Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Ekey »

iambosh wrote:it worked fine with farcry5.fat but for some reason the unpacker wants "common.dat" and "patch.dat" in "D:\" even tho the fat files are in the game directory with the unpacker files. They unpacked fine tho. Just weird.
Path "D:\" is just example. Choose yours paths to these files.
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

Example path for .bat:

Code: Select all

@echo off
FC5.Unpacker.exe C:\FC\Unpacked\shadersobj.fat C:\FC\Unpacked\shadersobj
pause
invasion101
beginner

Post by invasion101 »

sent pm ^^ :)
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

would someone be kind enough to grab me the "revelator" the big ass armored truck from John seeds map? I may not be able to do much with it but I'd still love to have for future work. Thanks for your time.
tschiesas
ultra-n00b

Post by tschiesas »

Hello guys, I'm trying to prolong the time for enemies being in wounded state (I would also like to give them more health, so they dont die with one shot when down in wounded state).
Can someone here point me in the right direction?
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

Here's the cleaner/decompiler: https://goo.gl/CZFS56. Just drag and drop either a single or multiple files over the GUI for the magix to happen (you will need JRE installed for the decompiler to work).

Also, here's the cleaned/decompiled Lua files from farcry5.dat: https://goo.gl/gf9B7c.
mlleemiles wrote:Can you post the Create box of the script you are talking about?
So.. what I was saying is the following:

- open all .lua files in Notepad++
- search for UnlimitedAmmo_v2

Result: cboxRes:RegisterBox("Domino/System/Coop/AllPlayers/UnlimitedAmmo_v2.lua");

^ Well, that file is not available in the mentioned path.

Another example -> "cboxRes:RegisterBox("Domino/System/ConsoleCommand_v3.lua")". I cannot find that "ConsoleCommand_v3.lua" in the extracted files. Either Ubi didn't ship it or it's hidden in some way :P

Ekey, any idea? If you force that path - domino\system\consolecommand_v3.lua - in the definitions file, would the extractor pick-up that 'missing' script? :)

BR,
Sun

P.S.: Just checked FileNames.list. The entries are already in there, but the .lua scripts are not found/extracted :(

line 35821: domino\system\consolecommand_v3.lua
line 35825: domino\system\coop\allplayers\unlimitedammo_v2.lua
invasion101
beginner

Post by invasion101 »

Ganic3000 wrote:Example path for .bat:

Code: Select all

@echo off
FC5.Unpacker.exe C:\FC\Unpacked\shadersobj.fat C:\FC\Unpacked\shadersobj
pause
sent you a pm ganic3000.
MysteriousJojo
ultra-n00b

Post by MysteriousJojo »

I'm a little curious about DAT unpacker.I mean how it would look and when it will be available for downloading.Will it be like Disrupt extractor for WATCH_DOGS or CLI like FAT unpacker?
mlleemiles
beginner

Post by mlleemiles »

MysteriousJojo wrote:I'm a little curious about DAT unpacker.I mean how it would look and when it will be available for downloading.Will it be like Disrupt extractor for WATCH_DOGS or CLI like FAT unpacker?
It is available for download already, check the bottom of 6th page..
mlleemiles
beginner

Post by mlleemiles »

sunbeam906 wrote:Here's the cleaner/decompiler: https://goo.gl/CZFS56. Just drag and drop either a single or multiple files over the GUI for the magix to happen (you will need JRE installed for the decompiler to work).

Also, here's the cleaned/decompiled Lua files from farcry5.dat: https://goo.gl/gf9B7c.
mlleemiles wrote:Can you post the Create box of the script you are talking about?
So.. what I was saying is the following:

- open all .lua files in Notepad++
- search for UnlimitedAmmo_v2

Result: cboxRes:RegisterBox("Domino/System/Coop/AllPlayers/UnlimitedAmmo_v2.lua");

^ Well, that file is not available in the mentioned path.

Another example -> "cboxRes:RegisterBox("Domino/System/ConsoleCommand_v3.lua")". I cannot find that "ConsoleCommand_v3.lua" in the extracted files. Either Ubi didn't ship it or it's hidden in some way :P

Ekey, any idea? If you force that path - domino\system\consolecommand_v3.lua - in the definitions file, would the extractor pick-up that 'missing' script? :)

BR,
Sun

P.S.: Just checked FileNames.list. The entries are already in there, but the .lua scripts are not found/extracted :(

line 35821: domino\system\consolecommand_v3.lua
line 35825: domino\system\coop\allplayers\unlimitedammo_v2.lua
I happen to have these 2 extracted. See attached file.

Also, can you release a command line tool? Walking through each folder and dragging all the files aren't very fun to do :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MysteriousJojo
ultra-n00b

Post by MysteriousJojo »

mlleemiles wrote:
MysteriousJojo wrote:I'm a little curious about DAT unpacker.I mean how it would look and when it will be available for downloading.Will it be like Disrupt extractor for WATCH_DOGS or CLI like FAT unpacker?
It's not working with DAT extension.When i try to unpack FAT everything is OK but when it comes to DAT it just crashes and says "FC5.Unpacker stopped working."
mlleemiles
beginner

Post by mlleemiles »

MysteriousJojo wrote:
mlleemiles wrote:
It's not working with DAT extension.When i try to unpack FAT everything is OK but when it comes to DAT it just crashes and says "FC5.Unpacker stopped working."
Dude.. Have you been reading this thread at all?
You need choose FAT files, not DAT. FAT is File Allocation Table, DAT is package.
FAT is a file index for DAT, to unpack DAT you need a FAT.
MysteriousJojo
ultra-n00b

Post by MysteriousJojo »

Okay, it worked. I though that it will be work like Gibbed Dunia2 Tools but i was wrong.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

mlleemiles wrote:I happen to have these 2 extracted. See attached file.

Also, can you release a command line tool? Walking through each folder and dragging all the files aren't very fun to do :(
Yeah, I know. I've done the hard part myself :D I'll see if I can tweak it to walk a root directory through sub-directories.

As far as the missing files: Ekey, why does the tool extract these for some people and not for everyone? A bug somewhere? Path size maybe?
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

sunbeam906 wrote:As far as the missing files: Ekey, why does the tool extract these for some people and not for everyone? A bug somewhere? Path size maybe?
Because people do not read what i write, that's why they use it incorrectly :)