Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Any One Volunteering to make a tool/script for this format?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
eri619
veteran

Any One Volunteering to make a tool for this format?

Post by eri619 »

shakotay2 wrote:
eri619 wrote:If its possible to make simple vertex edits and then inject it back to the model file,i'll be really happy.
same problem as before: you'll need to find someone who's willing to code a tool for you.

Also, what does that mean exactly: "simple vertex edits"?
As long as the vertex count doesn't change the skinning shouldn't be affected (hopefully).

But for an armor for example you're always in danger of overlapping mesh parts ingame.

(btw: did you ever do such edits for any other game?)
What i meant is changing the shape of the model without changing the vertex count.

And yes,i did edit models without changing the vertex count.

Schradek123 made blender script which opens SVR Models in blender,but it doesnt export the edits back.tekken57 a.k.a plodtrew(his name here) coded a function in his tool named x-rey which enables the vertex edits to be injected back into the ps2 model.(U-V edits are not possible).

Thats what i meant,just editing the model shape without making changes to the vertex count.
Last edited by eri619 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eri619
veteran

Re: WWF RAW Model Format Research(.FML)

Post by eri619 »

shakotay2 wrote:ugly format, ugly models. Who would waste life and time?
I made some ugly patches to get 000l.fml -
although I read only 14 of 26 (33?) assumed submeshes the model looks to be complete (heads are separate I guess)
after turning face culling on:
000l_fml.png
I know you dont have time to code a tool,but could you possibly mark the offsets within the model file(maybe a hex workshop bookmark file) so that i could provide these information for someone to code a tool?.. it would be really helpful.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Someone who can code such tools is able to get such info by a quick glance into the hex editor.

Anyways, here you go, vertices start at 0xC43 in this fml file:
000L_fml-FVF.jpg
Keep in mind that the FVF size is odd here: 43 (it might be different for different files, 49 for example).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
eri619
veteran

Post by eri619 »

shakotay2 wrote:Someone who can code such tools is able to get such info by a quick glance into the hex editor.

Anyways, here you go, vertices start at 0xC43 in this fml file:
000L_fml-FVF.jpg
Keep in mind that the FVF size is odd here: 43 (it might be different for different files, 49 for example).
Thanks for the info bro,BTW the reason why the model looked ugly to is because you got the mesh out of the Low Poly model.
The wrestler has three models H,L,M you got the mesh out of the L one.This is used when the wrestler runs far away from the ring and the camera looks from the top of the arena.

Sad part of the story is not many people take up old formats,i had to convince the plodtrew guy so much to take up the ps2 format to make a tool for it.

Since i'm on my babysteps on being a model format inspector,this is a total noobish question.

As in the image above you have highlighted the vertices offset.So what should i do to convert the vertex data into wavefront obj data.
I mean is this how it works,convert the vertex data into float data using hex to float tool and then convert the floats into wavefront obj? I'm a total noob,i'm putting my first steps in model inspection.

People like you are such an inspiration for me..You are a pro.
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

you could simply use hex2obj - view the wavefront obj data in the test.obj file it creates.
The vertex data is also to be seen in the left lower listbox (go2 button pressed):
000L_fml_.jpg
(first submesh only)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
eri619
veteran

Re: Any One Volunteering to make a tool for this format?

Post by eri619 »

Thanks for your valuable support sir,really appreciate your help.

BTW Any One Volunteering to make a tool for this format?

Features i'm looking for:
1)Since this an old format it would be difficult to make complete modifications,therefore what i'm looking for in the tool/script is for it to allow me to make vertex edits without changing the vertex count and then making it possible to inject the edits back to the model file.

2)Allowing U-V edits if possible.
eri619
veteran

Re: Any One Volunteering to make a tool/script for this form

Post by eri619 »

Anyone willing?
eri619
veteran

Re: Any One Volunteering to make a tool/script for this form

Post by eri619 »

Where in the blue hell is Szhradek123 when i need him.I only come online somehow when he comes by and leaves once in a while.Each time i miss him.Damn!