Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Evolve (.PAK)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
The009
ultra-n00b

Re: Evolve (.PAK)

Post by The009 »

So going over this I got totally lost, if anyone is willing to pm me with a bit more info on getting this going or even updating the post with a bit clearer instructions that would be amazing.
michalss

Post by michalss »

SMT i dont get it ppl already have a key and decryptor, why someone cannot put it in here?! Personally dont need it but i simple dont get it...
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
lumekano
advanced

Post by lumekano »

Some Guys Seriously :| ....

Whatever, Here Link :

warez links is not allowed here! You posted whole game..

And Have Fun :] .
UnKnown
lumekano
advanced

Post by lumekano »

warez links is not allowed here! You posted whole game..

Lol This is Not Games Really , All I Upload Mega File is a 3ds Model And To Big For The Size 6.8GB . I Know The rules And Don,t Worry :P .
UnKnown
FoxSingle
ultra-n00b

Post by FoxSingle »

lumekano wrote:warez links is not allowed here! You posted whole game..

Lol This is Not Games Really , All I Upload Mega File is a 3ds Model And To Big For The Size 6.8GB . I Know The rules And Don,t Worry :P .

Maybe you have to re-write the link?
lumekano
advanced

Post by lumekano »

FoxSingle wrote:
lumekano wrote:warez links is not allowed here! You posted whole game..

Maybe you have to re-write the link?
U Should Ask Permission To Admins much as you can...
UnKnown
michalss

Post by michalss »

Scripts and other tools is not a problem, but extracted models in 6.8Gb of size could lead to copyright issues. Over PM that is completely OK.
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
FoxSingle
ultra-n00b

Post by FoxSingle »

michalss wrote:Scripts and other tools is not a problem, but extracted models in 6.8Gb of size could lead to copyright issues. Over PM that is completely OK.
Can you give a link only decryptor? I find it difficult to download as many GB, I'll unpack)
FoxSingle
ultra-n00b

Post by FoxSingle »

michalss wrote:Scripts and other tools is not a problem, but extracted models in 6.8Gb of size could lead to copyright issues. Over PM that is completely OK.
so what?
quill
ultra-n00b

Post by quill »

dear gentlemen,
Is there someone who can help me in decrypted the xml files present in the pc game Ryse son of rome? I am only a poor graphic and totally noob in coding:):)
it will be very very helpfull and i assure that is for education only. thanks
EinarTheRed
ultra-n00b

Post by EinarTheRed »

Did we get any progress with this? Someone have a .exe file they can/have posted to successfully unpacks the stuff?
MusicMantis
ultra-n00b

Post by MusicMantis »

The method described earlier works rather well. If you're not as proficient in this field then there are a couple of shortcuts you can take. I'll try to consolidate it all into this one post for convenience, but none of this is my thinking, it's all from the rest of this topic so far (specifically, this is me trying to write a very user-friendly version of cra0's already-thorough explanation).

First, you'll need the modified .pak decrypter. volfin posted it on the second page of this thread, I believe. It'll decrypt the .pak files but needs the encryption key first. To do all this, you'll also need a working copy of the game, a hex editor and this (get the multi-platform, recommended one):
http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

1) Run the game exe. I did this with the release exe.
2) Alt tab out of it and run NTCore's Explorer Suite.
3) Find the evolve process in Explorer Suite. Right click, hit "Dump PE". You can now close the game and this program.
4) Open the dump in a hex editor and search for hex values (in HxD that's Search > Find > Data Type set to Hex-Values)
5) Search for 3081890281. There are multiple keys in the file, but this is how they all begin. I've found it's the second one that allows you to unpack the .pak files.
6) When you've found a value copy it from the start of the text you searched for 140 bytes. The length of the selection in HxD is 8C.
7) Open RSAKeyData.bin in your hex editor and paste the data. Double check the file size is 140 bytes.

If everything went well, dragging and dropping a .pak file onto PakDecrypt will result in a command window popping up. If it disappears instantly then your key was either too long, too short or didn't start at the right place. If the window pops up, you've correctly found a key. The decrypter will produce a .zip file in the same directory as the source and it'll be roughly the same size. 7zip and WinRAR should both open it. If you've got this file but those programs cannot open it, then you've used the wrong key. Go back to the 5th step and search again but this time use a different key. There are several in the file as previously mentioned.

Hopefully this explanation helps a few of the people who didn't quite get it still and thank you to those who actually did the heavy lifting here.
Shockwave98
ultra-n00b

Post by Shockwave98 »

Hello, i literally registered here to join this Thread lol - anyways.
I've got so far that i've found 2 Keys in the Evolve Dump - but they both give me files that i cannot unzip with anything, both Keys arent working for me.
They are both 8C long so i'm kinda lost as to what i did wrong.

Would gladly appreciate any help c:
Last edited by Shockwave98 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dss539
ultra-n00b

Post by dss539 »

Turtle Rock seems to have changed some things with the free to play release.
Shockwave98
ultra-n00b

Post by Shockwave98 »

dss539 wrote:Turtle Rock seems to have changed some things with the free to play release.

Could it possibly just be a new Key for the .pak files ? I still dont understand where the whole 3081890281 story comes from :I