Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
dswd2015
veteran

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by dswd2015 »

Bigchillghost wrote:
dswd2015 wrote: I read the tutorial, all the parts
Then simple questions: do you understand the concepts of different data types? Do you realize what hexadecimal system is?
dswd2015 wrote:Sorry to take your time, do not worry, I will not ask any more questions.
Don't get me wrong, but I have no time writing another tutorial based on another example right now coz I'm occupied with a personal project at the moment.
Actually questioning is not some annoying things, but the necessary access to learning, only if you know what to question.
dswd2015 wrote:until I got to the hex edit, I downloaded the sample files but I could not understand the final procedure.
As mentioned above, put forward specific questions so that people will know what you're actually confused about.
No problem, I could not understand the hexadecimal concept, I thank you for your help.
dswd2015
veteran

Post by dswd2015 »

Bigchillghost wrote:
dswd2015 wrote: I read the tutorial, all the parts
Then simple questions: do you understand the concepts of different data types? Do you realize what hexadecimal system is?
dswd2015 wrote:Sorry to take your time, do not worry, I will not ask any more questions.
Don't get me wrong, but I have no time writing another tutorial based on another example right now coz I'm occupied with a personal project at the moment.
Actually questioning is not some annoying things, but the necessary access to learning, only if you know what to question.
dswd2015 wrote:until I got to the hex edit, I downloaded the sample files but I could not understand the final procedure.
As mentioned above, put forward specific questions so that people will know what you're actually confused about.

Hey dude, I figured out how to do it, thank you very much for your help, mainly for solving the texture problem, thank you very much.

dswd2015
veteran

Post by dswd2015 »

Bigchillghost wrote:
dswd2015 wrote: Is it possible to explain the procedure for extraction? A tutorial with description and pictures would help.
Sure. That would be easy. Basic structure for the texture file:

Code: Select all

Offset		Type		Specification

0x8B		Long		ImageWidth
0x8F		Long		ImageHeight
0x9C		Long		RawPixelDataSize
0xA0		Bytes		RawPixelData
The pixel data actually begins at 0xA0 (= 160), not 0xA4 I mentioned earlier.
You can wrap the data with PVRTexTool like this:
WrapRawData.png
It's no a problem to write a script for conversion when you know the above info.
But with only one texture file the research might not be accurate.
I still have a question, do these values shown in the image need to be calculated to arrive at this result?
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

You can see that the pixel data can be aligned for every two bytes so it's 16 bits per pixel for sure.
16bit.jpg
Then you just have to weigh how many bits should be assigned to each channel. Basically it's a test and verify process. But there should be some fields specifying the format in the header.
Usually it would be some enum values mapping to different formats. But to figure it out, you'll need to work with more samples.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
sasimiv11
n00b

Post by sasimiv11 »

I got the models from this game now. Thank you very much for your help. BTW I used noesis to convert those texture from dds to png.
whs
ultra-n00b

Post by whs »

Do you have a build geniuses model?
whs
ultra-n00b

Post by whs »

How do I extract models?
kinlyki
advanced

Post by kinlyki »

So it's possible to rip models from this game. but what about voice files?
wpw610
ultra-n00b

Post by wpw610 »

voice can be read by audacity directly.
asdzx34
ultra-n00b

Post by asdzx34 »

I used a ninjaripper.
I can't extract the model.
What should I do?
Misawa Hajime
ultra-n00b

Post by Misawa Hajime »

sasimiv11 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:05 am I got the models from this game now. Thank you very much for your help. BTW I used noesis to convert those texture from dds to png.
hye do you still have the Bms script for the model extracting...
tempaccount555
beginner

Post by tempaccount555 »

Misawa Hajime wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:53 am
sasimiv11 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:05 am I got the models from this game now. Thank you very much for your help. BTW I used noesis to convert those texture from dds to png.
hye do you still have the Bms script for the model extracting...
I have script! Have you city wars's data file in 0/data/data/com.bandai~? I need it. If you can share this, I can share script!