Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Artunia
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Artunia »

b0ny wrote:Artunia
"--H" + "--HL" are customizable textures for underwears. no idea what "--C" is for. Lilstormcloud already gave you an answer
Sorry, i didn't see him
is it Important files?
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Artunia wrote:
"--H" + "--HL" are customizable textures for underwears. no idea what "--C" is for. Lilstormcloud already gave you an answer
Sorry, i didn't see him
is it Important files?
is it important for what? for modding? for extraction? something else?
you can extract the model with your favorite panties.
for modding it is important coz it replaces on loading the textures from the tmc+tmcl file by name, so in theory, you can inject in a --hl container any texture for a replacement in the outfit, like you can have textures with different skin tan or different surface bump/materials/specularity, and change them in the game just by selecting a different variant of this outfit.
Artunia
ultra-n00b

Post by Artunia »

b0ny wrote:
Artunia wrote:
Sorry, i didn't see him
is it Important files?
is it important for what? for modding? for extraction? something else?
you can extract the model with your favorite panties.
for modding it is important coz it replaces on loading the textures from the tmc+tmcl file by name, so in theory, you can inject in a --hl container any texture for a replacement in the outfit, like you can have textures with different skin tan or different surface bump/materials/specularity, and change them in the game just by selecting a different variant of this outfit.
Thanks for your help
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Artunia wrote:
Sorry, i didn't see him
is it Important files?
This what is inside KASUMI_COS_004.tmc and KASUMI_COS_004.tmcl

and this is inside KASUMI_COS_004_01.--H and KASUMI_COS_004_01.-HL

Quite the difference, isn't it??

Those packs are intended to store differrent colors of the customzable textures (panties, kasumi's skirt, hitomi's tantop, etc...) and the textures included in the original tmc and tmcl files are low resolution.
Artunia
ultra-n00b

Post by Artunia »

Darko wrote:
Artunia wrote:
This what is inside KASUMI_COS_004.tmc and KASUMI_COS_004.tmcl

and this is inside KASUMI_COS_004_01.--H and KASUMI_COS_004_01.-HL

Quite the difference, isn't it??

Those packs are intended to store differrent colors of the customzable textures (panties, kasumi's skirt, hitomi's tantop, etc...) and the textures included in the original tmc and tmcl files are low resolution.
Wow...Thanks Darko for your help
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

It's the pantsu :eek: (important) :D.
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Lilstormcloud wrote:It's the pantsu files :eek: of course they're important :D.

Fixing the physics will fix the clothes movements so it's all good. I personally understand very little about the ACI block, it would be a big help if you do find a way to convert it.

We're gradually making some progress on the other two issues since they're relevant to normal doaU modding too, it'll all get worked out eventually, just a matter of time.

On a side note there aren't all that many people working on DOA5U at the moment, I hope it doesn't die out, not that there were that many of us to start with anyway.
I'll just echo a couple of things since I've been away for a bit workin on XNAlara stuff over modding. DLC has me back and ready to tackle some new stuff. :D I too hope this doesn't die out either since only a small handful of people so far have taken on some of the heavy stuff.

@b0ny, thanks for your continued support. Like LSC said, having a way to inject models for the messed up ones would be awesome. I did a 2nd test recently, and did get a different unedited model to re-encrypt and work properly, but like before as soon as I did even a texture change it still didn't work compressed & with v1.03 patch.

Ninja Gaiden models would be awesome still too. There's still 2 for Ayane, 1 for Ryu and 2-ish for Kasumi if counting the scarf on her default. As already mentioned the physics are one issue, and in some cases some meshes either cannot be re-injected correctly or choose not to display after removing the blur object.
---
I've been working on some more advanced swaps and have run into some snags

1) Attempted to change a costume to a character of different body type. I attempted to switch one of Helena's costumes to Ayane AND switched the body mesh itself so it was Ayane's. Everything lines up properly in 3dsmax BUT in game there is still a neck gap which is likely due to the skeleton having different bone coordinates. I tested a few value swaps in the BoneOffsetMatrix, but nothing seemed to make a difference. Is there a source set of bone coordinates I could try altering? I'm thinking if the upper spine / neck bone were moved to match it may not pull the neck vertices down.

2) I've asked this one on 360iso, and if I missed an answer I apologize. Do we know the order / usage of values in vertex buffers after x,y,z,bone Id, and weights. Rachel has a hidden alt hair style, but is missing a piece. I wanted to switch some meshes on Tina's since they're similar but the mesh groups in question are 44 length yet Rachel's are 40. I'd need to expand Rachels by 4, but will likely have to put a junk value in and hope it doesn't screw anything up.

3) Any progress on switching a DXT1 to DXT5? I'd like to get Alpha stuff working on textures currently without Alpha channels.
leidoa
n00b

Post by leidoa »

anyone knows the offset of doa 2 ultimate stages ??? help
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

2)you have to look for description for flexible vertex format for directx10. these describe what kind of information(data layers) is stored in a vertex and in what kind of format(float, int, ...). you can find them in geodecl chunks for each object. you may try to identify the structure by analyzing the doa5 importer for blender.
3)the swizzled data is not proportional to the unswizzled one. so the only way to transform dxt1 to dxt5 is not only to cut one of the sides of the texture to half but also to change it's type to unswizzled(otherwise it can exceed the allocated size and corrupt the data next to texture). are you good with that? if yes then i'm gonna finish the addition for the archivarius and release it.

[leidoa]
i've lost the links of a forum reversing doa2dreamcast, guys there found the offsets for that game, as i remember the offsets were related to the order of the icons in the "stage select screen", i searched for a video or a screenshot featuring the stage select screen for doa2u but haven't found any. if you'll post a few screenshots with scrolling through stage icons i'll try to restore the right stage indices to find the place where the game decides which stage is related to which icon.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

leidoa wrote:anyone knows the offset of doa 2 ultimate stages ??? help
Lol a question b0ny forgot to aks is if you're talking about DOA2 from Dreamcast or DOA2U from Xbox??
leidoa
n00b

Post by leidoa »

xbox
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

b0ny wrote:2)you have to look for description for flexible vertex format for directx10. these describe what kind of information(data layers) is stored in a vertex and in what kind of format(float, int, ...). you can find them in geodecl chunks for each object. you may try to identify the structure by analyzing the doa5 importer for blender.
3)the swizzled data is not proportional to the unswizzled one. so the only way to transform dxt1 to dxt5 is not only to cut one of the sides of the texture to half but also to change it's type to unswizzled(otherwise it can exceed the allocated size and corrupt the data next to texture). are you good with that? if yes then i'm gonna finish the addition for the archivarius and release it.
2) That level of structure knowledge is still a bit over my head at the moment, so I agree it may be best for me to look at the importers for now.

3) So do you mean that they different resolutions like 512x512 >> 1024x1024 or something like 512x1024 in which the height and width are mismatched compared to the original? One kind of corruption are we speaking? Enough to make something look incorrect?
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

tecmo360texturesExtractorV16

added a little 'X' button that will convert dxt1 textures to dxt5(transparent textures).

[Protocol X27]
dxt5 is storing the alpha for each color channel thus it's twice as bigger as dxt1, thus to replace a dxt1 texture with a dxt5 texture you have to divide one of it's sides by two. but with swizzled textures it's even worse, the swizzled data is not proportional to the unswizzled one, thus (afaik) the dxt5 swizzled texture data can be more then 4 times bigger than dxt1 swizzled texture data. but why would you care, just press the little 'X' button and select what side in your opinion is better to keep and which to shorten.

but to enable the transparency correctly in the game, i think you should still edit the material flags or something(not sure about that)
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

:twisted: [bruce] :twisted:
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aagems
advanced

Post by aagems »

B0ny,is tool/blender script or model importer for doa2 dreamcast/doa2 hardcore (PS2) exist?on previous page in this topic(can't remember which page)you share an extractor for *.bin package for doa2 ps2,i wonder if you can make an importer for doa2 model, that would be awesome :D
Great things require hard work!!