Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield 1, Battlefront 1, 2)

Post by daemon1 »

mono24 wrote:then is there any other .dll I can use
no i don't know about any other dll existing
i remember i dumped hardline in 2015 and there was no big SB files
i can make a new dll, but i'd rather support it in UFBE, anyway i dont have time for either now
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

daemon1 wrote:i remember i dumped hardline in 2015 and there was no big SB files
I have almost every Frostbite game in my library and all are full editions with every pack, DLC, update you name it, probably that's why.
Battlefield Hardline right now officially from Origin is at:

Code: Select all

66.3 GB (71,242,720,786 bytes)
66.3 GB (71,244,451,840 bytes)
760 Files, 118 Folders
daemon1 wrote:i can make a new dll, but i'd rather support it in UFBE, anyway i dont have time for either now
Well that's why I hit so many walls along the way, I am very late at this massive "party", having more options than one is far better, in my opinion, having an updated .dll is not a bad idea either, obviously when you have some free/boring time, hehe.

Was/kind of still am I guess, working on a simple yet as full as possible tutorial on the Frostbite games, so I can post it for those new comers like myself.
About how to dump, and what to use for each game individually, I have collected all tools/utilities/.dlls/scripts/notes/info, you name it, to have a tutorial with out major errors, while using a legit copy of a game of course with all the needed files.
For example I can dump properly the following frostbite games:
- Battlefield 3
- Battlefield 4
- Battlefield Hardline
- Battlefield 1
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter
(don't own it (yet))
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- Need for Speed: The Run
(so far getting messed up chunk GUIDs, the ones from res wont coincide with chunks extracted, aarrggghhh)
- Need for Speed Rivals
- Need for Speed 2016
- Need for Speed Payback
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
(don't own it (yet))
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (except 80% extracted of a 6.58GB .sb file)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars Battlefront II

Right now working/testing on all games to fully extract the audios and texture conversion, hoping I can get it all done tested so I can find out what's possible and what's not, or what needs to be updated.

PS: Of course as you know all of that was possible for one main reason Frankelstner script and every modification made by you (daemon1/id-daemon) to have all new and old games work, with out it none of it was doable.
Faithfullfaun
advanced

Post by Faithfullfaun »

Perhaps in the near future there will be a universal model tool for games using Anvil Engine? [roll]
Beacuse the one ArchiveNeXt is a pain to work with and dosen't have support for bones and so on

Games

Scimitar:
Assassin's Creed
Prince of Persia
Shaun White Snowboarding

Anvil:
Assassin's Creed II
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

AnvilNext:
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Rogue

AnvilNext 2.0:
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Steep
For Honor
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
Assassin's Creed Origins

Why are people thank me?
This is a request if anyone is interested to make a tool xD
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Faithfullfaun wrote:Why are people thank me?
I only gave you a thumbs up because I couldn't agree more with your comment, thus keeping the thread less messy.

On another note:
When one comes across this type of an error, over and over again, what exactly does it mean?
What do I need to avoid? anyone has a clue?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\test\dumper.py", line 419, in <module>
    if "tocRoot2" in locals(): dumpRoot(tocRoot2)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\test\dumper.py", line 359, in dumpRoot
    dump(fname,targetDirectory)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\test\dumper.py", line 171, in dump
    toc=cas.readToc(tocPath)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\test\cas.py", line 95, in readToc
    return Entry(unXor(tocPath))
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\test\cas.py", line 37, in __init__
    raise Exception("Entry does not start with \\x82 or (rare) \\x87 byte. Position: "+str(f.tell()))
Exception: Entry does not start with \x82 or (rare) \x87 byte. Position: 1
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

mono24 wrote:When one comes across this type of an error, over and over again, what exactly does it mean?
It means the file that you are giving to the script is not in the format it expected to be.

Many possible reasons: different engine version, different file layout, wrong file type, file is encrypted. Or anything else.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

daemon1 wrote:Many possible reasons: different engine version, different file layout, wrong file type, file is encrypted. Or anything else.
Thank you for answering.
They do not seem encrypted otherwise they wouldn't work at all.
Engine: frostbite 2, based on sb/toc only, no cas/cat.
They extract ok in perfectly fine folder structure like any other frostbite engine game, however 75% of the resTypes, do not match the GUIDs they have inside with the ones from chunks, makes no sense, frostbite.bms by aluigi does not support superbunles at all, and it makes a mess wrong sizes among other things, and does not add the GUIDs with in super bundles or extracts them as should, but you already know that its limited in extraction.

It might be a quick fix for those that know, I attached the smallest sample files here if you have some time to look at it, and maybe update one of the python scripts to try it out, its the only issue I have so far and those chunks I mentioned that are 4GB+ in size, for those it literally needs another .dll, but who knows maybe a solution will surface.
No python script for BF3 out there works, at all, the new python scripts for newer games not even a chance lol

I really hope you can take a look at it, thank you.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

mono24 wrote:I attached the smallest sample files
not very descriptive name when i have to put it next to dozens of other samples to look at someday
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

daemon1 wrote:
not very descriptive name when i have to put it next to dozens of other samples to look at someday
I didn't even realized, I just though of "sample" and that was it, now its renamed SB-TOC_sample_with_out_CAS-CAT.zip

cheers
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

mono24 wrote:
daemon1 wrote:
I didn't even realized, I just though of "sample" and that was it, now its renamed SB-TOC_sample_with_out_CAS-CAT.zip

cheers
you could just say it was nfs run and it would save me time
I already extracted that game before. got no errors extracting.
if you tell me specific SB/toc that gives you error, i can check that
and chunk guids that i checked correspond to chunks
i was using the usual script
audio chunks were "permutated" in some games. maybe this is why you think they do not match
brennoarts
ultra-n00b

Post by brennoarts »

Why I get this error? "stopped working" I make all like tutorial, I'm trying get the BF1 models
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

brennoarts wrote:Why I get this error? "stopped working" I make all like tutorial, I'm trying get the BF1 models
As daemon1 explained already, make sure you have the .ebx called 3pantskeleton.ebx in same folder, and drop the VisualUnlock on to the tool, read carefully the description in first post all information is there.
daemon1 wrote:you could just say it was nfs run and it would save me time
I already extracted that game before. got no errors extracting.
if you tell me specific SB/toc that gives you error, i can check that
and chunk guids that i checked correspond to chunks
i was using the usual script
audio chunks were "permutated" in some games. maybe this is why you think they do not match
Once more my apologies, I had a lot of files dealing with and lost track of what I was doing, thus not explaining better, now I have it all sorted out and basically its like this.
The main script that is found here: http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.ph ... -archives/
-extracts everything with out any errors/issues what so ever for the game NFS The Run, but, if I open a file for example:
\bundles\res\_c4\vehicles\nfs\ast_one_77_10\kits\ast_one_77_10_kit00_stream_meshdefault.MeshSet
the python script extracts the chunk for it 0BDAA45B4AD672153913456F15173439.chunk 315KB in size, while frostbite.bms only extracts it as 140KB in size, only the 140KB in size works to be opened in UU3D, 3dsMax scripts by dainiuxxx/Dainius G do not work for the game and there is no other option that I know of, because I usually try every option I can find.
There for I like the python how extracted it all nicely and sorted out, its the only one that can be used even though chunks are missing basically plus not bundles are extracted, while the frostbite.bms is impossible to use because it dos not extract everything, no bundles etc etc etc
-if I try to convert the audios, only a few work while exactly 1190 audio chunks are missing
-if I want to find the chunks for all the characters, chunks do not even exist in either chunks or bundle\chunks folder, regardless of what script I am using.

my only question remains then, what is the usual script that you where using?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

this is what i'm getting from
\bundles\res\_c4\vehicles\nfs\ast_one_77_10\kits\ast_one_77_10_kit00_stream_meshdefault.MeshSet

0BDAA45B4AD672153913456F15173439.chunk 315KB in size - this is the correct chunk

140KB in size - is wrong chunk and it must NEVER work with that mesh

Attached is my tool version i made to work with NFS Run. (needs veniceantske01.ebx)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

mono24 wrote:my only question remains then, what is the usual script that you where using?
This is the old script i always used for frostbite2
i dont remember where i got it, probably bfeditor.org too

you say it works for you with no errors, it means its probably the same script

the only explanation to chunk size i see is that Luigi did a workaround to get smaller LOD instead of correct LOD0 (which he can't get)
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

daemon1 wrote:the only explanation to chunk size i see is that Luigi did a workaround to get smaller LOD instead of correct LOD0 (which he can't get)
Hmmm, interesting, yet not so sure though, check this sample if you will, out of curiosity maybe.
for the \bundles\res\_c4\vehicles\nfs\ast_one_77_10\kits\ast_one_77_10_kit00_stream_meshdefault.MeshSet 23.6kb in size
it holds the following information: from both python and frostbite.bms scripts,

Model: ast_one_77_10_kit00_stream_meshdefault.MeshSet

LODs: 4
LOD: 0, 0BDAA45B4AD672153913456F15173439.chunk
LOD: 1, 1F33930CC2ABF719DACAAEA40120A52B.chunk
LOD: 2, A5E93B8D20E5BC246C97533C71600551.chunk
LOD: 3, E3E1E8D2572931A0A8F1EE6971F767DD.chunk
hex_nfsTheRunSample.JPG
from frostbite.bms script the sizes are:

LOD: 0, 0BDAA45B4AD672153913456F15173439.chunk 140kb
LOD: 1, 1F33930CC2ABF719DACAAEA40120A52B.chunk 87.9kb
LOD: 2, A5E93B8D20E5BC246C97533C71600551.chunk 65.4kb
LOD: 3, E3E1E8D2572931A0A8F1EE6971F767DD.chunk this chunk is non existent after extraction
from python script the sizes are:

LOD: 0, 0BDAA45B4AD672153913456F15173439.chunk 331kb
LOD: 1, 1F33930CC2ABF719DACAAEA40120A52B.chunk 208kb
LOD: 2, A5E93B8D20E5BC246C97533C71600551.chunk 153kb
LOD: 3, E3E1E8D2572931A0A8F1EE6971F767DD.chunk this chunk is non existent after extraction
to test if you'd like:https://mega.nz/#!7hFEVYKI!g1wWr3vAUbpT ... JeQ3flf6qk
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

daemon1 wrote:140KB in size - is wrong chunk and it must NEVER work with that mesh
well... the python script results are zero, while the frostbite.bms script results are same as yours.
nfsTheRun_Sample.JPG
And the last LOD is non existent as I mentioned, but that is not a big issue, many more chunks are missing, even for LOD0, including characters.
Do you think the script needs maybe another editing/argument to do a deeper scanning/extraction? Just a thought, as it makes no sense why so many chunks missing including the audio ones, you think you can take a look at it please?
No rush of course, its just odd the way it extracts, that's all.

thanks