Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

CSS Autoexec

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
stodds90
beginner

CSS Autoexec

Post by stodds90 »

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had a better autoexec for CSS, here is my current one, I would like one that get a lil better FPS and still saves some quality, I dont care for the models, but I like my textures high.

[*]// Casey's Config v2 (CAL compliant)
// Updated for new season by CAL|Stone
// Updated 01/23/07 - Added misc settings section
//_Set Netcode vars_
cl_cmdbackup 0
cl_resend 0
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_interp 0.01
cl_interpolate 1
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1 // Disables lagcompensation error checking, only needed if you're having any registration/loss/choke problems.
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_smooth 1
cl_updaterate 101
fps_max 101
rate 25000
//_Set Client vars_
mat_antialias 0 // Disables the use of multisampling to smooth out edges.
cl_drawmonitors 0 // Disables the rendering of ingame "monitors" which contain 3d rendered images.
cl_forcepreload 1 // Forces the game to load all texture and model information into memory on map load.
cl_phys_props_enable 1 // Enables phsyics props.
cl_phys_props_max 50 // Maximum amount of physics props allowed.
cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 0 // Disables ragdoll.
cl_restrict_server_commands 0 // Compatible/needed with serverplugins
cl_show_splashes 0 // Disables water splashes.
//_Set Render vars_
r_3dsky 0 // Disables the rendering of 3d sky boxes.
r_avglight 0 // _disables average lighting_
r_lightaverage 0 // _disables average lighting_
r_cheapwaterend 1 // _worse water rendering_
r_cheapwaterstart 1 // _worse water rendering_
r_eyes 0 // Disables eyes in models.
r_lod -1 // Different level of details on models. -1 = Variable at distance. 0 = None. 1 = Minor. 2 = Less minor.
r_modellodscale 1.0 // The transitioning power of LOD.
r_occlusion 0 // Enables the Model Occlusion system.
r_propsmaxdist 100 // Max distance at which props are rendered.
r_rootlod 2 // Base lod of the model in the memory.
r_shadowmaxrendered 0 // Max shadows the game will render.
r_shadowrendertotexture 1 // Rendered the shadow texture causing it to match the player model.
r_shadows 0 // Enables shadows (Change be disabled for additional performance.)
r_teeth 0 // Disables teeth in models.
r_waterdrawreflection 0 // Disables the rendering of water reflections.
r_waterforceexpensive 0 // Forces cheap water.
r_dynamic 0
r_eyeshift_z 0
r_eyeshift_y 0
r_eyeshift_x 0
r_eyemove 0
r_eyegloss 0
rope_averagelight 0
rope_smooth 0 // _disables antialiasing on ropes_
rope_subdiv 0
rope_wind_dist 0 // _disables wind effects on ropes_
gl_clear 0 // Disables the gl_clear convariable.
props_break_max_pieces 0 // Disables prop fragmenting
//_Set Materials vars_
mat_antialias 0 // Disables the use of multisampling to smooth out edges.
mat_colorcorrection 0
mat_forceaniso 0 // _disables anisotropic filtering_
mat_bumpmap 0 // Disables bump mapping.
mat_clipz 1 // Disables optimized Z-Buffer rendering.
mat_compressedtextures 0 // Disables texture compression. Users with low amounts of system memory should turn this on.
mat_disable_bloom 0 // Disables bloom effects.
mat_hdr_enabled 0 // Disables HDR.
mat_hdr_level 0 // Double Disables HDR.
mat_monitorgamma 1.5 // Lower the number the brighter the screen. Only works in fullscreen.
mat_picmip 1 // Changes the resolutions of textures when they're loaded into memory. May improve FPS on graphics cards with low memory sizes.
mat_mipmaptextures 1 // _texture quality decreases with distance_
mat_reducefillrate 1 // Reduces the fillrate when the game is run in DXLevel 8.
mat_specular 0 // Disables Specularity on objects.
mat_trilinear 0 // Disables the use of Trilinear mipmapping.
mat_wateroverlaysize 8 // Sets the resolution of water distortion. Must be multiple of 8.
muzzleflash_light 0
sv_forcepreload 1 // _forces preload to help increase performance_
//_Set Violence vars_
violence_ablood 1
violence_agibs 1
violence_hblood 1
violence_hgibs 1
//_Set HUD vars_
hud_centerid 1 // Centers player IDs
//_Set Misc settings_
net_graph 0
jpeg_quality 100 // High quality screenshots
clear
echo _Casey's Config v2 (CAL compliant) loaded_[*]
Believe my eyes, my brain complies.
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: CSS Autoexec

Post by aluigi »

I repeat again and this is valid also for your other threads:
this is a forum about the reversing and extracting/repacking game archives and files, this is NOT a classical game forum.

so if you have a problem about a game archive that you don't know how to open (because you are interested in its content) and it has not been already covered in other threads ("search before post" rule) then YES you are in the correct forum.

if you have problems running a game, configuring it, cheating and other things you are NOT in the correct forum.

the following are the Xentax rules in case you have not read them:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1270

just for my curiosity, how old are you?
stodds90
beginner

Post by stodds90 »

aluigi wrote:I repeat again and this is valid also for your other threads:
this is a forum about the reversing and extracting/repacking game archives and files, this is NOT a classical game forum.

so if you have a problem about a game archive that you don't know how to open (because you are interested in its content) and it has not been already covered in other threads ("search before post" rule) then YES you are in the correct forum.

if you have problems running a game, configuring it, cheating and other things you are NOT in the correct forum.

the following are the Xentax rules in case you have not read them:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1270

just for my curiosity, how old are you?
Actually, this here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4153 clearly states that I can post there here due to what it relates here. And to my previous post, the "running the game" concept went with the files I was requesting, if I could not receive them...

What is it with you people on these forums? You would rather bitch at somebody who needs help, rather than constructively helping them. This post is related to games, so with the link I posted above, this would be the proper forum. But these forums should not be about arguing were what should be posted, now is it?

And to satisfy your curiosity, I'm 20 years of age.
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

this here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4153 clearly states that I can post there here due to what it relates here
ah ah ah that post you linked is referred to the game tools blog which is a totally different thing and is even more selective than the forum :)
blog/
You would rather bitch at somebody who needs help, rather than constructively helping them
as far as I know everyone here receives at least a minimum of help for things that fit the various fields covered by the forum.

the only people who gets ignored are those that post things completely unrelated.
you have not been ignored just for the tentative of being a bit more constructive... time wasted.
But these forums should not be about arguing were what should be posted
a forum about specific fields of the game world doesn't make it a general gaming forum.
it's exactly like going in a development forum about C or PHP and creating a thread about how use Photoshop, this is what you are trying to do and you still don't understand it.
but I'm sure that now it's clear.

*update*
the only section of the forum where you can post this type of thread is the off-topic one:
viewforum.php?f=22
maybe give a try
stodds90
beginner

Post by stodds90 »

aluigi wrote:
this here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4153 clearly states that I can post there here due to what it relates here
ah ah ah that post you linked is referred to the game tools blog which is a totally different thing and is even more selective than the forum :)
blog/
You would rather bitch at somebody who needs help, rather than constructively helping them
as far as I know everyone here receives at least a minimum of help for things that fit the various fields covered by the forum.

the only people who gets ignored are those that post things completely unrelated.
you have not been ignored just for the tentative of being a bit more constructive... time wasted.
But these forums should not be about arguing were what should be posted
a forum about specific fields of the game world doesn't make it a general gaming forum.
it's exactly like going in a development forum about C or PHP and creating a thread about how use Photoshop, this is what you are trying to do and you still don't understand it.
but I'm sure that now it's clear.

Maybe I understand a little better now, but this forum is for game archive research, and this is for my own research for a game, and I need help, so im posting on a forum were people seem to be above average with there experience in technology. sorry if im a pain.
*update*
the only section of the forum where you can post this type of thread is the off-topic one:
viewforum.php?f=22
maybe give a try