Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 .DAT

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 .DAT

Post by Acewell »

Its the same script, i just changed the setting for image type, width and height in the script for these textures and also renamed the texture extension from dat to x2t just so Noesis would recognize them from the script, but you are free to change anything in there to make it easier for you. :)
logansan25
veteran

Post by logansan25 »

AceWell wrote:Its the same script, i just changed the setting for image type, width and height in the script for these textures and also renamed the texture extension from dat to x2t just so Noesis would recognize them from the script, but you are free to change anything in there to make it easier for you. :)
Any tutorial for extract this files?
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

I don't think there is one, i just been playing around with the samples in this thread. :D
aluigi made a script for QuickBMS to extract dat files from the X360 pak archives
http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=2136#p2136
JulioCabral
ultra-n00b

Post by JulioCabral »

pechenko121 wrote:Hello guys. That's me again. Luigi made script that extrats content of MUA2 igz files and everything is give is .dat files. Can somebody please try to convert this files into readeble model and texture? i would appreciate it :)

Sample: Here

Added other textures to archive.
Hello, sorry to bother. Here it say that there's a script to extract igz files? Where can I find it?.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

pechenko121 wrote:Hello guys. That's me again. Luigi made script that extrats content of MUA2 igz files and everything is give is .dat files. Can somebody please try to convert this files into readeble model and texture? i would appreciate it :)

I made a Noesis plugin that works with your texture samples just for fun :D
tex_MUA2_dat.zip
it will open the diffuse, normal and specular textures but your normal map textures are corrupt or something and the specular textures are reddish so i don't know if that is my fault or just the way they are in that game. (:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pechenko121
advanced

Post by pechenko121 »

AceWell wrote:

I made a Noesis plugin that works with your texture samples just for fun :D
tex_MUA2_dat.zip
it will open the diffuse, normal and specular textures but your normal map textures are corrupt or something and the specular textures are reddish so i don't know if that is my fault or just the way they are in that game. (:
oh, thank you :D
Yeah, it seems that normals are corrupted, Luigi said that some files extracted from .pak archieves of game will be corrupted. Every time its normal maps :D
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

pechenko121 wrote:Luigi said that some files extracted from .pak archieves of game will be corrupted. Every time its normal maps :D
I recently stumbled on those archives, and I think I can extract them correctly. If you still need it.
pechenko121
advanced

Post by pechenko121 »

daemon1 wrote:
pechenko121 wrote:Luigi said that some files extracted from .pak archieves of game will be corrupted. Every time its normal maps :D
I recently stumbled on those archives, and I think I can extract them correctly. If you still need it.
Oh i think that would be nice if you could do that :D
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Then can you point me at the link with archives you still need to extract.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Just as i thought. Like in other IGA_ archives, these "unsupported" chunks are just uncompressed. Now I need some time to figure out how to support it in script.

pechenko121
advanced

Post by pechenko121 »

daemon1 wrote:Just as i thought. Like in other IGA_ archives, these "unsupported" chunks are just uncompressed. Now I need some time to figure out how to support it in script.

nice to see that! :D
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Sorry, I'm a little busy here with Star Sapphire extraction. But when I finish with her, MUA2 is next in my queue.

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Here's the tool for the Deadpool. Must extract all of the game archives now.

Notify me of any errors. The method they used to determine which files may be not-compressed was rather strange.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

So if the tool is working for all files, let me know. I will publish it in a new thread, so it won't be lost.
pechenko121
advanced

Post by pechenko121 »

daemon1 wrote:So if the tool is working for all files, let me know. I will publish it in a new thread, so it won't be lost.
sorry for late reply. Yes i used your tool, it extracted everything from archieves. But i have some difficulties with extracting textures from igz files. I used Luigi's igz extract script, then I used AceWell script for noesis, but it gave me an error. Maybe i did something wrong?