Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Baal
n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Baal »

@Lilstormcloud : Yeah the soft engine is a physic engine that appli a more realistic effect of gravity and juggling on women chest and males muscles. It behave more like a real chest and not like an airbag. This also imply "deformation" due to the position of the character (cf Nyo lose pose).
IMO it's pretty well done
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

Soft engine is about better SSS and another jiggle physics.
it's not technical naming, it's a some sort of advertising and you don't need to think about that deeply.
new index system is really annoying.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Tool for work with textures (inspired by b0ny's tecmo360texturesExtractor). Drag and drop supported for Open/Swap routines. List's elements have context menu.
Supported formats (+necessary second file): .TMC (.TMCL); .--H (.--HL); .--P; .SPR (.LTF); .SCN (.TTGL). Saving container back (with changed textures) for now works only for TMC/TMCL.
viewtopic.php?p=105328#p105328
Note: tmcl file have weird alignment (seems to switch between 64/32 bytes), save routine uses only 64byte alignment (which seems to work fine).
mariokart64n wrote:can someone give a quick run through of how I can unpack the DLC, replace a costume with a NEW costumes from the DATA folder. then repack it into my DLC.
Open DLC Tool. Click New. Select path (must be in <installed game>\DLC\ folder) and file name (e.g. "123" or "25897"). Click Add under Characters section, select target character. Change costume slot number (safe values for now 32 - 39 for main female cast, 5-14 for Sarah/Pai, 5-9 for male cast). Click Add under Files section and select neccessary files (minimum: *.---c, *.--p, *.tmc, *.tmcl = 4 files). Click Save.
Now, if you have cracked steam_api.dll (+steam_api.ini) from any available crack, open steam_api.ini and add new DLC*=<created dlc name> entry (e.g. DLC005=123 or DLC001=25897). When you start game new costume will appear in target character's costume list (most likely at the end of the list).
For non-cracked version you can switch any time to cracked one (and back) just by replacing steam_api.dll in the game folder (then start game without steam). Also, if you have at least one legally bought DLC you can try to create new DLC with it's name (don't forget to backup original files). Note, I didn't test both of these methods.
amandabyyy wrote:Like if there is research on given files that describes certain bytes (say toggle how a material behaves, enabling/disabling a mesh) in the file that I can toggle via hex editing.
For xbox360 version there is this link (from mariokart64n's signature): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... XNTYzlXaUE
Last edited by sf234 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esppiral
n00b

Post by Esppiral »

Darko wrote:
MisterNatal wrote:
Esppiral wrote:Ninja ripper works flawlessly with the game

:ninja:
Is there a plugin for 3ds max 2012?
He used ninja ripper, not a maxscript.
Well, you need a maxscript in order to import ninja ripper dumps.

I thought he was asking for this.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

There's also a noesis script.
kokuto
ultra-n00b

Post by kokuto »

HITOMI_COS_002(PC edition) has 18 textures.
9 are in TMC, and 9 are in TMCL.
Ref Numb is related in TTDH ('00' flag: in TMC, '01' flag: in TMCL).
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

sf234 wrote:Tool for work with textures (inspired by b0ny's tecmo360texturesExtractor). Drag and drop supported for Open/Swap routines. List's elements have context menu.
Supported formats (+necessary second file): .TMC (.TMCL); .--H (.--HL); .--P; .SPR (.LTF); .SCN (.TTGL). Saving container back (with changed textures) for now works only for TMC/TMCL.
http://ryushare.com/2o84to78zcn6/Texture_Tool.7z
The link to the tools seem to be down. Could you attach them to a post?

Thanks for everything!
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

@LSC, just to elaborate on what was already explained. It's 2 parts. 1) part Sub surface scattering for skin 2) part improved animation physics for boobs. Both parts appear missing from PC unless the extra vert data Ros mentioned somehow applies.

Awesome, stuff @All! Going to actually take me a bit to catch up on all the resources available. :D

Here's my next step in the chain for cross costume vertex adjustments. Bone Node Ripper. Again, not useful by itself unless someone wants to use the data. It automates ripping the bone nodes and provides additional info other than the raw hex. It outputs to a txt with the following info:
bone index(int)| bone name| bone name(hex string)| node offset in nodeLay (int)| node offset in nodeLay (hex, big(?) endian)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ny93m ... Ripper.zip

Edit:
Did some tinkering. Updated Archivarius & Noesis plugin worked. Re: mario's repacker. Looks like it worked, but is there anything that can be done with it yet, or is it still early?
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

There are missing faces under the cover on every honoka's body as I expected. :?
Reverse Endian.zip
added 2 bytes mode
idxlay cannot be converted just by reversing.

@sf234
holy!! resolution free?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Fixed Noesis plugin (models with textures in tmc now handled properly). There is still rare bug when material incorrectly flagged as transparent.
viewtopic.php?p=105194#p105194
amandabyyy wrote:The link to the tools seem to be down. Could you attach them to a post?
I tried to do it in the first place but forum's limit for attached files is 256kb. Link works fine for me.
Rosalin wrote:holy!! resolution free?
Well, it looks, for me, that there aren't any limits on texture sizes. Tmc textures handling will be implemented in the next update.
Last edited by sf234 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikulover39
advanced

Post by mikulover39 »

Thanks a lot sf234 for the noesis script and texture extractor!! tho the new noesis script seems to be giving errors on face tmcs

Found the alternate hairs and added them to the .dat some are in chara_common, Kasumi's and Ayane's are in chara_initial

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

mikulover39 wrote:Thanks a lot sf234 for the noesis script and texture extractor!! tho the new noesis script seems to be giving errors on face tmcs
Fixed.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Next step is done. Added a script that will shift 'Index' values (from IdxLay) by a specified value. This one is useable by itself, but it is currently made for PC format. It will flip all values to big endian, add/subtract the value, and then reset them to little endian. It may be annoying that I have two script files, but I'm starting to build up a utility script for frequent operations. Input format is a text file. Paste the desired block of hex from the hex editor (with spaces) into a blank txt then make sure to identify that name at the start of the script along with the offset/shift value. I also made sure to ignore 'FF FF' values.

The utils script function can take a byte array and reverse it based on any interval and even return a byte array with the values grouped by the interval if desired. Ros, you might be interested in this since you re-did some of the flipping processes. Hope I didn't step on any toes by working on something similar to what you've been doing.

Side Notes
(If I understand correctly)
Console: Big Endian
PC: Little Endian
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

I found SSS stuffs in mtrcol section and modified it.
SSS color and depth could be changed but,....

the quality looked never like the PS4 version.. whatever I tried.
I just was able to change the SSS color and depth(brightness) literally.. :(

for now, what's most wanted is senran kagura DLC.
I neeeed neeew haaaairs.
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

Rosalin wrote:I found SSS stuffs in mtrcol section and modified it.
SSS color and depth could be changed but,....

the quality looked never like the PS4 version.. whatever I tried.
I just was able to change the SSS color and depth(brightness) literally.. :(
Could you possibly make a few screenshots of those changes?