Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by TRDaz »

Does anyone know a way around the Unhandled Exception error?
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

So Makeb hit the PTR last week and ain't it a thing of beauty? (:

Here are the file names from swtor_test_main_area_makeb_1.tor to get you started: http://pastebin.com/HMSbEngu

There have been guys like Eszi and Kamii who recently grabbed a little more attention than they liked:
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/ ... abilities/
http://redeclipse.eu/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=871
From what I can tell they just used EasyMYP and NodeViewer (without giving credit :furious:) so I would not rate their achievement too high. I guess it's nice to see that there are still people datamining the files besides me.
But posting it on the official forums and getting permabanned for it is about as dumb as shooting oneself in the foot... :owned:

Anyways, looking forward to the expansion!
surix
beginner

Post by surix »

Is there a tool to get modified files back into the archives?
I'd really love to mod the interior of my ship!
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

surix wrote:Is there a tool to get modified files back into the archives?
There have been people who were able to edit the archives manually with varying degrees of success, but there is no finished tool to do that.
Since this is a MMO, editing the game files is against the TOS and I do not offer any help for that.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

TRDaz wrote:Does anyone have a link to the TOR EasyMYP? Older versions crash when loading and the links dont work for the TOR version :/

EDIT: Ignore that, realised that a few posts above had the version I needed... but I get a error that someone a few posts up had D: (Unhandled Exception)
Any help? I cant get past the Unhandled Exception, seems to work for everyone else, but it doesnt for me.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Well, I did not code EasyMYP and I have not been using it for over a year, so I am not interested in fixing anything related to EasyMYP. Either you could try reaching the original developer of the tool, or find someone else from the forum to take a look at it, or code your own extractor based on the specifications me and other users have posted.
Good luck! :)
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

Where could I contact the original developer? :)
Or is there another way to get the files from the .tor packages?
I dont know anything about coding so thats out of the picture xD
surix
beginner

Post by surix »

SWTOR fan wrote:
surix wrote:Is there a tool to get modified files back into the archives?
There have been people who were able to edit the archives manually with varying degrees of success, but there is no finished tool to do that.
Since this is a MMO, editing the game files is against the TOS and I do not offer any help for that.
Thanks swtor fan.
That is lame that they consider modifying graphic data as modifying the game client, its not like you could cheat without modifying the actual executables.
I suppose there also might be the problem that as soon as you login with your new files the patcher will be like "these files don't hash, ill update them." You'd probably have to inject them after the patcher finishes, then hope their anti hacking method doesnt thinking your trying to bot or something.

I'm really disappointed with my ship though, it doesn't even have a restroom, or a comfortable lounge, or a library, and has some random dude who I don't know carbon froze in the hold.
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

hi,

any of you guys have some information about the ".tor" files specification (especially how the names are stored)?

I'm interested to write a program, just to figure out filenames. EasyMyp is a fantastic tool, and everyone is great who works on guessing the filenames, but, but, but, there have to be an easy way than guessing the filenames... :eek: 1+1=2, logic dictates that, if you know the starting value and the result you can figure out the method? Or bioware refused the laws of nature? :D
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Vindis wrote:hi,

any of you guys have some information about the ".tor" files specification (especially how the names are stored)?

I'm interested to write a program, just to figure out filenames. EasyMyp is a fantastic tool, and everyone is great who works on guessing the filenames, but, but, but, there have to be an easy way than guessing the filenames... :eek: 1+1=2, logic dictates that, if you know the starting value and the result you can figure out the method? Or bioware refused the laws of nature? :D
As written by Rick on page 4 on this thread, SWTOR uses the "Jenkins Lookup 3" algorithm to determine the hash for a file name. For each file, the .tor archives store the two hashes (primary + secondary) generated by that function.

It seems to me like you never heard of hash functions. Unless you know the exact file name, you have to test all possible combinations, which can quickly take multiple years, if not centuries.
If you still don't believe me, think of the Digit sum. It is the simplest example of a hash function that cannot be reversed, because e.g. 8 is the digit sum of 17, 35, 62, 80, 800, etc.

Fortunately, many files (e.g. the .mat and the .xml files) contain those file names, so with a little bit of work one can get the file names that way. Also, since Bioware had included the full file names in the early beta versions, we had a good starting point for a lot of file names. Everything that is left now is just filling in the blanks.
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

SWTOR fan wrote: As written by Rick on page 4 on this thread, SWTOR uses the "Jenkins Lookup 3" algorithm to determine the hash for a file name. For each file, the .tor archives store the two hashes (primary + secondary) generated by that function.

It seems to me like you never heard of hash functions. Unless you know the exact file name, you have to test all possible combinations, which can quickly take multiple years, if not centuries.
If you still don't believe me, think of the Digit sum. It is the simplest example of a hash function that cannot be reversed, because e.g. 8 is the digit sum of 17, 35, 62, 80, 800, etc.

Fortunately, many files (e.g. the .mat and the .xml files) contain those file names, so with a little bit of work one can get the file names that way. Also, since Bioware had included the full file names in the early beta versions, we had a good starting point for a lot of file names. Everything that is left now is just filling in the blanks.
Well, i cannot say i have phD in Hashes :D Now that i've read the wiki it's clear, that easymyp is the best tool to figure it out, yet. (I thought, you can just simply reverse the hash and you get the filename)

Isn't nodeviewer parse somehow, because that tiny part i read, seems look for exact name...
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

What you see in Node Viewer is a another type of file system contained inside the .bkt and .node files. For those files, the names are in fact given inside the files. This is why you can also find the new names from 2.0 in there, even though the programmer did not know about those names when he wrote the program.

However, all other files are only stored with their hashes.
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

I found nearly 8000 new filename, i'll upload it if u guys don't mind.

Grab it here:http://rapidshare.com/files/797895651/found.zip

I can't translate it to percentage, because it seems everybody have different file number :) I have 414230
Tribalizer
n00b

Post by Tribalizer »

Vindis wrote:I found nearly 8000 new filename, i'll upload it if u guys don't mind.

I can't translate it to percentage, because it seems everybody have different file number :) I have 414230
Getting a "Download not available Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)" when I go to download it.
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

Tribalizer wrote:
Vindis wrote:I found nearly 8000 new filename, i'll upload it if u guys don't mind.

Getting a "Download not available Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)" when I go to download it.
Fix'd http://rapidshare.com/files/797895651/found.zip (i hope)