Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Halo 5: Forge Models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Halo 5: Forge Models

Post by erik945 »

yes, upload weapons textures, please!
RosaWeyland
beginner

Post by RosaWeyland »

zaramot wrote:In order to make some teaser and raise motivation to send me more models+textures. I'm posting this pic with Master Chief and Spartan Locke imported from Halo 5 Forge (with all LODs) xD And Locke has nice face mesh under helmet :D
I think I can help you out there. I pulled all of the raw files from the game and I've been working on compiling the textures into a megapack along with the Waypoint-extracted armour files. However, I've also zipped up all of the models and textures from their raw formats and pushed them to my Mega account for others to use and enjoy. Please take them and make better use of them than I could - I'd love to be able to start processing models out of the game myself and putting together packs for people to use. Since you say you already have the textures I'm focusing on the models.

I'm also going to be pushing the full armour/textures pack as soon as I've done it, hopefully as some sort of incentive/thank-you for those with the technical expertise to process the raw model data - my main resource is time, so I'm happy to sit and spend a few hours trawling through the files and getting them all pulled from the game and sorted for others to use. It's a small matter compared to the work that goes into getting the files out.

You can grab my files here:
https://mega.nz/#!kps3xKqA!1xn7XOl5jeDS ... Ok5B7WAUpQ
(WARNING: 700mb+)

Also, please feel free to fire me up on Discord or Skype if you need anything directly that I've forgotten or accidentally omitted - I'll leave links to those if you need them.
dravid51
ultra-n00b

Post by dravid51 »

RosaWeyland what tools do you use to convert the raw files?
RosaWeyland
beginner

Post by RosaWeyland »

dravid51 wrote:RosaWeyland what tools do you use to convert the raw files?
Uh... that's a bit of a process, actually, and given how involved it is, it's probably easier for me to just post up a link to the raw files to use. I'll grub around and post the tools I use once I can get the links, though.

EDIT: if there's a clearer walkthrough or guide for Hex2Obj, however, I'd be very grateful. I'm doing my best to understand all of this but it's... a little beyond me.

EDIT 2: here's the raw texture data, if people want it.
https://mega.nz/#!lw0VhRIZ!wP9zOWMagOVO ... wEs9tg3y40
WARNING: huuuuuge file.
RosaWeyland
beginner

Post by RosaWeyland »

Managed to pull this with some help last night. Issues are as follows:
- No UVs. Not sure if that was because the person helping me omitted them, or the tool didn't pull them.
- Tool pulls ALL LoD files - so there's a lot of sorting to be done to get the HD stuff you'll most likely want.
- Model seems to be stretched along one axis. Needs manually fixing for now, unless you can figure out how to offset that in the model pull.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

So, someone working on the tool already? Glad to hear, I'm sure the person which helping you just omitted them, there's no any problem with uv's, scaling should be done with bounding-box and LODs aren't such a big problem since they are just as separate mesh, no problem to delete them (or just not importing them). Main issue with Halo 5 it's rigging, only yesterday I figured it out more or less :( It's quite strange system if you ask me!

Making model-import scripts, PM
Alexis
beginner

Post by Alexis »

zaramot wrote:So, someone working on the tool already? Glad to hear, I'm sure the person which helping you just omitted them, there's no any problem with uv's, scaling should be done with bounding-box and LODs aren't such a big problem since they are just as separate mesh, no problem to delete them (or just not importing them). Main issue with Halo 5 it's rigging, only yesterday I figured it out more or less :( It's quite strange system if you ask me!
You do such amazing work. I'm definitely looking forward to your script release!
RosaWeyland
beginner

Post by RosaWeyland »

zaramot wrote:So, someone working on the tool already? Glad to hear, I'm sure the person which helping you just omitted them, there's no any problem with uv's, scaling should be done with bounding-box and LODs aren't such a big problem since they are just as separate mesh, no problem to delete them (or just not importing them). Main issue with Halo 5 it's rigging, only yesterday I figured it out more or less :( It's quite strange system if you ask me!
That looks pretty amazing. I'd love to be able to help out, if you need it, though I'll echo what others have said: I look forward to the script release!
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

Wow, good job.
Can you show where is scale's value?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

erik945 wrote:Wow, good job.
Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is (I'm using manual scale values, fine for characters I tried though). It appears it's not in the mesh file, neither in skeleton file too. Again, unfortunatelly each Halo 5 model has a lot of extra files near it, so this could take time to locate scaling values/bounding box. + it's using Havok, so maybe it's something Havok related. If someone knows where it is, share the info, this is the only issue, which preventing me to post model-import script xD
Alexis
beginner

Post by Alexis »

zaramot wrote:
Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is (I'm using manual scale values, fine for characters I tried though). It appears it's not in the mesh file, neither in skeleton file too. Again, unfortunatelly each Halo 5 model has a lot of extra files near it, so this could take time to locate scaling values/bounding box. + it's using Havok, so maybe it's something Havok related. If someone knows where it is, share the info, this is the only issue, which preventing me to post model-import script xD
Unfortunately, If it's similar to the other Halo games' model formats, the scaling is determined entirely by the bounding box. There are no other stored scale values.
RosaWeyland
beginner

Post by RosaWeyland »

zaramot wrote:
I'm having this problem myself. Between my friend and I we're having problems finding out exactly how the scaling works. Every model seems to come out in a cube (1x1x1) and I've had to re-scale the stuff I'm pulling out manually to fix it. Of course, that means that the files are prone to errors since my scaling might not be absolutely accurate. I'm sending my friend a source copy of Adjutant, so maybe he can use that to figure the issue out. If we can, I'll be sure to let you know.

Are you having success with the multiplayer Spartan models, though? I can't seem to get those pulled at all.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Hmm, you mean customization parts? Well, I'm imported all models I have so far, maybe I just missing something. If it will not be hard for you to post few such files here or at least tell me their names, so I can try to locate them amoung mine xD
RosaWeyland
beginner

Post by RosaWeyland »

Sure - I'm mainly looking for the Marauder set, since I can't get that model from Halo Waypoint's .js files. The tool I'm using (which is quick, dirty and based off of hex2obj) won't open up the multiplayer armour files.

I'd also like to check - are you able to pull a clean, high-definition file of the Hydra launcher? For some reason I can only pull the medium-LoD file using my tool, and I'm curious as to whether it's an issue on my end or that the file will just be like that.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

I never played Halo games, have no idea how those models looks. Do you have extracted files from Halo 5: Forge, right? Since, I don't have any files with such names lol