Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Idolmaster (DereSte) 3d site

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
z22901206
advanced

Re: Idolmaster (DereSte) 3d site

Post by z22901206 »

akderebur wrote:Looks like face animations were in the same bundle as face meshes. The thing is that, they aren't legacy animations, so the program wasn't able to load them.

I managed to get them to work but they are more like face poses than animations :

Anyway I will update the program tomorrow, after I make sure everything works fine. I have other stuff to do today :D
These information is according to c4d and mmd.

These are called facial expression(as for human). They are parts of a model. Usually the base model is take0. When you want to add facial expression, just change the model and make a new take, like take1.
Usually it will be named, like "smile". Take a bridge from base to take1, the facial expression is finished. Now you can use ExpressionController to control the facial expression, it is likely a slider. It will record the x% of the facial expression(Unlike bone animation). And it will be a frame of an animation if you register it. The player will play the animation, according to the x% changing. Usually, you can register multiple facial expression in a same frame, just like "eye_smile 70%" "mouth_smile 85%".

PS: i don't know how it works in Unity3d
Last edited by z22901206 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
wanglata
beginner

Post by wanglata »

I hope we can re-use head and face amin like body. Still waiting :D
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

wanglata wrote:I hope we can re-use head and face amin like body. Still waiting :D
I will try to implement the sliders that z22901206 mentioned.

Also got the mltd animations working too :

Still it will take some time to add this stuff. It might be slow, because I will be busy for couple of days. I am going to finish it when I have time.
Lumine
ultra-n00b

Post by Lumine »

Which assets have the face expression files? 3d_chara_head or 3d_md_body files?
Edit: Nvm there, just found out, animation assets for facial expressions are located in the 3d_chara_headXXXX files

Some feedback:
-When trying to open a any file (Example: 3d_chara_head_0250_hq.unity3d) I get the error "Array index is out of range."

Is there a way to download the Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage entire manifest? I'll be traveling for a few days and want to keep experimenting with the assets

Thanks a lot for your hard work everyone!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Lumine wrote:Which assets have the face expression files? 3d_chara_head or 3d_md_body files?
Edit: Nvm there, just found out, animation assets for facial expressions are located in the 3d_chara_headXXXX files

Some feedback:
-When trying to open a any file (Example: 3d_chara_head_0250_hq.unity3d) I get the error "Array index is out of range."

Is there a way to download the Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage entire manifest? I'll be traveling for a few days and want to keep experimenting with the assets

Thanks a lot for your hard work everyone!
The current version that I posted does not handle head/face animations but it should have at least loaded the mesh correctly. Can you pm me the file that has this problem?

chrrox release a python script that downloads the manifest and the files automatically. You can find it here : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16055
wanglata
beginner

Post by wanglata »

Oh boi, I do not notice that the head can load animation with the body. Now just need facial animation. Hope your tool can release soon @akderebur :D
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

wanglata wrote:Oh boi, I do not notice that the head can load animation with the body. Now just need facial animation. Hope your tool can release soon @akderebur :D
I haven't seen full face animations though. There are bunch of takes with 1 keyframe each, so they are more like expressions than animations. I will add a way to blend the expressions but after blending you will end up with a still face expression.

I think they might be using scripting to blend the expressions to match the songs ingame, or maybe some other method. It looks like there are no fully animated face clips for each song.
wanglata
beginner

Post by wanglata »

akderebur wrote: I haven't seen full face animations though. There are bunch of takes with 1 keyframe each, so they are more like expressions than animations. I will add a way to blend the expressions but after blending you will end up with a still face expression.

I think they might be using scripting to blend the expressions to match the songs ingame, or maybe some other method. It looks like there are no fully animated face clips for each song.
Do you check file "3d_cutt_namesong"? I redownload some song in 3d mode, and only get some file "3d_uvm_uv_movie", "3d_stage", "3d_cyalume", "3d_cutt_an_chr_son", "3d_cutt_namesong" and 1 file sqlite music scores
Sample onegai Mega
Last edited by wanglata on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lumine
ultra-n00b

Post by Lumine »

The current version that I posted does not handle head/face animations but it should have at least loaded the mesh correctly. Can you pm me the file that has this problem?

chrrox release a python script that downloads the manifest and the files automatically. You can find it here : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16055
Thanks a lot for the link and script akderebur , the program worked perfectly this time. Will use this time abroad to categorize some of the dance animation assets in case people are looking for some specific song (still looking for Radio Happy one).

I see face animation is still an issue, I've noticed they are attached to the 3_chara_headXXX assets but still need to be linked to each dance animation assets for the lips sync to work I supose

*I just noticed the tiara obj was lost during the process lol
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

Kinda stupid question, but is there a way to tell which body goes to what character instead of tryna guess? Like for the general outfits, not the SSR outfits.
cornal
beginner

Post by cornal »

Is possible open the Room Chars, would be nice for make some GIFS :)
Lumine
ultra-n00b

Post by Lumine »

anime663 wrote:Kinda stupid question, but is there a way to tell which body goes to what character instead of tryna guess? Like for the general outfits, not the SSR outfits.
https://starlight.kirara.ca/ -> Pick a character -> click on Raw Data Table

It should give you all the information of that specific character starting with Chara_id
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

Lumine wrote: https://starlight.kirara.ca/ -> Pick a character -> click on Raw Data Table

It should give you all the information of that specific character starting with Chara_id
Sweet thanks!
wanglata
beginner

Post by wanglata »

Lumine wrote:
Thanks a lot for the link and script akderebur , the program worked perfectly this time. Will use this time abroad to categorize some of the dance animation assets in case people are looking for some specific song (still looking for Radio Happy one).

I see face animation is still an issue, I've noticed they are attached to the 3_chara_headXXX assets but still need to be linked to each dance animation assets for the lips sync to work I supose
The problem in the head bundle doesnt store face animation, which is face pose. I suppose, as z22901206 said it's like morph system of MMD , CGSS use a blend of face pose in each frame to create a face animation. So now need to find a way to use this blend.

P/s: Radio Happy animation is 3d_cutt_an_chr_son3041_01_legacy.unity3d :D
Rutabaga
veteran

Post by Rutabaga »

akderebur wrote:
cornal wrote:Do you extracted the animations using UnityEx ? How do you process it in Unity?
No, I didn't use any third party tool, just the Unity itself. Loaded the asset bundle containing the clip using AssetBundle class, and got the animation clip. It can be saved to disk with the AssetDatabase class but it doesn't help very much, so not needed.

I already had a script for exporting mesh/skeleton from Unity scene, I developed it further to include animations. Just selected a random body for mesh/skeleton from one of the body bundles.
Sorry for offtopic,but will this method work with other game on Unity engine? (DC legends in my case) i can't check this by myself cuz i have no access to my laptop,so i hope you can help me
Samples: https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-31030.html
Thanka in advance!
P.S .TEMP files should be decompressed in Unity Studio before opening