you must manually resize yourself.
but why are the models in the game the same size as all?
jesus1259
ultra-n00b

Post by jesus1259 »

Hey I've manage to use the tool to extract Thomas De Carillon but I cannot find the textures for the model can anyone help me locate the textures ? I will be most thankful.
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

jesus1259 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:44 am Hey I've manage to use the tool to extract Thomas De Carillon but I cannot find the textures for the model can anyone help me locate the textures ? I will be most thankful.
You need to edit the texture maps yourself. There's a reference texture maps for this. (Diffsuse map, Mask map, Normal maps)

These are my old work.
https://www.deviantart.com/tselman61/ar ... -766648382
https://www.deviantart.com/tselman61/ar ... -768258625

Image Image
jesus1259
ultra-n00b

Post by jesus1259 »

I find the tool sort of confusing because I dont know how to find some of the stuff like for Thomas I found him in the Paris.forge but cannot find the texture maps and edit them how? your rendered model looks really good btw.
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

jesus1259 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:19 am I find the tool sort of confusing because I dont know how to find some of the stuff like for Thomas I found him in the Paris.forge but cannot find the texture maps and edit them how? your rendered model looks really good btw.
I can give you these texture maps if you want. (In an edited format)
jesus1259
ultra-n00b

Post by jesus1259 »

I would love that, also in the future if your not busy may you show me how to edit them and I will help provide some models for unity if you'd like. :)

TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

jesus1259 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:15 pm I would love that, also in the future if your not busy may you show me how to edit them and I will help provide some models for unity if you'd like. :)
I made them with the blender. Shader Editor can now use better. But you can do the same with PS if you want.

The problem is that it's not easy to show you this. I can give you ready-made texture maps. ( Otherwise, you should learn to do this yourself. But I can only help you with that. )

https://sta.sh/06vzcumsidk
jesus1259
ultra-n00b

Post by jesus1259 »

Ohh alright that makes sense sure i would like to have the edited textures better thank you for the help :)
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

jesus1259 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:40 pm Ohh alright that makes sense sure i would like to have the edited textures better thank you for the help :)
I'll give you different texture maps. I have texture maps I've arranged. (These texture are the texture maps I have previously created.)
Thomas De Carillon --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T4mks ... 9HAYjxwKdY I've updated it again.

But if you need any help, I can help you. (For PS)
Last edited by TSelman61X on Fri May 03, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesus1259
ultra-n00b

Post by jesus1259 »

TSelman61X wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:41 pm
jesus1259 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:40 pm Ohh alright that makes sense sure i would like to have the edited textures better thank you for the help :)
I'll give you different texture maps. I have texture maps I've arranged. (These texture are the texture maps I have previously created.)
Thomas De Carillon --> wait

But if you need any help, I can help you. (For PS)
Alright for sure thank you and once i complete what im doing ill send you some images and even provide some of my works if you'd like
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

jesus1259 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:55 pm Alright for sure thank you and once i complete what im doing ill send you some images and even provide some of my works if you'd like

Check the link above again. ;-)
I had to update the files. (I noticed some of them were old games. updated with the latest game.)