Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Halo 5: Forge Models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Halo 5: Forge Models

Post by erik945 »

In some ways, it really is the trick.
As for armor fragments - everything is fair. Previously, I used only one file 0_mesh resource and worked with him

Code: Select all

fname = getOpenFileName \
f_header = fopen fname "rb" - the title of the model. Hence taken scaling and offset
f__mesh = fopen (fname + "[0_mesh resource _!]") "rb" - file body, hence take everything buffer.
Now I select all files on mask and processed each of them

file_array = getFiles (fname + "[*")
for i = 1 to file_array.count do (
f__mesh = fopen (file_array[i])  "rb" 
If the new mesh resource throw to folder - they are also processed.

But an array of coefficient scaling and offset for storm_masterchief is not where typically. I was too lazy to calculate the correct algorithm for a single model, and I found it manually and simply set it's address offset only for this file

if ((findString fname "storm_masterchief.render_model")! = undefined) do (
fseek f_header 0x06d39ca #seek_set
:D
SpookyMajora
beginner

Post by SpookyMajora »

Did Zaramot ever make anymore progress on his script?

I know we've already got a script, but his has the weights and such and would be a bit more useful.
SpookyMajora
beginner

Post by SpookyMajora »

erik945 wrote: If the new mesh resource throw to folder - they are also processed.
Since I was able to get the new files from Revo, I went ahead and checked if the new armors would import properly, the scale and UVs are messed up as they were originally, and this is using the newest script.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7bLaO ... 5MdGM/view

Here's the newest "storm_masterchief" folder.
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

Heh, I wonder. I have to write an honest parser.

Where you found it?
You can upload all that there (models and textures)?
I was primarily interested in the company's characters and aliens of Covenant (elite, jackals, etc.)
SpookyMajora
beginner

Post by SpookyMajora »

erik945 wrote:Heh, I wonder. I have to write an honest parser.

Where you found it?
You can upload all that there (models and textures)?
I was primarily interested in the company's characters and aliens of Covenant (elite, jackals, etc.)
Seeing as this is from the PC Forge version, the Covenant can't be ripped, with the exception of the Grunt I think (it appears in the main menu iirc).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7bLaO ... =drive_web

Here's the textures for the new helmets and armor (again thanks to Revo), you'll have to convert them with Zedd's bitmap tool.
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

I know that we are have access only for PC Forge resources.
I just thought that if the new models began to appear - perhaps Forge updated and added new models.
Spartan019
n00b

Post by Spartan019 »

I am very clearly doing something wrong.
Hilariously wrong, perhaps.

EDIT: Thanks peeps for all your hard work. This is going to be awesome for the prop community.
RosaWeyland
beginner

Post by RosaWeyland »

Spartan019 wrote:I am very clearly doing something wrong.
EDIT: Thanks peeps for all your hard work. This is going to be awesome for the prop community.
You're wasting your time with the Forerunner weapons from Halo 5. They're straight ports from Halo 4, you could use cleaner rips from Halo 4 and then apply the Halo 5 textures.
Spartan019
n00b

Post by Spartan019 »

RosaWeyland wrote:
Spartan019 wrote:I am very clearly doing something wrong.
You're wasting your time with the Forerunner weapons from Halo 5. They're straight ports from Halo 4, you could use cleaner rips from Halo 4 and then apply the Halo 5 textures.
They're certainly very very close to the 4 models(I spent a lot of time with them a few years ago making them printable).
So yeah, easier to just copy the differing bits over to the 4 files.
SpookyMajora
beginner

Post by SpookyMajora »

Has any sort of recent progress been made? I've been wondering if the UV and scaling issue with the recent update has been fixed.
AgentJersey117
ultra-n00b

Post by AgentJersey117 »

How can I open these .model files? I tried to open them in 3DSMax but it did not opened? What can I do?
RosaWeyland
beginner

Post by RosaWeyland »

AgentJersey117 wrote:How can I open these .model files? I tried to open them in 3DSMax but it did not opened? What can I do?
Tools are all conveniently linked within this thread. Please familiarise yourself with them before asking questions. Howeer, in long and short:

Download the most recent copy of the render_mesh tool (5.5 is the most recent version I could find). Drag-drop it into 3DS Max. It'll open up a box allowing you to navigate to the file you want - you'll want to use the render_mesh file as opposed to the .model file. Select your desired file and it should open up in 3DS Max for you to play with.
dracosfire83
ultra-n00b

Post by dracosfire83 »

Wanted to thank you Rosa for all your work and the simplified how to but I was wondering if you still had or know where I could find the texture files the link you posted on page 2 is dead.
RosaWeyland
beginner

Post by RosaWeyland »

dracosfire83 wrote:Wanted to thank you Rosa for all your work and the simplified how to but I was wondering if you still had or know where I could find the texture files the link you posted on page 2 is dead.
Wow. You've come a long way from shitting on me over on the 405th - I thought you were supposed to be some sort of model-extracting god, with terabytes of assets stored on your computer. Surely you're proficient enough to be able to get them yourself, right? After everything that happened on the 405th and the way you guys pretty much dumped me out like cold bathwater, you can understand why I'm now taking a policy of 'I'll release assets privately to those that want them - otherwise, get them yourselves'. I'm no longer putting myself out and doing the amount of work that was required of me to get the assets into a fit state for you guys over on the 405th - your ingratitude and the way you guys treated me after I stepped down showed me why it's just not worth my time helping you guys. Either figure it out for yourself or can it. The tools and instructions are available for you if you look for them.
dracosfire83
ultra-n00b

Post by dracosfire83 »

RosaWeyland wrote:
dracosfire83 wrote:Wanted to thank you Rosa for all your work and the simplified how to but I was wondering if you still had or know where I could find the texture files the link you posted on page 2 is dead.
Wow. You've come a long way from shitting on me over on the 405th - I thought you were supposed to be some sort of model-extracting god, with terabytes of assets stored on your computer. Surely you're proficient enough to be able to get them yourself, right? After everything that happened on the 405th and the way you guys pretty much dumped me out like cold bathwater, you can understand why I'm now taking a policy of 'I'll release assets privately to those that want them - otherwise, get them yourselves'. I'm no longer putting myself out and doing the amount of work that was required of me to get the assets into a fit state for you guys over on the 405th - your ingratitude and the way you guys treated me after I stepped down showed me why it's just not worth my time helping you guys. Either figure it out for yourself or can it. The tools and instructions are available for you if you look for them.
I was just hoping to avoid the hassle of installing a 40gig game I won't play on a hard drive that's over 90% full. But if that's what I got to do I will no problem.