Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars-Kinect (X360)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Star Wars-Kinect (X360)

Post by Acewell »

durandal217 wrote:You use XBdecompress to uncompress the POD file then use the .pod bms script to unpack the contents. Then you use Xmash to extract the XMA stream from the BNK container and use towav to convert from xma to wav.
xb2pkgsnd.POD has no Xbox compression. Alpha23's POD script extracts the bnk files perfectly, but this is where the trail ends for me. Xmash 0.8 only extracts a bunch of bin files of which only 1 is said to be a successful WWise, even this file is no good and will not convert with towav. I tried bnkextr with the /swap switch and it produced a bunch of wav files identical to the bin files extracted by Xmash. What is the correct way to convert the bnk files to something playable?
durandal217
veteran

Post by durandal217 »

it's been awhile since I extracted the sounds, if those two didn't work, just take the .bnk and drag and drop it into ToWav it should convert it, it wasn't really difficult.

If that doesn't do it than use Alpha 23's XMA script.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

Ok thanks, this works
extract the bnk files from the .POD file with Alph23's POD archive extractor
use Xmash to extract bin files from the bnk files*
use Alpha23's XMA transform script on the bin files
convert the xma files to wav with ToWav

*You could also use bnkextr with the /swap switch to extract files from the bnk files, they will just be wav instead of bin.

POD archive extractor
Xmash / bnkextr
XMA transform
ToWav