Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Protocol X27 »

tcl36478655 wrote:
OTL...Help!!!
I opened a txt file. Paste 00000100. Named it 123.txt. Then opened IndexShifter.py. Set fileName = '123.txt' ? Set hexByteShiftValue = 2 or 8??? I'm confused...
Yep, any file name .txt is fine.
ShiftValue is the number to add or lower. When inserting a mesh, remaining indices needed to increased. So if indices needed to be increased by AB, for example, put the int equivalent there.
tcl36478655 wrote: Seems it's PC version?
yes, for now.
tcl36478655 wrote: elif(nodeObjLength[0] == 112):
structFormat = 'cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc'
nameLength = 48
Should '112' to be '192'? or just PC version must be 112? I just modified it for xbox version and noticed that.
I didn't know the proper way to write that, but in case there were bone names that were 3 lines long, I added that. Since it applies to bone name length, it should be the same for the console. Let me double check that though when I'm back home. I can't recall at the moment.

Edit:
Okay, on the last one I got confused, cuz I was thinking about the Index Shifter. For the Bone Node Ripper, you shouldn't have to change anything for the console other than the face they're still in PC format for the lengths and stuff. For the 'if' statements, I read the whole Bone Node block, most of them are 0x50 in length (80.) I added the 96 & 112 as int lengths for longer blocks. The bone node name is always at the end, so I wanted to make sure I got the full name. Most bone nodes I've seen though are only two lines (0x32) in length though.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Updated Texture Tool, save now works for --h/--p files. Tmc files with textures now opens correctly, as for save, there seems to be some kind of limit either on subsection (TTDM) size or on whole size of character's tmc file. Model with ~5Mb of textures in tmc works fine, with ~6Mb game crashes. There is an idea to convert such models (for using only tmcl textures).
http://rghost.net/private/7gLDNKRql/6dc ... 03ef1ea696
Vashey
advanced

Post by Vashey »

Edit: forget it
Last edited by Vashey on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

Can we extract the non-DLC tmcs from the regular costumes? If so, can anyone help me?

Thanks!
Vashey
advanced

Post by Vashey »

If you mean the default costumes then all you need to do is use archivarius script and extract from chara_common.bin in your game's folder.
remember that this file doesn't have the -P files, use any -P you want from another dlc costume
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

I apologize for my ignorance here, but i'm totally alien to DOA engine as DOA 5 on PC is my first DOA game.
Can someone kind of write up what needs to be done in order to extract, edit and then repack vanilla costume texture in a kind of systematized way?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

SkacikPL wrote:I apologize for my ignorance here, but i'm totally alien to DOA engine as DOA 5 on PC is my first DOA game.
Can someone kind of write up what needs to be done in order to extract, edit and then repack vanilla costume texture in a kind of systematized way?
There is no master tutorial at the moment, since doing basic mods still consists of using a few different utils. A lot of the regulars have been working with it since Vanilla, so there isn't really a simple jumping in point. The best thing to do is starting playing around with the utilities to get an understanding and then start honing down questions to be more specific until someone comes along with a more elaborate tutorial.

For starters: Archivarius is used to unpack .bin files which can hold costume or stage tmc & tmcl files. .bin files exist inside the core game files (like chara_common.bin) or inside DLC folders. Those can be modified and then injected back into game, but at the moment I think we are still limited to using DLC containers. In that case, you'll need to use a DLC tool to pack a new dlc package. There is instructions for this in one of sf234's recent posts.

For now tmc/tmcl files can only have images edited, or be modified manually via hex. There is very little automation just yet.

And just a general message for anyone new to modding DOA. It will take some patience. People are still working on solving problems. It's a community effort. :)
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

If you just want to edit textures then easiest way is probably just umod lol

Its so true though, where do you even begin to explain to people the processes involved now days?
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

Lilstormcloud wrote:If you just want to edit textures then easiest way is probably just umod lol
Umod is a poor choice, it's a pain to use, does not seem to work with fullscreen and it increases load times significantly, and it only goes longer with each texture you replace.
That's why i asked whether a proper solution is available, where we could replace textures inside the archives.

Mass Effect 2 with Texmod replacements for the main cast caused it to boot for solid 2 to 3 minutes depending on your rig.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

Use the texture tool release here.
1 click to extract 2 clicks to inject back in once you mod it in photoshop

Use the tool to open a tmc with the tmcl also in the folder.
select the desired texture from list. right click, extract.

or just select extract all.
Note the path that the extraction is saved to at the top.

modify the texture.

right click the texture to be replaced, select swap.

Press save (probably)

view results in noesis

you should be able to find the tool floating around on other sites too.
NebulaUK
n00b

Post by NebulaUK »

is it possible to use the models from dead or alive 5 last round on the xbox 360 version with some sort of conversion if so how do i do it.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

Kind of pointless since they're the same models more or less.
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

All right I'll tell you the answer.

Think about that you picked a pair of models, which they are looking exactly same, one from xbox, another from PC.
Then they have vertex information in exactly same order with a little bit of tweak.
That's the key point. :harry
NebulaUK
n00b

Post by NebulaUK »

thanks for the replies but what is the process from taking the model mods from the pc version to using them on the xbox 360 as i am a noob to all this.
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

find the address, get the data, do some tweak, put back into another file.
that's all.