Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Wangan Midnight [Need Help Reversing]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
OkCan634
ultra-n00b

Re: Wangan Midnight [Need Help Reversing]

Post by OkCan634 »

blackracer wrote:
This is very strange, the key structure can be the same but the encryption method can hardly be the same, I wonder what the final will be
I also play 5DX and You know what's the difference between 4,5,5DX,5DX+ ? It's pretty funny that only VS screen , new tacho , Extreme mode , new cars , new course and little bit about cars' feeling xD So.. 5DX+ is just a rebadged 4DX+ xDD
blackracer
advanced

Post by blackracer »

Unfortunately, I played very little time in the WMMT4 to see the difference :D
It is possible to find a WMMT5 dump?
RogeliO
ultra-n00b

Post by RogeliO »

blackracer wrote:
RogeliO wrote:Hinz replies to me and said the dongles also work on WMMT4 as well as 5,5DX and maybe 5DX+

Namco did a lazy thing of using the same dongle for international machines (YES INTERNATIONAL MACHINES USE SYSTEM ES1 and the japanese variant uses ES3).
This is very strange, the key structure can be the same but the encryption method can hardly be the same, I wonder what the final will be
It's possible since Hinz got the International variant of the Dongle which uses ES1 and WMMT4 and all the other International WMMT5, 5DX use ES1 too.
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

blackracer wrote:Unfortunately, I played very little time in the WMMT4 to see the difference :D
If a place with international version of WMMT5 or 5DX permits to plug something other than recording devices, then there could be a possibility. Here in Indonesia, even going to the back side of an arcade machine is forbidden imo (we have the international WMMT5DX machines, but restricted to play in Indonesian server only. Sometimes we do find Hong Kong players).
RogeliO
ultra-n00b

Post by RogeliO »

WMMT4 is confirmed working

All we need to do now is wait for the crack to be released in public :)
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

RogeliO wrote:WMMT4 is confirmed working

All we need to do now is wait for the crack to be released in public :)
Just saw the post on the blog. I'm hoping this is 100% legit and will be released soon enough.
OkCan634
ultra-n00b

Post by OkCan634 »

blackracer wrote:Unfortunately, I played very little time in the WMMT4 to see the difference :D
Unfortunately not for now :( As REDZOEU said.. we're only allowed to plug a capture card or HDMI. It would be good if staffs allow me to lend a dongle and HDD for 5DX xD I really want to practice TA on Shibuya.
SpulX
ultra-n00b

Post by SpulX »

Can someone get me the ae86's from latest wangan midnight or make a proper tutorial how to cause i am new to this and i need some nice bodykits.
Alv22
ultra-n00b

Post by Alv22 »

hi there, I'm new to the forum here..
so, I have downloaded the Maxi4 data and I'm looking the car logo data that stored in .nut files..
I see about file is stored in NTLX files..
any info about opening that files?
thanks in advance..
HiyajouMaho
ultra-n00b

Post by HiyajouMaho »

This madman has the entire thing but won't upload it due to, allegadly (according to the comments section) the large filesize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Z8sNBncA4&
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

As promised I'm releasing the Minato Mirai area (could have been sooner if it hadn't been for my 3 jobs). It's still a mess but better than nothing. Link
Textures were named randomly.

GTAIV quick conversion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4DtFIKlSS4

Minato Mirai is compatible with WMPS3 map but must be scaled down a lot.

Do whatever you want with it but bear in mind I did this with my heart.
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

Watched the video. I'm amazed at how the finished map looks like! Except that the white lines on the middle lf the road and the exit kanji sign on the road having collision (which made the r33 go slightly upward).

But, hey! It's a great work :D
Can you tell me how you managed to rip and position the map? You said on previous posts that you watched tutorials on YouTube. Maybe if you can even take such a big map from SBZOC, i can even get maps from Initial D Street Stage too with the same method?
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

REDZOEU wrote:Watched the video. I'm amazed at how the finished map looks like! Except that the white lines on the middle lf the road and the exit kanji sign on the road having collision (which made the r33 go slightly upward).
Thanks :) It's not even close to being finished though. Normals are pretty screwed up and I would want to add lights to lamp poles and traffic but don't know how... The collisions are not a problem I just didn't feel like messing around with them.
REDZOEU wrote:Can you tell me how you managed to rip and position the map? You said on previous posts that you watched tutorials on YouTube. Maybe if you can even take such a big map from SBZOC, i can even get maps from Initial D Street Stage too with the same method?
I used an older version of ninjaripper on ppsspp on WinXP(x86), drove through the map and captured every frame. The best thing is that the pieces are already placed and rotated the proper way. Each frame contained hundreds of pieces and missing geometry so i had to repair, sort them out, name, assign and merge textures...

Took a shot at Street Stage:
Anything's possible if you have the will and patience.
You can emulate Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA on PC though and give a shot at that instead...

Now to Yaesu, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Osaka and Nagoya...
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

Takukun wrote: I used an older version of ninjaripper on ppsspp on WinXP(x86), drove through the map and captured every frame. The best thing is that the pieces are already placed and rotated the proper way. Each frame contained hundreds of pieces and missing geometry so i had to repair, sort them out, name, assign and merge textures...
Specifically what version is it?
Takukun wrote: You can emulate Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA on PC though and give a shot at that instead...
Tried it. Didn't work. Maybe because i'm using a newer Ninja Ripper, or the emulator uses OpenGL, idk. Might make a new thread to ask for help to find out how to extract the archives and get track & car models.
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

REDZOEU wrote:Specifically what version is it?
I'm not 100% sure because i get different info in the help and exe files but i think it's 1.1.4. The version I used on Street stage was the latest though (1.6.4).