Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

How can I import GR2 models into Blender?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Schot
ultra-n00b

How can I import GR2 models into Blender?

Post by Schot »

Recently I've been asked to join a team of game editors for work on Sacred 2. I'm co-owner for Darkmatters.org which is a fansite for the Sacred games. Sadly, the creators of Sacred 2 went out of business which ended development of the game. Even though it's quite a complete game a volunteer dev group formed and for many months now has been successfully patching and adding all kinds of content to the game. I've been asked to do some modeling and animation though I've learned that it is difficult to get GR2 models into blender. I'll be honest here. I'm kind of hoping that someone might be into making an importer. I can certainly supply some sample files. Heck. I'd be willing to give a copy of the game if someone was into figuring this out.

Any tips at all would be great!
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: How can I import GR2 models into Blender?

Post by mariokart64n »

Granny2 format? I think the GR2 SDK comes with a tool that lets you compile new GR2 files? I could be wrong
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Schot
ultra-n00b

Re: How can I import GR2 models into Blender?

Post by Schot »

Ah, that would be nice to have. I think you are right but it seems impossible to find. I would buy it but it's going for like $12,500. :eek:

I've reading up on getting blender to work with gr2 and I've read that there have been a number of games that have had plugins made so that blender could work with their models so it seems to be a game by game case of creating plugins. There is a reliable way to make 3ds 2008 work with gr2 but I really want to work with Blender. Being open source and all.

I'll continue my search but hopefully some merciful genius will come along.