Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
NebulaUK
n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by NebulaUK »

are there any existing xbox 360 mods for DOA5LR if so where can i find them?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

NebulaUK wrote:are there any existing xbox 360 mods for DOA5LR if so where can i find them?
That's what I was saying, that there are not any major resources for 360 mods, at least with this community. You'd have to try 360iso or something. Unless someone PM's you with some crazy resource, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm working on getting some DLC stuff prepped for testing. For some reason the startup_setting.exe does not seem to run, so I can't mess with any of the config settings. Anyone have any issues or insight into that?

I also got the coordinate snapper working, I just need to clean up the code and do an actual test. Should be able to have it up over the weekend.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

NebulaUK wrote:are there any existing xbox 360 mods for DOA5LR if so where can i find them?
You can find it on pro's usb drive lol, kidding kidding. :D

Pro,
for the config google "dead or alive last round fix bat"
NebulaUK
n00b

Post by NebulaUK »

Thanks for having a look into this
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Lilstormcloud wrote: Pro,
for the config google "dead or alive last round fix bat"
Thanks, that did the trick! Now if only I didn't have to unlock stuff again for the bajillionth time XD
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

sf234 wrote:Updated Texture Tool, save now works for --h/--p files. Tmc files with textures now opens correctly, as for save, there seems to be some kind of limit either on subsection (TTDM) size or on whole size of character's tmc file. Model with ~5Mb of textures in tmc works fine, with ~6Mb game crashes. There is an idea to convert such models (for using only tmcl textures).
http://rghost.net/private/7gLDNKRql/6dc ... 03ef1ea696
I caught that quite late, but this means that entire texture limit for a single TMC is 5MB? That's quite poor lol.
This throws high res retextures out of the window basically.

Also i have another question about DLC tool.
I've been tinkering about face/hair options. Indexes from 0-9 work fine, but after that the DLC tool only accepts inputs like 23, 34, 45 and so on.
I don't quite get the logic behind this index and i'm just trying blindly, also using indexes above 100 will load actual head meshes for hair.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Ok, as promised: MeshWarp. It's still a bit hands on and requires ripping the verts from 360 & PC containers manually for each group, but it does work stand alone. I've tested it with a model having multiple mesh objects adjusted even of different buffer length. I included a read me this time. Use the int value of the vertex buffer & divide by 4, for the buffer length values.

It looks like buffer lengths have been changed differently based on the vertex group. I still haven't worked on a 32 yet, but 28,40,44's all have different buffer lengths.

360(int)/360(hex) -> PC(int)/PC(hex)

28/1C -> 36/24
40/28 -> 60/3C
44/2C -> 64/40

Edit: Resolved DLC Tool / BLP Issues, was missing PC updates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Protocol X27 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vashey
advanced

Post by Vashey »

Thanks, sounds useful.
How do I run it exactly? I tried with python but it doesn't work, same with noesis.

As for chara_common, I have no problem opening it with archivarius 1.8.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

Vashey wrote:Thanks, sounds useful.
How do I run it exactly? I tried with python but it doesn't work, same with noesis.

As for chara_common, I have no problem opening it with archivarius 1.8.
open it in IDLE python GUI

Pro,
Think you're referring to the second to last post. viewtopic.php?p=104985#p104985
It says it requires cracked .ini
NebulaUK
n00b

Post by NebulaUK »

Protocol X27 wrote:Ok, as promised: MeshWarp. It's still a bit hands on and requires ripping the verts from 360 & PC containers manually for each group, but it does work stand alone. I've tested it with a model having multiple mesh objects adjusted even of different buffer length. I included a read me this time. Use the int value of the vertex buffer & divide by 4, for the buffer length values.

It looks like buffer lengths have been changed differently based on the vertex group. I still haven't worked on a 32 yet, but 28,40,44's all have different buffer lengths.

360(int)/360(hex) -> PC(int)/PC(hex)

28/1C -> 36/24
40/28 -> 60/3C
44/2C -> 64/40

While working on some stuff a few questions popped up about the utils. Hopefully someone can point me in the direction.

Archivarius PC
1) chara_common did not want to open... anything... Am I missing an update?
2) Tropical DLC blp did not extract one of the TMC's correctly. Nyotengu White Swimsuit

BLP Converter
1) Does not read Tropical DLC blp, is there any update needed for it to read PC files?
can this convert pc to 360 as well.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Vashey wrote:Thanks, sounds useful.
Yep, LSC explained how to use the actual file. If you mean how to get the data though, that's a bit more involved with finding vertices in hex and saving them into text files. Feel free to ask specifics if your still learning that.
Lilstormcloud wrote:Thanks, sounds useful.
Pro,
Think you're referring to the second to last post. viewtopic.php?p=104985#p104985
It says it requires cracked .ini
Thanks, looked like I missed that one too. :-P I thought I had one more recent than that, but looks like its working. Does the swapping work with the core stuff, or is it still an issue with the game.exe that causes the game to crash?
NebulaUK wrote: can this convert pc to 360 as well.
No, isn't much advantage right now without having without the ability to edit PC vertices. If that means happens, it might be easy to adjust it to do so later.
zareef
ultra-n00b

Post by zareef »

Would anyone be so kind and tell me where to find "blp converter" (for Xbox 360 not PC) ?
I can't find it.. and searching the forum doesn't help..
MisterNatal
advanced

Post by MisterNatal »

Does anyone know what page I can find the new importers for 3ds max? because I would love to port some outfits but cannot
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

zareef wrote:Would anyone be so kind and tell me where to find "blp converter" (for Xbox 360 not PC) ?
I can't find it.. and searching the forum doesn't help..
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6392&start=1215

One of the last posts.
MisterNatal wrote:Does anyone know what page I can find the new importers for 3ds max? because I would love to port some outfits but cannot
I don't think there are any new importers yet. marios unpacker/repacker is within the last 10 pages, I think.
MarieRose1301
veteran

Post by MarieRose1301 »

Has anyone updated the x360 archivarius dat?
For some reason,it decrypted only Lisa,Christie and Tina to me :/