Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Acewell »

Sorry i don't know then, try running it with Dependency Walker and see if your system is missing libraries or something.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/
barabelmaster
ultra-n00b

Post by barabelmaster »

AceWell wrote:Sorry i don't know then, try running it with Dependency Walker and see if your system is missing libraries or something.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/
I will try that! Thank you! I should export an archive to test correct?
olli9000
advanced

Post by olli9000 »

Many thanks! You are welcome! I dont know, if there are all ships in that folder, but that what iam looking for is there. =)
Talgalar
ultra-n00b

Post by Talgalar »

Hello !

I try to understand what you said Acewell about : Getting gr2 and mat file names
So I opened one of this index to find a Zakel knight helmet so : face_gehelmet69_bmn_archetype
I find it in the index but I didn't have to change anything, but the model doesn't appear in noesis. So what can I do ?
Because I would like to have a Zakel knight :D

Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

I'm sorry but i don't know what you are asking, everything i do is typed up in that post in the simplest way i could think of. :(
Alianin
ultra-n00b

Post by Alianin »

Still have a ways to go, but I thought I'd throw out an updated hashlist. This includes all the new files from earlier in the thread as well as 92 icon filenames I found. If I'm calculating it correctly, that still leaves 17% of unknown filenames (106,453).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9yf4ugffudi7 ... e.zip?dl=0
TheNoblePeanut
ultra-n00b

Post by TheNoblePeanut »

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I've been fighting for hours to extract AUDIO/SFX files from SWTOR, but it seems everything is working against me. Has anybody successfully done this? And if so, is there any way I could persuade you to upload the sounds to some file server and PM me a link?
SquigglyV
ultra-n00b

Post by SquigglyV »

Hello, i'm having a problem where there are no models in my .tor files. I extract them with EasyMYP but the only things inside are folders with .dds, .txt, .xml, or a few other file types. I can't find a single .gr2 file in any of the archives. I installed Dependency Walker because of an earlier post here but I couldn't figure out how to check for missing libraries or anything like that. If it helps, i'm specifically looking for all the starship models (transports from warzones, class ships, space mission enemies, landed ships on planets, etc).
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

I don't know why some of you can't extract the gr2 files with easyMYP anymore but i suppose you could try the bms script posted on the first page of this thread to extract them. If it doesn't work i'm sure someone could fix it right up.

It is also disheartening to see there is a nice looking model viewer for this game that isn't being shared.
http://i.imgur.com/mZRSu9K.png
I'm pretty sure that program wouldn't be possible without some of the knowledge posted here and an efficient model viewer is exactly what is needed given how many files this game has. :(
SquigglyV
ultra-n00b

Post by SquigglyV »

I got this error with that script in QuickBMS: http://imgur.com/CytnGqz

I found another script when trying to fix that, and ended up with a different error when using it: http://imgur.com/6GNXxY2

I can post the new script if it might help, I have almost no experience in coding so I can't see if something is wrong in it.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

I posted a thread on Zenhax to see if aluigi can update chrrox's script from the first page, i will post it here if/when it gets fixed.

edit
No luck yet with an update to the script but since chrrox says tor files are zlib compressed i figured offzip will work and i was able to test extract 229 files from swtor_main_zed_1.tor like this
offzip.exe -a swtor_main_zed_1.tor C:\offzip\extracted_files 0

Your gr2 files will extract with a gaw extension but you can just rename them and import into Noesis.
SquigglyV
ultra-n00b

Post by SquigglyV »

Using offzip seems to work quite well for me, I got the .gaw/.gr2 files from it and I can view them in Noesis. Well there's no textures but I was able to get those with EasyMYP. Thanks for the help!

And I have a semi-related question, are there any complete npc models (generic ones like sith, dancers, jedi, etc.) in the files or are they all assembled in-game from the different head/body/armor pieces?

EDIT
Ok I was wrong. Stuff extracted with offzip doesn't play well with the .gr2 plugin i'm using in noesis, the extracted files are strangely named, and I cannot for the life of me get any textures matched to their models.
Last edited by SquigglyV on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

I believe they are all assembled through the armor/head/body files. I haven't seen any compiled npcs other than the main npcs from Knights of the Fallen Empire.
SquigglyV
ultra-n00b

Post by SquigglyV »

TRDaz wrote:I haven't seen any compiled npcs other than the main npcs from Knights of the Fallen Empire.
Including Lana, HK-55, and the other new companions? If so, do you know what archive they're in?
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

SquigglyV wrote:Ok I was wrong. Stuff extracted with offzip doesn't play well with the .gr2 plugin i'm using in noesis, the extracted files are strangely named, and I cannot for the life of me get any textures matched to their models.
You shouldn't be having problems opening gr2 files, i tested those files myself with swtor miner and vindis plugin.
The textures aren't going to show up in Noesis 100% of the time even if the path is set right in the config file and the textures won't show up if using vindis plugin if they are not in the same folder as the gr2 file, and even still some may not show up because of how the devs named them.
The files extracted with offzip bypass the hash name algorithm and are named by the position it was stored in the tor file. That is just how it is when using this method of extraction.
I still don't understand how you can extract everything from tor files with EasyMYP except for gr2 files. Are you using an old version of it or something?

try the one linked here
viewtopic.php?p=99890#p99890

vindis gr2 plugin
viewtopic.php?p=83383#p83383

swtor miner gr2 plugin
viewtopic.php?p=94880#p94880