Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil HD REMASTER [PS3]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Kaltan
n00b

Resident Evil HD REMASTER [PS3]

Post by Kaltan »

Help extract the files from the archive of the ARC, the head 16 bytes SFH, corrupted files are extracted.
http://rghost.ru/59485530
nameless32
ultra-n00b

Re: Resident Evil HD REMASTER [PS3]

Post by nameless32 »

Kaltan wrote:Help extract the files from the archive of the ARC, the head 16 bytes SFH, corrupted files are extracted.
http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool.rar

can extract, but no reimport/repack yet...
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

My tool doesn't correctly extract REmaster PS3 files. I thought I got it working, but most files end up corrupt. The ARC format is the same as in previous MT Framework games, but they've added this SFH header. The header lists the full size of the ARC file at 0x08, but there seems to be padding/data between certain files within the ARC container. I haven't been able to figure out the pattern of how it works.
Last edited by Sectus on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltan
n00b

Post by Kaltan »

nameless32 wrote:
Kaltan wrote:Help extract the files from the archive of the ARC, the head 16 bytes SFH, corrupted files are extracted.
http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool.rar

can extract, but no reimport/repack yet...
Retrieves, but at the end of halyards damaged and texture TEX. Incomprehensible SFH 16-byte header + 16 bytes at the end.
Kaltan
n00b

Post by Kaltan »

Sectus wrote:My tool doesn't correctly extract REmaster PS3 files. I thought I got it working, but most files end up corrupt. The ARC format is the same as in previous MT Framework games, but they've added this SFH header. The header lists the full size of the ARC file at 0x08, but there seems to be padding/data between certain files within the ARC container. I haven't been able to figure out the pattern of how it works.
If you look in the hex editor, then the offset and size of the compressed file is correct, then at + 16 bytes for each file.
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

Kaltan wrote:If you look in the hex editor, then the offset and size of the compressed file is correct, then at + 16 bytes for each file.
It's not that simple. For instance, pl00_hairall_NM.tex in pl00.arc is offset by an additional 80 bytes.
Kaltan
n00b

Post by Kaltan »

Sectus wrote:
Kaltan wrote:If you look in the hex editor, then the offset and size of the compressed file is correct, then at + 16 bytes for each file.
It's not that simple. For instance, pl00_hairall_NM.tex in pl00.arc is offset by an additional 80 bytes.
Whether it is possible to come up with the realties in Resident Evil Code: Veronica and RE5 also SFH.
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

I updated ARCtool with a small change. SFH support still doesn't work, but I fixed a bug related to it (wouldn't correctly skip SFH header sometimes) and added error handling for when it fails zlib decompression.
Kaltan wrote:Whether it is possible to come up with the realties in Resident Evil Code: Veronica and RE5 also SFH.
Code Veronica and RE5 also use SFH headers on PS3?
Kaltan
n00b

Post by Kaltan »

Sectus wrote:I updated ARCtool with a small change. SFH support still doesn't work, but I fixed a bug related to it (wouldn't correctly skip SFH header sometimes) and added error handling for when it fails zlib decompression.
Kaltan wrote:Whether it is possible to come up with the realties in Resident Evil Code: Veronica and RE5 also SFH.
Code Veronica and RE5 also use SFH headers on PS3?
Yes, games that go into PSN, PKG archives head SFH
Kaltan
n00b

Post by Kaltan »

Your program works fine with ARCtool Code Veronica, Resident Evil HD REMASTER with Bat RE revelatens XBOX 360, but not on PS3
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

So I guess a disc version of REmaster does not use SFH headers and thus would work just fine with my tool?
Kaltan
n00b

Post by Kaltan »

Sectus wrote:So I guess a disc version of REmaster does not use SFH headers and thus would work just fine with my tool?
Uses))) It is as if PSN. That's what I wanted)))
vadim
advanced

Post by vadim »

Kaltan wrote:
Sectus wrote:So I guess a disc version of REmaster does not use SFH headers and thus would work just fine with my tool?
Chestnut, and his hands did not try to unpack, or you know how to Use only a software, and then sell the translation?))))))
Kashtan23
ultra-n00b

Post by Kashtan23 »

vadim wrote:
Kaltan wrote:
Chestnut, and his hands did not try to unpack, or you know how to Use only a software, and then sell the translation?))))))
??? That thou beguiled.
rengareng
veteran

Post by rengareng »

Can you share source code of the tool?