Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Evil Within MSADPCM

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

The Evil Within MSADPCM

Post by OrangeC »

https://mega.co.nz/#!YdtSRQJb!sBl2v6EK- ... 3qsmr0iSx8

Was wondering if anyone can generate a MSadpcm script to add a header for these files?

Thanks.
kilik
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: The Evil Within MSADPCM

Post by kilik »

+1 need
Tartarus
beginner

Post by Tartarus »

Same here please.
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

Is it really possible to decompress a MS ADPCM file like that? I mean IMA ADPCM files are pretty simple but I've never dig through MS ADPCM files so I'm pretty confused. Did you find a way to convert those files one by one previously?
Vosvoy
barti
veteran

Post by barti »

I don't have this game so I can't verify this, but the header information should be stored somewhere else in my opinion.
Also I couldn't get these files to play as any kind of ADPCM supported by FFmpeg.
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

barti wrote:I don't have this game so I can't verify this, but the header information should be stored somewhere else in my opinion.
Also I couldn't get these files to play as any kind of ADPCM supported by FFmpeg.
Okay. Back to Xbox360 version for me then. I suggest you guys do the same 'cause you can have filenames as PC version (thanks to Aluigi) and .xma files are not lossy after conversion.
Plus, no weird compression in the .xma files of the console version. I tested it with regular tools (xma_parse11 + ToWav) and it worked like a charm (+5Gb of music and sound w/o the voice lines).
Vosvoy