Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Dead Sirious
ultra-n00b

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Dead Sirious »

I need your help to extract Boomer's model and textures. I can port the model to games like Fallout 4 / New Vegas / Fallout 3 to replace Dogmeat after and share for free use :)
Staedtler
n00b

Post by Staedtler »

So how do I open them? I tried 'Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack.exe', but it didn't seem to work. Any help, please?
Staedtler
n00b

Post by Staedtler »

Ganic3000 wrote:
TrumpetPro wrote:FC5 just came out, but it seems to use a different version of the fat and dat format than Watch Dogs (the only (kind of) Dunia Engine game I've modded). I was hoping somebody would be up to reverse engineering them, as I have no clue how (-:

Thanks,
TrumpetPro
I recently dig through the archives and found some information from the new header format of models and file names that are packed into the .dat archive.
  The .xbg header is HSEMG, but unfortunately the importers of the previous headlight parts can not import the .xbg file.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WIM6g ... fDc4ZixxpY Here is a model from FC5, got from igepack.dat
From one archive it is possible to extract a picture of the map editor by hex by hex, so far everything has been able to find out about this.
Sorry for my clumsy English =)
So how do I open this .dat?
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

Staedtler wrote:
Ganic3000 wrote:
TrumpetPro wrote:FC5 just came out, but it seems to use a different version of the fat and dat format than Watch Dogs (the only (kind of) Dunia Engine game I've modded). I was hoping somebody would be up to reverse engineering them, as I have no clue how (-:

Thanks,
TrumpetPro
I recently dig through the archives and found some information from the new header format of models and file names that are packed into the .dat archive.
  The .xbg header is HSEMG, but unfortunately the importers of the previous headlight parts can not import the .xbg file.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WIM6g ... fDc4ZixxpY Here is a model from FC5, got from igepack.dat
From one archive it is possible to extract a picture of the map editor by hex by hex, so far everything has been able to find out about this.
Sorry for my clumsy English =)
So how do I open this .dat?
Updated here

Code: Select all

FC5.Unpacker <m_FATFile> <m_Directory>

m_FATFile - Source of FAT file
    m_Directory - Destination directory

[Examples]
    FC5.Unpacker D:\FC5\data_final\pc\common.fat D:\Unpacked\common
danielkarloskar1
n00b

Post by danielkarloskar1 »

Has anyone found the main game script files? Wanting to remove the whole marked/hunted. SO i can roam around freely.
mlleemiles
beginner

Post by mlleemiles »

Csimbi wrote:
sunbeam906 wrote:Similarly here, managed to finish the cleaner/extractor.
Great job Sun, as always ;-)

Keeps crashing here. (Trying dragging single file: \common.dat\domino\system\coop\lualibraries\lualibcoop.lua)
Could you link me the source code in a PM so I could debug?
Thanks!
Remove the LUAC header + file size bytes (first 8 bytes) in binary and use unluac.
Csimbi
veteran

Post by Csimbi »

@mlleemiles
Thanks! I thought Sun taken care of such.
______
Csimbi
GRiNDERKILLER
veteran

Post by GRiNDERKILLER »

Dead Sirious wrote:I need your help to extract Boomer's model and textures. I can port the model to games like Fallout 4 / New Vegas / Fallout 3 to replace Dogmeat after and share for free use :)
You can grab it here. I ripped him with NR but textures are proper converted DX10 DDS. NR does textures too dark.

Code: Select all

https://forum.facepunch.com/f/fbx/bsmor/Far-Cry-5-and-4-technically-Models/3/#postcvdudz
connorukboy
n00b

Post by connorukboy »

Dead Sirious wrote:I need your help to extract Boomer's model and textures. I can port the model to games like Fallout 4 / New Vegas / Fallout 3 to replace Dogmeat after and share for free use :)
can you also port models into games like gta 5?
mwesten1
n00b

Post by mwesten1 »

Did anyone tried to rip far cry 5 character model that resembles the main character from movie "Drive"?

[
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigTinz
ultra-n00b

Post by BigTinz »

So, how many functional tools do we have right now?

The unpacker works great, but I haven't found a way to convert .fcb.ark back from xml after editing and any patch.dat/fat is MASSIVE when repacked with Gibbed's Primal tools.
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

BigTinz wrote:So, how many functional tools do we have right now?

The unpacker works great, but I haven't found a way to convert .fcb.ark back from xml after editing and any patch.dat/fat is MASSIVE when repacked with Gibbed's Primal tools.
The list in the file does not match the list in the archive FC5.
Cassilias
ultra-n00b

Post by Cassilias »

Can someone please help me with extracting the audio files?

I've used FC5DatUnpacker to extract farcry5.dat and from what i know the sound are in soundbinary folder and some in __unknown folder (because there are .bnk files there too?)
I tried to convert the .wem and .bnk from soundbinary folder with various converters from web but no go. ww2ogg gives an error about missing RIFFs, and all the .bnk extractors i tried seem to do nothing.
I am a total noob at sound ripping so any help is appreciated.

- SOLVED !!!
Last edited by Cassilias on Fri May 04, 2018 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
exygen12
ultra-n00b

Post by exygen12 »

Can anybody do something about oasisstrings? Old tools not working. Thanks.

Here is the file:
Download Here
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

Alright guys so how can i compile and decompile game lua files, i need to edit some of them!? Thank you! :)