Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars

Old posts about game archives and other formats.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Confirmed! The TOC file that was linked to is indeed a table of contents! Now, let's see what i can find out! :D

Could someone upload this file:

patch_sku2_15_00.tre

Thanks!
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

Mr.Mouse wrote: xml is nice, and toc could be "table of contents"?
Yeah, that's what I figured. There are also a number of .dll files I forgot to mention, dunno how important they might be.

Anyways, I'm attaching some of the files that might or might not be of interest. They are all the .xml files along with some .log files and a .cfg one. They might be worthless to you but I figured there's no harm in me posting them just in case.

Cheers

N
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Could someone upload this file:

patch_sku2_15_00.tre
Oops, sorry. Missed this. However, I'm afraid I do not have a file by that name in my directory, probably because my 10 day trial period ran out and I never got to downloading that patch?

I'm posting a cutter version of the .toc from my install for reference.

N
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Byme
n00b

Post by Byme »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Confirmed! The TOC file that was linked to is indeed a table of contents! Now, let's see what i can find out! :D

Could someone upload this file:

patch_sku2_15_00.tre

Thanks!
I've got that file in my directory, but one problem.. It's 99mb, I can email it to you if you'd like.
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

Byme wrote:I've got that file in my directory, but one problem.. It's 99mb, I can email it to you if you'd like.
If I'm not mistaken, I think a filecutter version of the file would prolly be enough? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

You can find the Mr. Mouse FileCutter here and Watto's Filecutter here.

You can then attach the .zip you get to your post.

N
Byme
n00b

Post by Byme »

This is my first time at this forum and using the filecutter, so don't mind my noobishness.. but everytime I try to use cut it, it's giving me the error "439 MexZip ActiveX component can't create object" then after hitting ok for that, It says successfully created.. but it doesn't create.
Byme
n00b

Post by Byme »

Found Watto's and that worked.. and aparently the max I can upload is 256kb, so I hosted on rapidshare.de.
Edit: oops.. It's Watto not Warto. :roll:

http://rapidshare.de/files/13149674/pat ... 1.zip.html
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Byme wrote:This is my first time at this forum and using the filecutter, so don't mind my noobishness.. but everytime I try to use cut it, it's giving me the error "439 MexZip ActiveX component can't create object" then after hitting ok for that, It says successfully created.. but it doesn't create.
This is becoming a real nusance. My Cutter worked well for everyone, until all of a sudden people report that the tool doesn't work anymore. But it still works at my computer. Odd, but irritating. It must be the tool. Anyway, use Watto's tool, until I have time to fix the damn Cutter of mine, if ever. :(
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Byme wrote:Found Watto's and that worked.. and aparently the max I can upload is 256kb, so I hosted on rapidshare.de.
Edit: oops.. It's Watto not Warto. :roll:

http://rapidshare.de/files/13149674/pat ... 1.zip.html
Thanks a bundle, I have solved part of the riddle, I'll see if I can update the TRE Archiver to support these files.
NinjaMuffin
VIP member
VIP member

Post by NinjaMuffin »

Sounds great Mr. Mouse, many thank's for your efforts. :)
Byme wrote:oops.. It's Watto not Warto. :roll:
Lol :D
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Byme, can you tell exactly how big the file is you uploaded the cut pieces from? Just need to check if the size is correct.
Byme
n00b

Post by Byme »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Byme, can you tell exactly how big the file is you uploaded the cut pieces from? Just need to check if the size is correct.
99.7 MB
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Byme wrote:
Mr.Mouse wrote:Byme, can you tell exactly how big the file is you uploaded the cut pieces from? Just need to check if the size is correct.
99.7 MB
ok, with exactly I meant the exact number of total bytes.
You can click on it with the RMB and selecting Properties will show the exact size (and the size on disk).
Byme
n00b

Post by Byme »

Ah, I had that a minute ago and edited it out not to send like a noob.. :mrgreen:

But anyway, It's 104,549,627, and On disk is 104,550,400 bytes.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Ok thanks. It's kind of odd as that file is actually a 0005 TRE file, which should open with the TRE Archiver. But I can't test it, cause I don't have the whole file. The header of the file points to a tail, but that doesn't seem to fit with the size of the file.

Also, these are all patch files, right? Does that mean that they are only addressed during a patching process? I could imagine that a sort of main TRE file would be updated during this process, and after the patch the patch.tre files would no longer be needed/loaded?

I don't have the game, so I can't test things out thoroughly.

In other news, I have updated the TRE Archiver to be able to open TOC files. What follows should be code that actually does something with this. :P