Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
abcdefh
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by abcdefh »

sf234 wrote: Actually I know about this version which originated here: http://nasu.bbspink.com/test/read.cgi/p ... 803453/351. It have similar functionality for adding textures to TMC/TMCL and also allows delete textures (which I didn't implement since it makes little practical sense). Code for saving TMC/TMCL is completely different from my version. I didn't bother to read it completely - it's complicated and uses different concept.
On a side note, it would be good practice to rename the fork version. Like Doutoku/道徳 did when he added "日本語版" to the title of his DLC Tool fork.
I'm sorry in automatic translation.
It is the thing which created the texture tool.
Sorry would be arbitrarily raise the version.
That here was modification I want to be specified properly.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

abcdefh
No problem. (:
cnm123
ultra-n00b

Post by cnm123 »

sf234 wrote:Archive Tool 1.1:
viewtopic.php?p=111428#p111428

cnm123
Kokoro's slot 27 is used in Wakaki Costume Set (403062). Try different slot, e.g. something within 31-39 range.

To be precise I removed all the others DLC from doa5lr before copying my own dlc

pakage to the folder ,and then crashed with an endless loading.It only happens

with the version 1.0 of DLC tool.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

cnm123
If it works with DLC Tool 0.9.1 then, most likely, your game is not updated to the version 1.04.
sf234 wrote:Updated DLC Tool.
  • dlc5lr.dat updated to match 1.04 version of the game
sf234 wrote:If you want to stay on 1.02 then just use old dlc5lr.dat.
arch3r
ultra-n00b

Post by arch3r »

i have no idea why tecmo not set the hairstyle and glass to be random when we select random costume or random character at character selection screen
when i choose "random" (random character or random costume) at character selection screen, it seems that the hairstyle is always the first hairstyle which we set in DLC tool
i have no idea how to make the hair appears random,except this method :setting different hairstyle in the first hairslot (dlc tool)
for example the hairstyle available for character are 1,2,3,4,5 , i set in dlc tool
slot 22 : hair 1,2,3,4,5
slot 23 : hair 2,1,3,4,5
slot 24 : hair 3,2,1,4,5
and so on
but it will cause messy and it takes more time to select the hairstyle that we want in game

please tell me if you know any other way to set hairstyle to random
Thanks
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Texture Tool 1.3:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools

Changes:
  • TNF/TNFL files now can be opened.
  • TMC files changed with old versions of "TMC Polygon Tool (/Insert Tool)" now should be saved correctly.
  • Textures now can be inserted in H/HL files.
Costumes that have additional textures (H/HL files) require additional steps to work properly after adding textures:
  • Open H file in a hex editor and look at the offset 0x34. Here should be offset of the textures table (stored in little-endian format). Navigate to this offset, or just scroll down until you see bunch of "FF"'s.
  • Each four bytes in this table refers to the texture in the TMC file. First four bytes sets the texture with "AbsID" 0, second four bytes sets the texture with "AbsID" 1, etc. "FF FF FF FF" means that texture doesn't have alternatives in this H/HL file. A number refers to the "AbsID" of alternative texture inside the H/HL file.
  • If texture was added to the TMC file then all of H files needs to be edited. Set "FF FF FF FF" for the added texture or alternative texture with "AbsID" 0 will be used instead.
  • If texture was added to the H file then don't forget to change target texture's bytes from "FF FF FF FF" to the "AbsID" of the added texture.
Illustration: http://www.mediafire.com/view/07os7rzjh6jafi8/h.png. In this example new skin texture ("AbsID" 20) was added in the AYANE_COS_002.TMC, also new alternative texture for the dress ("AbsID 3") was added in the AYANE_COS_002_001.--H.
Note that only female characters can have alternative textures. Also, preview at the character selection screen doesn't show changes for the selected "Detail" (H/HL file).

arch3r
If this wasn't implemented in the game's code it's unlikely that we can do anything at all. Theoretically, memory editing can help (e.g. with "Cheat Engine").
bryciekai
ultra-n00b

Post by bryciekai »

can somebody reply with links to most of the tools. Im especially looking for mot files, and any other filetypes for doa that you guys can find.
Amaso
ultra-n00b

Post by Amaso »

sf234 wrote:Texture Tool 1.3:

Changes:
  • TMC files changed with old versions of "TMC Polygon Tool (/Insert Tool)" now should be saved correctly.
Costumes that have additional textures (H/HL files) require additional steps to work properly after adding textures:
  • Open H file in a hex editor and look at the offset 0x34. Here should be offset of the textures table (stored in little-endian format). Navigate to this offset, or just scroll down until you see bunch of "FF"'s.
  • Each four bytes in this table refers to the texture in the TMC file. First four bytes sets the texture with "AbsID" 0, second four bytes sets the texture with "AbsID" 1, etc. "FF FF FF FF" means that texture doesn't have alternatives in this H/HL file. A number refers to the "AbsID" of alternative texture inside the H/HL file.
  • If texture was added to the TMC file then all of H files needs to be edited. Set "FF FF FF FF" for the added texture or alternative texture with "AbsID" 0 will be used instead.
  • If texture was added to the H file then don't forget to change target texture's bytes from "FF FF FF FF" to the "AbsID" of the added texture.
Illustration: http://www.mediafire.com/view/07os7rzjh6jafi8/h.png. In this example new skin texture ("AbsID" 20) was added in the AYANE_COS_002.TMC, also new alternative texture for the dress ("AbsID 3") was added in the AYANE_COS_002_001.--H.
Note that only female characters can have alternative textures. Also, preview at the character selection screen doesn't show changes for the selected "Detail" (H/HL file).

arch3r
If this wasn't implemented in the game's code it's unlikely that we can do anything at all. Theoretically, memory editing can help (e.g. with "Cheat Engine").

Although It can open TNF/TNFL files,
They can only be opened through Drag & Drop
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Changes:

arch3r
Thanks for the update :) what are tnf/tnfl files btw? don't recall coming across those files before.
Amaso
ultra-n00b

Post by Amaso »

bbbmods wrote:

Changes:

arch3r
Thanks for the update :) what are tnf/tnfl files btw? don't recall coming across those files before.
You can say TNF/TNFL files are Font files
They contain Textures for Characters (Letters and numbers) , they can be found in common.bin .

Also scn and spr files can be opened now
I have no idea what the scn files are , but spr files contain things related to UI like words in the menus, backgrounds , etc .
arch3r
ultra-n00b

Post by arch3r »

Thank you very much sf234
Amaso
ultra-n00b

Post by Amaso »

@sf234
When I swap KASUMI_DLC_011 (The training suit) nothing changes , I checked all the patch_xx_catalog.bin files but it's not there.
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Amaso wrote:@sf234
When I swap KASUMI_DLC_011 (The training suit) nothing changes , I checked all the patch_xx_catalog.bin files but it's not there.
there are 2, one is the training dummy, one is the normal one. you might be swapping with the training dummy by mistake. try swapping kasumi COS_008 instead

@sf234-

just tested out the new texture tool, with the hex editing and it solves my previous issue, thanks :)

@protocolx27 -

finally got around to using MeshReactorDual.py and managed to successfully duplicate a slot :) but I seem to be having an issue. I can only manage to duplicate 1 slot from each group (example. MILA_DLCU_016.TMC had wgt_body_0 and 1, and WGT_shouts_0 and 1. I and able to create wgt_body_2 and wgt_shouts_2, but when creating wgt_body_3 and wgt_shouts_3, both noesis and in game crashes)

edit -

seems it was a problem with that particular costume. tried again with leifang_dlcu_001 and it did not have this problem. although that one had an issue with being unable to delete the cloned mesh, but this was easily solved by deleting the source mesh before cloning, then reinserting it back :)
Last edited by bbbmods on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amaso
ultra-n00b

Post by Amaso »

bbbmods wrote:
Amaso wrote:@sf234
there are 2, one is the training dummy, one is the normal one. you might be swapping with the training dummy by mistake. try swapping kasumi COS_008 instead
Thank you , it works now.
Apparently KASUMI_DLC_011 is not used for anything...
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Since it looks like jumping on the WPF bandwagon can take indefinite amount of time here's a partial update.
DLC Tool 1.1:

Changes:
  • "file5lr.dat" is now used as DB. It's same file that is used by Archive Tool. This allows to make DLC for different game versions (by using Archive Tool's "Update DB" function).
  • Compression now should be safe to use (enabled by default).
Note: if you have "Ionic.Zlib.dll" or "dlc5lr.dat" (from last release) you can delete it.