Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Croc 2 ASF Sound

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
maxton
n00b

Croc 2 ASF Sound

Post by maxton »

Hi,

Croc 2 is a game for the PC and PS1 developed by Argonaut software. It has music in ASF files, but they're not windows media. here is an example, the music that plays at the title screen.

The file is supposed to sound like this. I have tried importing it as a raw file into Audacity, and I can almost make out the sound of the trumpet when I import it as a μ-law encoded ADPCM file, but it comes out nothing like how it should. Can anyone here find out more about these files, or how I should go about decoding them?
JKL
ultra-n00b

Re: Croc 2 ASF Sound

Post by JKL »

maxton wrote:Can anyone here find out more about these files, or how I should go about decoding them?
Here is the file you are looking for:
http://www.multiupload.com/GGUR843DJS

or Here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kode54
ultra-n00b

Re: Croc 2 ASF Sound

Post by kode54 »

I realize this is five years too late, but it would be nice to see the Quick Macros source code to that converter, so the format may be more easily added to VGMStream. It seems to be some sort of Microsoft ADPCM, but I can't be too sure without looking at the decoder.