Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
SmiffinWeffin
ultra-n00b

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by SmiffinWeffin »

aspadm wrote:And there are new version of DEMD database: https://yadi.sk/d/qUxdTmJa3MxHEs
I strongly reccomend to delete old program folder and unzip this new one - some libs were changed.

What's new?
1. Fix problems with OpenGL shader
2. Add .apx file support (only clothes) - including UV coords
3. Other fixes

If you have some issues or you need sources - contact me.

P.S. Clothes can be exported to STL/OBJ and APB format (Nvidia APEX 1.3.x)
Hey, many thanks for this excellent tool! I've been poking at it off and on for several days now.

There are a few issues I'd like to bring to your attention though:

1. I'm not sure is this applies to all ".linkedprim" files, or just the ones I've extracted and tried, but it seems they do not have intact UVs once imported into blender. This is especially noticeable for the weapons, since the UV maps for all the .prim parts will be fine, but the weapon "base" (usually the grip and trigger) will either have a broken UV map or no UV map whatsoever, since the weapon bases are always .linkedprim files.

2. A minor functionality issue: After unpacking and opening the archive for the main game, I eventually realized that the DLC content had not been included, so I went back and found it in "Deus Ex Mankind Divided/DLC/runtime" and ran the unpacker on this folder, unpacking it to a different folder than the one the main game's archive was unpacked to. However, once I opened the unpacked DLC archive, I found that I could no longer use the "Open unpacked DB" function to re-open the main game archive... when I click it, nothing comes up at all, it just seemingly refreshes the DLC archive I have open.

EDIT: Was able to work around the second issue by editing the "last base" field of the config file.
aspadm
advanced

Post by aspadm »

Thanks for your interest :)

1) I just use Volfin's blender addon as model importer. He and I know about this problem, but:
- he haven't time for it
- I didn't try to understand this format
So, sorry. If somebody fix it, please, share your code.

2) Yeah, it's because this tool was made for peoples comfort :) Once open the base, program will open it all time as "converted_base.txt" exist or before deletting/changing key "last_base" in config file.
Feregorn
ultra-n00b

Post by Feregorn »

o0Crofty0o wrote: Deus Ex uses PureHair from AMD, it is also known as TressFX 3.0. There's a dev presentation on its useage in Deus Ex but not much info on the file structure: http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uplo ... FX-3-0.pdf

The Tomb Raider reboot from 2013 used TressFX version 1 and the format was a lot simpler. I don't know if it is of any help for comparison to the newer version but here is the TressFX file for TR: https://yadi.sk/d/Yu0dBevj3MzdwQ
Hi, the .mesh file you posted is the one shown in the picture? How to export it to a common 3d file format?

Edit: I searched online and found out about noesis. But it looks messed up and in no way like yours in the picture does. Is there something I am missing?

P.S. Sorry for the offtopic
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

Feregorn wrote: Hi, the .mesh file you posted is the one shown in the picture? How to export it to a common 3d file format?

Edit: I searched online and found out about noesis. But it looks messed up and in no way like yours in the picture does. Is there something I am missing?

Yeah the file in the picture comes from that .mesh but it was not exported with any of the game's scripts because it isn't a real mesh. It's just curve data. My friend was very kind and got the curve data into blender manually, the mesh generated around them is custom made.
Feregorn
ultra-n00b

Post by Feregorn »

o0Crofty0o wrote:
Feregorn wrote: Hi, the .mesh file you posted is the one shown in the picture? How to export it to a common 3d file format?

Yeah the file in the picture comes from that .mesh but it was not exported with any of the game's scripts because it isn't a real mesh. It's just curve data. My friend was very kind and got the curve data into blender manually, the mesh generated around them is custom made.

Thank you for the fast response, if I assume correctly, your friend was TRDaz with the post about the script in the previous page? I want to use this hair model for a free mod on nexus. Is it by any chance still available?
junk angel
veteran

Post by junk angel »

Hi,
I've been trying to mess around with the DEMD toolset and I can't get it to read any of the weightedprim files. On the other hand it reads and displays the APX clothing files without any issue. It's weir ding me out.

And I can't get blender itself to read the required bin files either.

Anyone know what might be going on? Feel like there might be a package version difference. If I try to parse the same packages against BMS I get an ARCH expect got BILH error.
aspadm
advanced

Post by aspadm »

If I understand correctly, we are talking about my program.
Point by point:
1. The rest of the models are displayed correctly? (.prim, .linkedprim) Apex converter writed by me and not require Blender (all another models use Volfin's script)
2. In the folder with the tools lies a portable version of Blender with the Volfin's script. You can check .bin files manually.
3. All ways to the tools in the settings marked in green?
Gaffers
ultra-n00b

Post by Gaffers »

I tried to unpack the runtime folder but it gets to about a third of the way there and then it fails saying "looks like the base conversion failed"
junk angel
veteran

Post by junk angel »

aspadm wrote:If I understand correctly, we are talking about my program.
Point by point:
1. The rest of the models are displayed correctly? (.prim, .linkedprim) Apex converter writed by me and not require Blender (all another models use Volfin's script)
2. In the folder with the tools lies a portable version of Blender with the Volfin's script. You can check .bin files manually.
3. All ways to the tools in the settings marked in green?
Yeah I should have clarified more. It's your program. It does seem that running the unpacker creates an error message "Base convertion failed" after a certain runtime. I've also tried one of the newer versions of Sir Kaine's unpackers to get everything out, but no dice.
nevertheless I tested out the following files.

Using Characters>sidequests>Daria as an example
Daria.asx - opens without issues
material>daria_hair_diff.texture - opens without issues (same for all other tested mats)
daria.wl2 - Does not load correctly. Only the ground plane shows up.

Image - https://imgur.com/a/JTC52

in terms of the rest - everything is in the green and the mesh importer is loaded. But cannot see the bin files.
junk angel
veteran

Post by junk angel »

So did some more hunting. And it seems to be an issue with DXMDExtract.exe. It seems to parse all the archives within the runtime folder, but seemingly not extract some.
But it doesn't throw out an error message.

It even writes the supposed contents into namesmap. Example being
60643501754326236 00D772F18C009CDC [assembly:/characters/resources/sidequests/helle/helle.wl2?/ground.weightedprim].pc_weightedprim
E3245
ultra-n00b

Post by E3245 »

aspadm wrote:And there are new version of DEMD database: https://yadi.sk/d/qUxdTmJa3MxHEs
I strongly reccomend to delete old program folder and unzip this new one - some libs were changed.
Hello,

I used your program to extract the combat rifle meshes from DX: MD, but the UVs are messed up and are either all over the place or non-existent. The file is called combat_rifle_highres.wl2, or 00CA49666A70C489.bin.

I also have another question. Is it possible at this point to get the rigs for both the characters and weapons? It'd make everyone's life easier when porting this stuff from MD.
aspadm
advanced

Post by aspadm »

E3245 wrote:
Hello,

I used your program to extract the combat rifle meshes from DX: MD, but the UVs are messed up and are either all over the place or non-existent. The file is called combat_rifle_highres.wl2, or 00CA49666A70C489.bin.

I also have another question. Is it possible at this point to get the rigs for both the characters and weapons? It'd make everyone's life easier when porting this stuff from MD.
Hi!
I know about the problem, but I use Volfin's 3d models converter. So, I can't fix this.
Maybe (!) I'll do something with UV in .linkedprim files this winter (just haven't free time now). And if I can disassemble the format by myself, I'll add bones support.
E3245
ultra-n00b

Post by E3245 »

aspadm wrote:
Hi!
I know about the problem, but I use Volfin's 3d models converter. So, I can't fix this.
Maybe (!) I'll do something with UV in .linkedprim files this winter (just haven't free time now). And if I can disassemble the format by myself, I'll add bones support.
Thanks for the response. I'll wait until the day UVs get implemented.
synthosc
ultra-n00b

Post by synthosc »

Hey guys, i want to say its so amazing we can take a look into DXMD models and textures, big kudos to everyone who worked hard. :D

Is there a way to take a look at the maps? or is it just the character models and or props we can extract?

Thanks in advance
Feregorn
ultra-n00b

Post by Feregorn »

I found this very interesting and informative article on the Hair technology used in Deux EX MD: http://www.makinggames.biz/feature/augm ... ,8881.html Even including a code sample. Will this be useful in finally making hair models exportable and editable?