Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite 2 sound extraction research

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Frostbite 2 sound extraction research

Post by daemon1 »

Vosvoy wrote:script works with BF3OpenBeta. Thanks mate.
Good. Was it extracted before?

Also note that i forgot about this line in the script:

Code: Select all

if not "sound/" in entry.elems["name"].content: continue
So it only extracts .ebx files that have "sound" in its name. If you need to extract all, just remove it.
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

daemon1 wrote:Good. Was it extracted before?
Yes, the old script worked with the BF3OpenBeta. The one provided by OrangeC didn't work I think because it was specially made for BF4 and BFH.

I also noticed that you added the mpeg library to the process. Why is that?
Vosvoy
durandal217
veteran

Post by durandal217 »

Sorry to bump but I'm having a hard time getting the dumper script to dump the chunk data from the Battlefront alpha can somebody have a look and see if the script can extract the data from the alpha?

I keep getting

Code: Select all

Unpatched cat not found.
Patched cat not found.
>>> 
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

you should change folder names in the script
durandal217
veteran

Post by durandal217 »

I hate doing this to you but i'm not following. Can you give me an example? by changing folder names in the script are we talking throughout the script or only the directories?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

yes i mean directories in the beginning. It's also possible that this script just doesn't work with this alpha.
durandal217
veteran

Post by durandal217 »

I changed the directories and am still getting the same message.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Are there any .toc files in game? The script work is all based on these TOC files. It seems they changed something in this new engine version. But i've heard some people already working with it, so maybe soon they can extract sounds too. At least I checked CAS files and they contain the same old good XAS sounds.
wantafanta
ultra-n00b

Post by wantafanta »

thanks to the creator of the new bf3 dumper! this needs to be shared in its own thread or something because i spent a very long time looking for this (started looking right after the bfeditor forums went down, never grabbed it while i had the chance) and im sure it'd save others alot of time searching.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

wantafanta wrote:thanks to the creator of the new bf3 dumper! this needs to be shared in its own thread or something because i spent a very long time looking for this (started looking right after the bfeditor forums went down, never grabbed it while i had the chance) and im sure it'd save others alot of time searching.
yeah, i was going to put that all together and publish. Too many scripts, too many options.
kilik
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by kilik »

Someone get tuts please i'am little lost
look easy just bad path directory
or somethink's like that's looking
for only sound
wantafanta
ultra-n00b

Post by wantafanta »

daemon1 wrote:
wantafanta wrote:thanks to the creator of the new bf3 dumper! this needs to be shared in its own thread or something because i spent a very long time looking for this (started looking right after the bfeditor forums went down, never grabbed it while i had the chance) and im sure it'd save others alot of time searching.
yeah, i was going to put that all together and publish. Too many scripts, too many options.
hmm do you have the BC2 scripts? i cant seem to be able to get the MG3 normal maps no matter what i do... i dont even know where the files are at inside the game directory i assume the async/weapons/ folder but there is more than one MG3 and they dont have textures stored there(im using the BC2Mod tools v3 so i dont know if its actually working or if i have some other issue but this has been a huge issue i havent been able to solve
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

wantafanta wrote:hmm do you have the BC2 scripts?
I don't know what is BC2, but on my experience textures sometimes can have rather unexpected names or locations.
oliie23
ultra-n00b

Post by oliie23 »

wantafanta wrote:
daemon1 wrote:
hmm do you have the BC2 scripts? i cant seem to be able to get the MG3 normal maps no matter what i do... i dont even know where the files are at inside the game directory i assume the async/weapons/ folder but there is more than one MG3 and they dont have textures stored there(im using the BC2Mod tools v3 so i dont know if its actually working or if i have some other issue but this has been a huge issue i havent been able to solve
Hey, for what it's worth, if you're still looking, I have the BC1 script, which should work for BC2. I can't really provide you with a lot of instructions because I used it a long time ago, but you'll have to use the .bat files and probably slightly edit them (directories, which header to add and maybe some other stuff). From what I remember, you'll have to run it at least twice to get both mono and stereo files. Also, note that files like the gunshots actually have 3 audio files inside them - the start, the loop, the end (that's how gunshots worked in BC) so you will have to extract those at least three times, each time adding a header in a different place. The tools I attached have a few different addheaders you might try but I'm not too sure which ones of them will work so there'll be a lot of trial and error.

Also, very important, for some reason this script will only work with the XBOX360 version of the game and, at least back in the day, there was no single script that'd work with the PC version.
The BC1 script is on GDrive since it's too big for the forum https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-q_S ... UpJUzVQSVk

And if anyone's still interested, this is the BF3 script https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-q_S ... FdWZXJ0LXM - it'll work with PC version btw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kilik
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by kilik »

got this message someone can help please

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "H:\bt\bf3_extractor\dumper.py", line 354, in <module>
cat=Cat(catName)
File "H:\bt\bf3_extractor\dumper.py", line 119, in __init__
cat2=open(catname,"rb")
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'H:\\install\\DaI\\Data\\Data\\cas.cat'