Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

psp doa paradise

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
qq99q1
beginner

psp doa paradise

Post by qq99q1 »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Re: psp doa paradise

Post by BakameExcalibur »

No idea, but I want to ask: how did you manage to get these files out? I've been looking for an extractor for months now, to no avail. :?
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

ditto, I'd like to know the extraction method. Files were encrypted when I last looked...
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

The PAR chunk gives you filenames and offsets relative to the start of that PAR chunk. One can probably treat this as an archive and unpack the files, but that is not important since you can just treat it like any chunk based format. Sizes can be obtained by just taking the difference of each offset (and the last texture is just filesize - last_offset).

But parsing it directly is probably the easiest since the file is small anyways.

So for example I randomly opened "dmy_aa_a_m_a_cr.tpr" and at the top I see the offset to the pmd and the pta files. pmd starts at 0x80 while pta starts at 0xE280.

Then you can just parse the pmd (model) and pta (textures) separately.

When you get to the pta offset, you just see another PAR. It'll give you the names and offsets of the textures, relative to the start of the pta offset.

All of the textures are PSP Gim's, which I'm guessing is a standard format for PSP textures, so that part should be given to you already.

Oh, and it looks like a lot of the things are aligned to 16-bytes.
Either that, or each PAR chunk can store up to 4 files.

btw, upload some map files as well. And objects.
I looked at the files a year ago but had no clue about hex-reading so deleted the game lol