Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
aliann34
beginner

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by aliann34 »

WHAT NEW ABOUT RIPPING/EXTRACTING FORZA 6 APEX OR FORZA HORIZON 3 MODELS ?
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

aliann34 wrote:WHAT NEW ABOUT RIPPING/EXTRACTING FORZA 6 APEX OR FORZA HORIZON 3 MODELS ?
Hi, please be patient, especially during this time of year. There is no need to use capital letters which can be interpreted as you being hostile/demanding towards our community. Such behavior is not permitted. Also, do not report your own posts falsely for attention. Due to this, I have placed a temporary ban on your account.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread.
Happy holidays!
Click the thanks button if I helped!
AMG
advanced

Post by AMG »

Gh0stBlade wrote:Due to this, I have placed a temporary ban on your account.
Happy holidays!
Oh yes, finally! This dude got no chill, everyday asking for the same stupid thing.
If there would be news, those would have been posted already.

Happy holidays Gh0stBlade!
gpfan
beginner

Post by gpfan »

Automotive Gaming wrote:
Gh0stBlade wrote:Due to this, I have placed a temporary ban on your account.
Happy holidays!
Oh yes, finally! This dude got no chill, everyday asking for the same stupid thing.
If there would be news, those would have been posted already.

Happy holidays Gh0stBlade!
Yeah the guy is a bit annoying but for some reason Chipicao isn´t active for some time now in this forum last visit: Jul 07.......
aliann34
beginner

Post by aliann34 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:
aliann34 wrote:WHAT NEW ABOUT RIPPING/EXTRACTING FORZA 6 APEX OR FORZA HORIZON 3 MODELS ?
Hi, please be patient, especially during this time of year. There is no need to use capital letters which can be interpreted as you being hostile/demanding towards our community. Such behavior is not permitted. Also, do not report your own posts falsely for attention. Due to this, I have placed a temporary ban on your account.

Happy holidays!
Ooohhh sorry I could not pay attention :[ :[ I promise I can wait FM6A and FH3 models.

Good or Bad news ?
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

aliann34 wrote:
Gh0stBlade wrote:

Happy holidays!
Ooohhh sorry I could not pay attention :[ :[ I promise I can wait FM6A and FH3 models.

Good or Bad news ?
Hi, please do not double post if you are not adding substantial/critical information. Bumping the topic every few days will not get you 3D models any quicker. To my knowledge the game files are supposedly encrypted (FH3).

==

I'm being told a "debug" version of FH3 PC was accidentally pushed in a patch a few days ago. This has all files decrypted, if anyone has it you might want to post it or file samples. I'm interested in taking a look at the 3D models.

Oh, and if there are more violations of forum rules, this thread might be temporarily locked.

Cheers.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
TheAdmiester
beginner

Post by TheAdmiester »

Gh0stBlade wrote: I'm being told a "debug" version of FH3 PC was accidentally pushed in a patch a few days ago. This has all files decrypted, if anyone has it you might want to post it or file samples. I'm interested in taking a look at the 3D models.

Oh, and if there are more violations of forum rules, this thread might be temporarily locked.

Cheers.
Here's the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V model from the dumped debug version. I thought I'd send one that's unreleased just in case they're different to the retail version cars. I don't think there's any difference but I'd love if someone could get into them.

http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/V34s4ovg/file.html
D3FEKT
n00b

Post by D3FEKT »

TheAdmiester wrote:
Gh0stBlade wrote: I'm being told a "debug" version of FH3 PC was accidentally pushed in a patch a few days ago. This has all files decrypted, if anyone has it you might want to post it or file samples. I'm interested in taking a look at the 3D models.

Cheers.
Here's the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V model from the dumped debug version. I thought I'd send one that's unreleased just in case they're different to the retail version cars. I don't think there's any difference but I'd love if someone could get into them.

Are you going to upload the full dev build eventually?
aliann34
beginner

Post by aliann34 »

TheAdmiester wrote:

Cheers.

please more car Aston DB11 etc.
TheAdmiester
beginner

Post by TheAdmiester »

D3FEKT wrote:
TheAdmiester wrote:

Cheers.

Are you going to upload the full dev build eventually?
Eventually something will happen with it.

I have the full build backed up so don't worry about *me* losing it either.
aliann34
beginner

Post by aliann34 »

Yeah i can't wait bentayga etc.
TheAdmiester
beginner

Post by TheAdmiester »

Not sure if this helps at all but it seems that the texture format, .swatchbin, is frequently (but not always) referred to as a .png in the .exe's strings.

This string refers to media\UI\textures\data_bound\anthem(which is a .zip)\bucketlist_tiles\Challenge_Placeholder_1.png, but if I navigate there:

It's just a .swatchbin file. Simply renaming the extension to .png doesn't work as you'd probably expect, but it might be helpful to know it seems to act like they're PNGs.
aliann34
beginner

Post by aliann34 »

TheAdmiester wrote:Not sure if this helps at all but it seems that the texture format, .swatchbin, is frequently (but not always) referred to as a .png in the .exe's strings.

This string refers to media\UI\textures\data_bound\anthem(which is a .zip)\bucketlist_tiles\Challenge_Placeholder_1.png, but if I navigate there:

It's just a .swatchbin file. Simply renaming the extension to .png doesn't work as you'd probably expect, but it might be helpful to know it seems to act like they're PNGs.
Hmm How is it going to be ?
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

.modelbin meshes appear to be simple but some uvs, like for the hood_a are a lttle bit tricky.
CAD_ATSV_16-modelbin.JPG
Patterns give the files a structure, such as 0400 0100 2A000000 for the FI's list
where 4 is 4 bytes (DWord), 0100= 1 DW, 2A000000= face indices to follow

UV block sizes so far: 0x10 (?), 0x18, 0x24
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
TheAdmiester
beginner

Post by TheAdmiester »

shakotay2 wrote:.modelbin meshes appear to be simple but some uvs, like for the hood_a are a lttle bit tricky.
CAD_ATSV_16-modelbin.JPG
Patterns give the files a structure, such as 0400 0100 2A000000 for the FI's list
where 4 is 4 bytes (DWord), 0100= 1 DW, 2A000000= face indices to follow

UV block sizes so far: 0x10 (?), 0x18, 0x24
The fact that you have anything so far is pretty amazing. I have no idea about any of this stuff but keep it up!

EDIT: I have no idea if this might help - every car has a much smaller (around 1KB) .carbin_debug. I know it's probably too small to contain actual model data, but it must have something. Have you checked that for the CAD_ATSV_16?