Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Has anyone converted PS3 game files yet?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
CodeMan89
advanced

Has anyone converted PS3 game files yet?

Post by CodeMan89 »

I just wanted to ask this question because I want to buy a Lite-On Blu-Ray Reader (Which Reads PS3 Discs).

I'm sure buy now it can't be too hard.

I want the game models from games is what I am saying.

Anyway, just curious.
chrrox

Re: Has anyone converted PS3 game files yet?

Post by chrrox »

yes
you need a ps3 to rip games tho
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

As far as I know, the files are encrypted on the PS3's disc, so a simple Blu-Ray reader won't work. You'll have to jailbreak it (there's methods to do so even on 3.55 -- just NOT 3.56!) without any complex maneuvers, and you'll need the blackb0x FTP program to be able to access the files on the disc. By using an FTP program on your computer to access your PS3 and transferring the files to your PC, they'll decrypt themselves and therefore can be usable. That's what I personally did with my copy of Disgaea 3, so I could rip the graphics from it. (Except back then, I had to borrow a calculator from my friend so I could jailbreak it. Now I don't have to anymore.)
CodeMan89
advanced

Post by CodeMan89 »

Wow. I thought the Blu-Ray Drive would break through the encryption. I read somewhere that a Lite-On Blu Ray Drive reads PS3 Discs.

The whole reason I made this topic is because it has been 8 months since Red Dead Redemption was released. I still cannot find a .rpf convertor/extractor. I have the Xbox 360 Version of the game.