Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Red Dead Redemption .rpf converter/extractor

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
ReeceMix
advanced

Re: Red Dead Redemption .rpf converter/extractor

Post by ReeceMix »

Well I know what I'm doing for the next .. 5 years
AviCG
ultra-n00b

Post by AviCG »

Hello,

I have been looking everywhere for the Arthur Morgan model from Red Dead Redemption 2, Would it be at all possible for you to extract it from the game for me? I understand that it is the second Red Dead redemption game and not the first, but I hope that you can help me all the same, or maybe suggest someone who could?

Thank you for your time,

Avi
GuiCORLEONE
ultra-n00b

Post by GuiCORLEONE »

pixeldamage wrote: Tue May 14, 2013 11:27 am Would really like to see this revived. Some great work was done!

PS- Noesis "All files" never worked for me. I have to choose the specific type to see that file (eg Rsc0a). At work now but I remember in Noesis there is a way of live unpacking certain textures into multiple textures (bundled inside it) via a main menu dropbdown (you'll also see these if you export the texture). Note there is a tonne of duplicates most likely due to streaming requirements. Not all files work and models dont appear with their textures. I did export some terrain pieces into max but there's no vertex data or way of resetting up the original textures (for terrain). Didn't find any building textures.
I know this is a old topic but, how do i get ped textures? Textures for Bill, Jack, Javier etc...
I got models and some random textures like icons etc but still no textures for peds. Thanks in advance.
John76
n00b

Post by John76 »

Does anyone know structure for rpf8 rdr2 (ps4 or pc)?
Thanks
d3g0n
ultra-n00b

Post by d3g0n »

Well, 11 years since the publication of the plugin for Noesis. A few days ago I started writing a tool that will convert RDR models to GTA IV openFormat. So far, I've only explored the shader sections and the model sections from the XVD file. Unfortunately, I did not figure out where the UV coordinates are in the file, so now it is possible to export without UV coordinates. Everything else works fine, it exports shaders, correctly exports each model separately from xvd to odd file. I think when there is progress with uv channels, I will be able to publish the tool here.

Several screenshots with RDR models in 3ds max imported by OFIO
and with shaders
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

@d3g0n, really cool to see the progress! Do you have something released? I'm interested in textures for characters and objects. Because since 11 years they were never converted by anyone.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
d3g0n
ultra-n00b

Post by d3g0n »

Tosyk wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:12 pm @d3g0n, really cool to see the progress! Do you have something released? I'm interested in textures for characters and objects. Because since 11 years they were never converted by anyone.
instrument is very raw. I'm stuck in place due to the missing uv channel or I just don't understand where it is. I studied the files after the conversion to fbx (converted by the plugin), but I could not link the uv coordinates to the original xvd file. Also today I received Chipsman's work in the form of four odr files that he converted from rdr to gta iv, but this did not help me either. The tool can unpack version 133(xvd) files, but it ignores the skeleton section.
In the future, I also plan to add support for other formats, but first I need to finish the xvd file converter.
As for the shaders, I need to create a ShaderManager, which will contain information about all shaders, because in the model files the shader parameters are sorted by type (texture, float4, etc.)
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

d3g0n wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:19 pm
Tosyk wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:12 pm @d3g0n, really cool to see the progress! Do you have something released? I'm interested in textures for characters and objects. Because since 11 years they were never converted by anyone.
instrument is very raw. I'm stuck in place due to the missing uv channel or I just don't understand where it is. I studied the files after the conversion to fbx (converted by the plugin), but I could not link the uv coordinates to the original xvd file. Also today I received Chipsman's work in the form of four odr files that he converted from rdr to gta iv, but this did not help me either. The tool can unpack version 133(xvd) files, but it ignores the skeleton section.
In the future, I also plan to add support for other formats, but first I need to finish the xvd file converter.
As for the shaders, I need to create a ShaderManager, which will contain information about all shaders, because in the model files the shader parameters are sorted by type (texture, float4, etc.)
it seems you dive deep into the reversing. I once asked for the source of noesis plugin but didn't get the response. Maybe you will be more lucky with your actual work and screens
my blog | my forum
d3g0n
ultra-n00b

Post by d3g0n »

I updated the tool and added support for diffuse(aka vertex color), specular and all uv channels. Before publishing this tool, I also need to add bone support (if it is in the resource) and add all shaders to my ShaderManager
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

d3g0n wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:27 pm I updated the tool and added support for diffuse(aka vertex color), specular and all uv channels. Before publishing this tool, I also need to add bone support (if it is in the resource) and add all shaders to my ShaderManager
oh you actually had the source of noesis plugin? great!
my blog | my forum
d3g0n
ultra-n00b

Post by d3g0n »

Tosyk wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:39 pm
d3g0n wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:27 pm I updated the tool and added support for diffuse(aka vertex color), specular and all uv channels. Before publishing this tool, I also need to add bone support (if it is in the resource) and add all shaders to my ShaderManager
oh you actually had the source of noesis plugin? great!
Unfortunately, I didn't have the source for the Noesis plugin. I relied on my old experience with the IV and Max Payne 3 models.
I tried to find the source of the plugin to improve it, but all attempts were not successful
d3g0n
ultra-n00b

Post by d3g0n »

I added support for xft and xfd, also I added bone export and skinned mesh. I want to test the tool on different files before publishing to avoid bugs in the public version, so if someone has the desire and free time to help me, write to me in Discord <ḏ̵̉3̶̾̕g̶̾́0̷̾̓ṉ̵̂#8929>. If you speak RU/UA, write right away.
Last edited by d3g0n on Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

d3g0n wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 pm I added support for xft and xfd, also I added bone export and skinned mesh. I want to test the tool on different files before publishing to avoid bugs in the public version, so if someone has the desire and free time to help me, write to me in Discord "ḏ̵̉3̶̾̕g̶̾́0̷̾̓ṉ̵̂#8929". If you speak RU/UA, write right away.
I would like to test it out but I can't find you in discord :ninja:
my blog | my forum
d3g0n
ultra-n00b

Post by d3g0n »

Tosyk wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:20 am
d3g0n wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 pm I added support for xft and xfd, also I added bone export and skinned mesh. I want to test the tool on different files before publishing to avoid bugs in the public version, so if someone has the desire and free time to help me, write to me in Discord "ḏ̵̉3̶̾̕g̶̾́0̷̾̓ṉ̵̂#8929". If you speak RU/UA, write right away.
I would like to test it out but I can't find you in discord :ninja:
d3g0n#8929
d3g0n
ultra-n00b

Post by d3g0n »