Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Red Dead Redemption .rpf converter/extractor

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Red Dead Redemption .rpf converter/extractor

Post by AxelNoir »

d3g0n wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:29 am Well, 11 years since the publication of the plugin for Noesis. A few days ago I started writing a tool that will convert RDR models to GTA IV openFormat. So far, I've only explored the shader sections and the model sections from the XVD file. Unfortunately, I did not figure out where the UV coordinates are in the file, so now it is possible to export without UV coordinates. Everything else works fine, it exports shaders, correctly exports each model separately from xvd to odd file. I think when there is progress with uv channels, I will be able to publish the tool here.

Several screenshots with RDR models in 3ds max imported by OFIO
and with shaders
Is this from the PS3 version or Xbox 360? I don't know how to open the rpf file from the PS3 version and I saw somebody rip models from RDR1 PS3 and upload them to Deviantart like so:

https://www.deviantart.com/heliosal/art ... -887249548
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

d3g0n wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:26 pm
Tosyk wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:20 am
d3g0n wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 pm I added support for xft and xfd, also I added bone export and skinned mesh. I want to test the tool on different files before publishing to avoid bugs in the public version, so if someone has the desire and free time to help me, write to me in Discord "ḏ̵̉3̶̾̕g̶̾́0̷̾̓ṉ̵̂#8929". If you speak RU/UA, write right away.
I would like to test it out but I can't find you in discord :ninja:
d3g0n#8929
hello I sent you a friend request on discord, I need some help with this. Thank you!
justuser
ultra-n00b

Post by justuser »

How to open RDR1 rpf? I got rdrexplorer, but its always show a window with "access denied" and programm closes. Can anyone help?