Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ashtails
beginner

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Ashtails »

How do you combine meshes like in the BigBoss mod?
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

Ashtails wrote:How do you combine meshes like in the BigBoss mod?
I just take advantage of the pieces in the mod. Mainly, I have the body mesh and then replace the arms with a separate mesh to give them the illusion of being one mesh. You can generally see the negative side of this when you use the rocket arm.
Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails »

HeartlessSeph wrote:
I just take advantage of the pieces in the mod. Mainly, I have the body mesh and then replace the arms with a separate mesh to give them the illusion of being one mesh. You can generally see the negative side of this when you use the rocket arm.
Oh ok, so for Snake you can swap the head, body, and arm to make the model and for dd soldiers there is only the body and head to swap
But the avatar you can change the body, arm, horn, and hair piece models?
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

Ashtails wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
Oh ok, so for Snake you can swap the head, body, and arm to make the model and for dd soldiers there is only the body and head to swap
But the avatar you can change the body, arm, horn, and hair piece models?
Yup, that sounds just about right. Although for DD soldiers, if the soldier comes with glasses you can swap those as well.
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

does anyone know if its possible to add meshes from other models to the suits?
like the DD emblem from the other suits with the diamond to the GZ suit.
TruckerHatRyan
n00b

Post by TruckerHatRyan »

paulscottttt wrote:does anyone know if its possible to add meshes from other models to the suits?
like the DD emblem from the other suits with the diamond to the GZ suit.
Yes. You'd have to null out everything except the emblem on one of the outfits and then set that as the main fmdl for an fpk and then have the model you want set as the arm models. Both models need to be of similar shape otherwise the emblem won't be in the right position.

Keep in mind that this would mean no bionic arms would appear so you'd want to use a model with two arms and then you have to deal with the rocket arms which have two slots instead of one.
crash!
ultra-n00b

Post by crash! »

Hello everybody, i've been looking to retexture the SV/GZ Sneaking Suit to Black that was included in the GZ Modding tool, too bad TPP modding is very confusing to people like me who are rather new, so i have a question would anybody be able to swap the textures for me and send me the files i need to replace? i'll gladly provide the textures, uploaded to mixtape.moe due to filesize
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

crash! wrote:Hello everybody, i've been looking to retexture the SV/GZ Sneaking Suit to Black that was included in the GZ Modding tool, too bad TPP modding is very confusing to people like me who are rather new, so i have a question would anybody be able to swap the textures for me and send me the files i need to replace? i'll gladly provide the textures, uploaded to mixtape.moe due to filesize

to get it change colour i edited the texture and removed a line from the pftxs after extracting it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crash!
ultra-n00b

Post by crash! »

paulscottttt wrote:
crash! wrote:Hello everybody, i've been looking to retexture the SV/GZ Sneaking Suit to Black that was included in the GZ Modding tool, too bad TPP modding is very confusing to people like me who are rather new, so i have a question would anybody be able to swap the textures for me and send me the files i need to replace? i'll gladly provide the textures, uploaded to mixtape.moe due to filesize

to get it change colour i edited the texture and removed a line from the pftxs after extracting it.
Very nice, could you detail on what exactly you edited and what line you removed? or just send me the actual pftxs file i need to replace. thanks in advance.
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

crash! wrote:
paulscottttt wrote:

Very nice, could you detail on what exactly you edited and what line you removed? or just send me the actual pftxs file i need to replace. thanks in advance.
extract the pftxs with GZS tool. you'll get a xml edit it with notepad or what ever you use. look for the line that points to what you want to change.
delete that line save xml. repack pftxs. once thats done. any changes you make will show up.

:rock:
crash!
ultra-n00b

Post by crash! »

paulscottttt wrote:
extract the pftxs with GZS tool. you'll get a xml edit it with notepad or what ever you use. look for the line that points to what you want to change.
delete that line save xml. repack pftxs. once thats done. any changes you make will show up.

:rock:
EDIT: Nevermind i figured out a way so that it works

And snakes sv sneaking suit remains blue, i give up this is too hard for me, gonna wait for someone to release a black sv sneaking suit retex. still thankful for all help i got from you though paul! :)
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

Qucik question. Did the ftextool get updated recently as I am trying to unpack the ps3 TPP textures in hopes the day one dlc outfits are there. I want to import the over already exsisting camo scarf outfits so they can be used in TPP pc. But when I unpack any of the ftex files, ftex tool crashes. So not sure if the one I have is outdated. Thanks.
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

Solidcal wrote:Qucik question. Did the ftextool get updated recently as I am trying to unpack the ps3 TPP textures in hopes the day one dlc outfits are there. I want to import the over already exsisting camo scarf outfits so they can be used in TPP pc. But when I unpack any of the ftex files, ftex tool crashes. So not sure if the one I have is outdated. Thanks.
ive already made the console exclusive fatigues "ocelot black, blue urban, grey urban and all purpose dryland" if thats what your mean?
http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolid ... D244&pUp=1
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

paulscottttt wrote:
Solidcal wrote:Qucik question. Did the ftextool get updated recently as I am trying to unpack the ps3 TPP textures in hopes the day one dlc outfits are there. I want to import the over already exsisting camo scarf outfits so they can be used in TPP pc. But when I unpack any of the ftex files, ftex tool crashes. So not sure if the one I have is outdated. Thanks.
ive already made the console exclusive fatigues "ocelot black, blue urban, grey urban and all purpose dryland" if thats what your mean?
http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolid ... D244&pUp=1
No what I was asking was if the ftex tool got updated. As I wanted to grab the day one dlc outfits textures from the console files. But yeah saw you did them so I guess I don't need to bother with the console textures now. :) Though has it been updated at all? The ftex tool I mean.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Here's what I learned today: MGO textures are stored a bit differently than TPP ones.

Unlike TPP, the full texture files for outfits aren't stored together in the texture.dat files. Like in TPP, MGO stores the <hash>.ftex file and the <hash>.1.ftexs file in the pftxs file of the outfits. However, unlike TPP, the <hash>.2.ftexs and <hash>.3.ftexs are stored in texture0.dat without <hash>.ftex and <hash>.1.ftexs. If you want to view the full texture, you need to get the files from both the pftxs and texture0.dat.

Also, not sure if this is already known, but it's possible to inject a full texture into a pftxs file if you add the missing ftexs files and add entries for them in the xml GzsTool generates.