Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Higus wrote:@bobdoleowndu
I'd appreciate it if you added named files to be affected by the ID feature too. As it is, when more filenames get hashed, this list will get unpleasant offsets.
Oops, it was actually already supposed to do that. I missed a "/" which caused the folder and file name of named files to be merged.

It's fixed now. Fixed version is up here.
nasanhak
advanced

Post by nasanhak »

@BobDoleOwndU - Great job on the MTAR file format.

Also to the people who decrypted PT. And are already trying out it's models in MGSV.

Here is an update on the pXX dev ids - some info has been updated not all. p34/p36 are still a mystery

Code: Select all

p00 = equipDevelopID - develop Id understood by the game

p01 = equipID - named id understood by the game - not string

p02 = equipDevelopTypeID - weapon/item type

p03 = baseEquipDevelopId - id of parent in dev chain

p04 = skill - special staff required

p05 = bluePrintId - special blueprint required

p06 = langEquipName - name

p07 = langEquipInfo - info

p08 = ftexPath - self explanatory

p09 = equipDevelopGroupID - dev group weapon/item belongs to

--The following are abilities
p10 = langPowerUpInfo0
p11 = langPowerUpInfo1
p12 = langPowerUpInfo2
p13 = langPowerUpInfo3
p14 = langPowerUpInfo4
p15 = langPowerUpInfo5
p16 = langPowerUpInfo6
p17 = langPowerUpInfo7
p18 = langPowerUpInfo8 --not used in EquipDevelopConstSetting but is present in MGO version
p19 = langPowerUpInfo9 --not used in EquipDevelopConstSetting but is present in MGO version
p20 = langPowerUpInfo10 --not used in EquipDevelopConstSetting but is present in MGO version
p21 = langPowerUpInfo11 --not used in EquipDevelopConstSetting but is present in MGO version
--abilities end

p30 = langEquipRealName - full weapon name

p31 = isResultRankLimited - NOT tested if turning to 0 removes rank restricted result - probably not as the result is based on PlayerPlay flags

p32 = isCustomEnable - can weapon be customized - in most cases turning from 0 to 1 will crash game in customize menu

p33 = isColorChangeEnable - can weapon color be changed - in most cases turning from 0 to 1 will crash game in customize menu

p34 = ??? --Seems to be 1 for most high level weapons/items plus items not added to final game like Battle Gear; also unusable weapons/items
	Is Online Dev
	0 seems to be set for nearly all online develop weapons and items and also GZ sneaking suit (but more importantly may denote blueprints for GZ transfer and online dev)
	These may not have p72 (isValidMbCoin) set to 1 in all cases
	Grade 6 Ze'ev, ATB and EMN mines also have p34=0 for some reason(along with others) but have p72=0 and there are some missing items
	Performed a p52(Grade) based filtering

p35 = Equippable by Security Team staff

p36 = Set to 1 seems to be for DLC but there is other crap (unused/un-develop-able) too

p34 and p36 are 1 together only for the following:
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_030_G01
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_030_G02
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_010_G01
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_010_G02
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_020_G01
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_020_G02
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_040_G01
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_WP_SP_SLD_040_G02
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_IT_CBox_CLB_A_G01
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_IT_CBox_CLB_B_G01
	p01=TppEquip.EQP_IT_CBox_CLB_C_G01

So what does this mean???

p50 = idRelatingToConstFile - order matters for these

p51 = derivationIndex - 0 means same dev chain, 1 means new dev chain one level below. Works in combination with p03 to form chains

p52 = developRank2 - grade, 0 value won't show in dev chain or menus(probably same for higher values)

p53 = developGmpCost

p54 = usageGmpCost

p55 = sectionLvForDevelop - level requirement for 1st unit type

p56 = sectionID2ForDevelop - ID of 2nd unit requirement

p57 = sectionLv2ForDevelop - level requirement for 2nd unit type

p58 = resourceType1

p59 = resourceType1Count

p60 = resourceType2

p61 = resourceType2Count

p62 = initialAvailable - auto develops weapon/item

p63 = sectionIDForDevelop - **ID of 1st unit requirement for SOME weapons/items - seems to override p55(higher preference)

p64 = developSectionLv - **level requirement for 1st unit type for SOME weapons/items - SPECULATION(did not test): If 0, then p55 acts as 1st unit level? At any rate set to 1 for easy level requirements

p65 = resourceUsageType1

p66 = resourceUsageType1Count

p67 = resourceUsageType2

p68 = resourceUsageType2Count

p69 = displayInfo - values are
	0 - show in dev menus
	1 - DLC and then some
	2 - Anything un-develop-able - Enemy weapons(cause these need equip info too, just can't be developed), Infected NVG from M43, Balaclava & Headgear, Looks to be unused DD skins(Ocelot & Miller), One Walker Gear pistol, Battle Gear stuff, Honeybee, Skull face gun, Volgin gun(his attack that is), Enemy shields and D.MINE MARKER
	3 - only for wormhole fulton all 4 grades
	5 - All unused - Fulton cargo, fulton normal, fulton wormhole; Hides equip from equip menu as well

p70 = ??? Mystery Column - seems to be 0 for everything

p71 = developTimeMinute

p72 = isValidMbCoin - Online dev items
	Set to 0 to make online stuff available offline - disappears when connected online as usual
	Set to 1 and offline items can only be seen/developed when connected online, but you'll see "A network error has occurred" message :)

p73 = intimacyPoint - Buddy equip develop points :)

p74 = isFobAvailable
	0 means items cannot be equipped for FOBs at sortie screen - cannot commence FOB mission
	This does not control item usage once on FOBs
	So changing from 0 to 1 will allow you to deploy to FOBs with let's say the infinity bandanna/parasite suit
	but the Stealth Camo, supply flare, support flare, cigar, parasites will still not be usable
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:
Higus wrote:@bobdoleowndu
I'd appreciate it if you added named files to be affected by the ID feature too. As it is, when more filenames get hashed, this list will get unpleasant offsets.
Oops, it was actually already supposed to do that. I missed a "/" which caused the folder and file name of named files to be merged.

It's fixed now. Fixed version is up here.
Awesome!

Finally got around to tests:
https://youtu.be/_UlPAXhu4ok
https://youtu.be/ht29ls3XobY

Two more inquiries, doesn't really matter at all, but would it be easy to implement shortcut support for the tool? As in being able to repack a file by dragging the xml on a shortcut of MtarTool instead of lugging over the source exe and all it's companion files to repack. It's something that works nicely in GzsTool. And second, do you plan on adding support for GZ mtars?
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Higus wrote:Two more inquiries, doesn't really matter at all, but would it be easy to implement shortcut support for the tool? As in being able to repack a file by dragging the xml on a shortcut of MtarTool instead of lugging over the source exe and all it's companion files to repack. It's something that works nicely in GzsTool. And second, do you plan on adding support for GZ mtars?
Implementing shortcut support should be easy enough. I just have to figure out why the program is looking in its own folder for files when repacked via command line.

GZ .mtar support should be easy to add as well. GZ's .mtar format is the same as TPP's Mtar Type 1 format, with the only difference being the hash's format differs slightly.

Edit: Fixed the command line/shortcut issue. Uploaded the fixed version on my GitHub. I'll work on GZ support later. I still need to figure out the exact differences between GZ's .mtar hash format and TPP's before I can fully implement it.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

I'm doing a (long overdue) update to SnakeBite with a couple of fixes, and updating its qar dictionary to the MGSV-QAR-Dictionary-Project current.
So anyone that has mods with files with hashed names will have to update those (providing the actual names if those files were added to dictionary between snakebite 0.8.3 dictionary and current).
If not, you shouldn't have to do anything, but can't hurt testing anyway.

Sorry this is only a short heads up because I want to push the version out to get the fixes out soon.
Grab the 0.8.4 prerelease:
https://mega.nz/#!eddWWIaK!QWJ56ZwtXtSQ ... ofgVImqgDc

Edit: prerelease IH repacked for 0.8.4:
https://mega.nz/#!uBNxUTjb!2K899QcOpouE ... vzcqPElbSA

Barring anything making me too busy, I'll try and put out the full snakebite release this weekend.
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

https://unknown321.github.io/mgsv_research/fv2.html
MGO hats have been ported to TPP. Still needs some work to put them into the game, won't be as easy as using snakebite.
I don't think I can work with body cosmetics (too tired), maybe someone else will do it. It should work in the same way as head fv2, add a new hash to sec4, link it in sec1 with command, try. For full-body cosmetics you can try replacing base model.
Last edited by unknown123 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodocks
ultra-n00b

Post by Rodocks »

@unknown123
Are you working on custom terrains or something or are you just out of bounds for some reason?
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

Rodocks wrote:
This is how the map looks like outside the helicopter. Not out of bounds, just out of helicopter, because there is no space in heli and "!" hat was cut off by heli roof.
Paul44
advanced

Post by Paul44 »

I've updated most of my info, based on the DE vs. Attached you'll find textfile with appropriate info & corresponding links.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
unknown123
advanced

Post by unknown123 »

Paul44 wrote:In order to download any of these files, you either need to use a Social Media account; or create a 4Shared account!
This is how your files will never be downloaded. Why do I have to login with my separate social account? Why do I have to create 4Shared account? There are tons of free filesharing sites where you just click on 'download' and it downloads - mega, dropbox, google drive, puush, pomf, even github. Sharing is nice, but it feels like 4shared wants to prevent downloading files. Putting links into txt into zip is another weird way. Why don't you use something like pastebin to link your stuff? One click, easy to copypaste, easy to edit.

Don't get me wrong, you are doing nice stuff, but the ways how you share them are really inconvenient.
stealthcl0wn
ultra-n00b

Post by stealthcl0wn »

Here's hoping that one day we see female avatars in Single Player.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Thrown up an example IH sidop on the inf heaven files page, there's more information in a txt file in there, but feel free to ask any questions.

Current limitations:
Can't use the sideops systems soldiers (the vanilla sideops system reuses 8 specific soldier instances), because they require routes.
(heres my collected info on those again: https://mega.nz/#!mR9TwZIK!FSBa-AiDCGQB ... Mxqx1mte4w)

Likewise manned vehicles require a route (for most sideops it's just staying stay put and look around I think).

Cant place containers since they use .lba / locator binary arrays, which I don't think anyone's looked at.

But modders still could build sideops:
in existing cps.
with hostages (though I'll be trying stuff with that to try and get an easier system going).
with different animals
minefields
(basically just look at the existing sideop fpks)
probably could do pickups
and combinations of thereof.
CantStoptheBipBop
advanced

Post by CantStoptheBipBop »

Good to see you guys are still making tons of progress with the game. I haven't had time to really work on anything but I figured I'd share the stuff I'd been using to force entries for the QAR and lang dictionaries. I'll have to find some time to do a decent writeup for using them but if you look at the documentation txt, QAR works essentially the same way. However it has a dictionary built into the script which you can use to do a combo dictionary and brute force attack for entries.

mgsv_dict_gen

edit: lang_dictionary update 2,565 new entries from a string dump of the Companion App from here. Apparently the app uses the strings in plain-text format or something. The guy's files use [CR][LF] [CR][LF] when inserting blank lines for some reason but you can get rid of them with [find:\r\n \r\n] [replace:\r\n] in notepad++ or whatever.

I had some errors with the file I linked or issues I forgot to mention when I originally posted this.
  • newDict.txt in .\mainDir\lang had a random file I was removing duplicates from instead of the contents of lang_dictionary.txt. Replace both it and the dictionary in .\tppTool\langTool with the latest update.
  • backup() in .\mainDir\qar\qarForce.lua still had something leftover from when I was testing different parts of the script. Comment out the line with os.exit(exit).
  • .cmd and .lua scripts that were never finished or were temp test files for scripts are in the download, so don't use them; just .\mainDir\qar\qarForce.lua and .\mainDir\lang\langForce.lua are intended for use.
I'll upload a more clean and complete version to GitHub whenever I finish writing some up-to-date basic use instructions for both of the main files and get the small scripts finished.
afsoon
ultra-n00b

Post by afsoon »

Hello all!
For the past few months I have been working on a mod to no avail. I've been trying to add boots to the swimsuits that came with the recent patches as FOB event rewards.
In order to better describe my problem, I will give a short report on what I have done so far.
I found out that the model and texture files for female swimsuits are located in 00.dat\19971a2b34806.fpk file. So I extracted the model file (dlf0_main0_def_f.fmdl) and used the 3ds max scripts provided by the dear members of the community to make changes to the model.
In order to add boots, I extracted the boots mesh from the female combat fatiques (chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts\plparts_dd_female.fpkd\dds6_main0_def.fmdl) and added them to the leg mesh of the swimsuit model. During this process I kept the total number of vertices and faces intact by deleting a number of vertices and faces from the leg mesh and adding some after attaching the boots mesh.
so I replaced the modifies leg mesh using the scripts and the hex editor and as far as viewing the model in 3ds max goes, I made it work. But when I injected the mod files into the game, the model became distorted and I have not been able to make it work ever since. I have attached some screenshots of my work process and the final results in order to give you guys a better description.

I've also added a link to all my files in case you want to try something yourself. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0k_K ... TZyWmozb2M
work progress2.jpg
I appreciate any help that you guys can offer...Thanks a lot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

afsoon wrote:-Snip-
As far as I know, nobody has successfully gotten a model with a modified mesh (barring repositioned vertices and deleted faces) back into MGSV.

If you successfully did it, you'd be the first.