Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Solidcal
beginner

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Solidcal »

HeartlessSeph wrote:
Solidcal wrote:
Solidcal wrote:Has anyone tried to morph BB's GZ sneaking suit to a more female look body type? Would be an interesting swap for the black MGS1 styled sneaking suit.
That sounds like an interesting proposition, but can it be done properly with model swapping? I thought that the eyeballs would be missing if you swapped an outfit out for the GZ suit.
I'd assume with the vertex editor script it might be possible, since that script allowed the posibily of moving the vertex of the banada to be moved whn the horn was removed for the TMWSTW mod on the nexus I believe. Not sure how many vertexs/vertices can be morphed though.
Nah but in all seriousness, you can't do that simply because it'd distort the face. You would most likely have to re-rig the model. Also, one eye remains since Big Boss had one eye on his model so you could just keep that there but you'd probably have to use his eyepatch too to hide the missing eye.[/quote]
Ah I see. I was also looking to using the actual Big Boss GZ suit wearing full model character than Venom's version. But thanks. That answers my question.

Edit: Another question. Does anyone know which file deals with the NVG's/Thermal's greenish overlay effect when selected? I would like to do a mod that replaces the NVG with Raiden's sheathed sword as seen in GZ's Jaminus Vu and use the vertex script to move it so it is placed on Raiden's back. Though I can't remember if TPP makes the NVG model invisible when using the raiden model like it did with Raiden in the GZ side op. So yeah if anyone can tell me. That'd be great. :)
morbidslinky
beginner

Post by morbidslinky »

Solidcal wrote:Does anyone know which file deals with the NVG's/Thermal's greenish overlay effect when selected?
I wouldn't know where to begin with that. Is editing item abilities possible currently?
Last edited by morbidslinky on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails »

So they just announced Metal Gear Survival. The game takes place after Metal Gear Solid v Ground Zeroes with Militarias Sans Frontiers. What I am hoping for is that they remake the Peace Walker suits like the Sneaking suit and Bomb suit so we wont have to use any vertex editing to make the ground zeroes suit for females.They might even incorporate Metal Gear zeke into the game.
morbidslinky
beginner

Post by morbidslinky »

Ashtails wrote:So they just announced Metal Gear Survival. The game takes place after Metal Gear Solid v Ground Zeroes with Militarias Sans Frontiers. What I am hoping for is that they remake the Peace Walker suits like the Sneaking suit and Bomb suit so we wont have to use any vertex editing to make the ground zeroes suit for females.They might even incorporate Metal Gear zeke into the game.
I thought you were joking at first, but then I watched the trailer. To be honest, it could be a little mindless fun. But yeah, if anything, it should give modders some more material to work with for mgsv.
Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails »

morbidslinky wrote:
Ashtails wrote:So they just announced Metal Gear Survival. The game takes place after Metal Gear Solid v Ground Zeroes with Militarias Sans Frontiers. What I am hoping for is that they remake the Peace Walker suits like the Sneaking suit and Bomb suit so we wont have to use any vertex editing to make the ground zeroes suit for females.They might even incorporate Metal Gear zeke into the game.
I thought you were joking at first, but then I watched the trailer. To be honest, it could be a little mindless fun. But yeah, if anything, it should give modders some more material to work with for mgsv.
Maybe we can even transfer our character from MGO to Metal Gear Survive
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Ashtails wrote:Maybe we can even transfer our character from MGO to Metal Gear Survive
Looks like it's using the same character creation system, so even if you can't transfer them, you should be able to recreate them.

The game actually looks like it could be fun, despite all of the hate it's getting. I'm willing to give it a chance at least.
morbidslinky
beginner

Post by morbidslinky »

Since the thread's dead again, I'll report something fun.

I've managed to successfully add more animals into an area. I'm still tinkering with it, but I'm feeling good about my progress. Hopefully, I can make something worthwhile for TPP's anniversary.

Update: Adding and moving animal spawns is surprisingly easy. I've populated the Aabe Shifap Ruins with 30 goats, where there were originally 4. I need to mix up the numbers when I publish the mod, but I have 5 groups of 6 goats spread across the ruins. This is great! I've been dying to make TPP's open world less empty.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

morbidslinky wrote:Since the thread's dead again, I'll report something fun.

I've managed to successfully add more animals into an area. I'm still tinkering with it, but I'm feeling good about my progress. Hopefully, I can make something worthwhile for TPP's anniversary.

Update: Adding and moving animal spawns is surprisingly easy. I've populated the Aabe Shifap Ruins with 30 goats, where there were originally 4. I need to mix up the numbers when I publish the mod, but I have 5 groups of 6 goats spread across the ruins. This is great! I've been dying to make TPP's open world less empty.
This sounds awesome!

I want to see an area full of bears just for the fun of it. I think it would be hilarious to have a giant pack of bears charge at you. XD
morbidslinky
beginner

Post by morbidslinky »

BobDoleOwndU wrote: I want to see an area full of bears just for the fun of it. I think it would be hilarious to have a giant pack of bears charge at you. XD
Be careful what you wish for =P
CantStoptheBipBop
advanced

Post by CantStoptheBipBop »

Good idea, that sounds like a cool addition. Is there an issue with spawning them passed a certain point? I was reading some thread on Nexus where people were trying something similar with soldiers but it ended up causing issues (crashes, Houdini soldiers, etc.). If not then that sounds awesome. I'm going to check if animals have a maxClimbableAngle property and set it at 90. You know, for absolute chaos in my sniper battle with Quiet.

I'm currently putting together notes for vehicle physics tweaks, so I'll upload them for you all whenever I get a handle on it.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

That's neat. I've been sitting on something similar for a while, but didn't know whether to have it as a standalone nexus page or optional file on IH, then I got distracted lol. I'll leave it be if you're doing something though.
Are you just upping the count property on the TppAnimalLocatorParameters, or are you also adding more locators?

I finally circled back around to looking at the face fova system that's shared between soldiers and the player when using DD male/female.

The main meat of a face definition is basically 4 fova definitions, though they are kinda interrelated.
Each fova can have it's own fpk.
There's
faceFova - has the main face fmdl - in some cases this is a stand-alone complete face.
faceDecoFova - which is just a fv2 to switch the face mesh texture.
hairFova - the main hair fmdl
hairDecoFova - fv2 to switch face texture.

I did some experiments of adding some more face definitions using stuff from your quiet pack BobDoleOwndU, simply because it was nicely laid out and easy to test with. I won't release anything based on your work, but I might send you an example built from it.
https://youtu.be/cqXujX4m9Qs

In the video I added several face definition entries only using the faceFova (with the other 3 fovas set to none) pointed to a new fpk with the dds6_head_z_cov.fmdl and the fv2.
There's still issues, one of the face models fails to show for some reason, and also the eyeballs don't show, though the iris does.
Also the janky texture loading is because the pftx is unmodded
Most of that stuff is outside my current knowledge of model editing.

Also in the video I have IH options to change player type, parts type, camo type, and head id.
Nothing terribly new, Three-Socks did it with his basic trainer a million years ago, this just gives it friendly labels.
These are just the index into the existing defined ones, apart from the heads, that stuff is in the exe unfortunately. The soldier bodies are defined in script, but as known the player doesn't use those.
I extended my plparts_<name>_modelnfo.lua support from my other fova option so the parts type can have the name of the model swap in the IH option if the author adds it.

Back to the face definition - it needs scripting support to actually change the head, and ideally have a system for mod authors to just describe their face models in a file then have the main mod do the actual face definition modding on load. But that's a more free-form situation where for IH's separate fova feature I was relying on specific plparts names since the fovas had to match, since there doesn't seem to be any 'files of this type' function in script. The fallback would be to have a single specific lua as the added face registry and have the user or a tool mod that.

If this works out it would increase the options for player models.
morbidslinky
beginner

Post by morbidslinky »

CantStoptheBipBop wrote:Is there an issue with spawning them passed a certain point? I was reading some thread on Nexus where people were trying something similar with soldiers but it ended up causing issues (crashes, Houdini soldiers, etc.).
So far, the only hard restriction I've found is that a group of goats can't be larger than 6. I imagine the same goes for the other animals, i.e. wolves in groups of 2. That said, I've 'stacked' groups without problems, and had 5 groups of 6 goats in one place before. I haven't been stress testing, or being creative with the animal variety, but I've quadrupled the number of animals in 6 locations without any performance loss or crashing.
Tex wrote:Are you just upping the count property on the TppAnimalLocatorParameters, or are you also adding more locators?
Both! Like I said, the Locator parameters can only go so high, but I've been recycling pointers from the other animal files to add more locators for each file. I thought it was a bit sketchy at first, but it's worked out very well for me. I have to thank you for the ability to print out marker locations, btw, it's a great way to place animals!

Good luck on both of your endeavors, guys!
CantStoptheBipBop
advanced

Solidcal wrote:Edit: Another question. Does anyone know which file deals with the NVG's/Thermal's greenish overlay effect when selected?
You may have found it by now but it's NightVisions.fox2 (\chunk0\*\col_common_tpp_fpkd\*\NightVisions.fox2). It has some parameters for the noise filter and tinting.
Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails »

Has anyone tried taking the skulls sniper and nulling everything except for the eyepatch and replacing it with one of the avatars hairstyles?
CantStoptheBipBop
advanced

So progress update I guess.

https://youtu.be/cKBZ4Fg5fj4

I've narrowed down whatever property was limiting vehicle speed modifications to a few possibilities. I still have to play with it to make it handle less... absurd. It seems to be a combination of .veh and .ph files in a vehicle's .fpkd. Tweaked files below are using veh_rl_east_lv.fpkd (soviet 4wd).

Code: Select all

slv.veh
    specPointAngularVelocity (8 values set 15,000; vanilla 0 - 12,000)
        --Apparently affects rotation speed of wheels; 0 causes it to barely move

specPointTorque (8 values set 2,000; vanilla max 260 5th gear)
        --force generated each gear

slv.ph
    mass (2; vanilla 1,000)

maxLinearVelocity (600; vanilla 100)

maxAngularVelocity (900; vanilla 90)
Edit: btw Tex, probably a stupid question but how did you add entries to the langTool dictionary? I tried adding some entries (swimsuit lang descriptions and names) but it just kinda screws up all of key entries and langIds within the .lng2 files when I try unpacking them with my added entries.