Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

RF Model Structure

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Nava
n00b

RF Model Structure

Post by Nava »

A few people have asked around for the RF Online mesh structure. To make this elegant I should probably write out the structure for each section, but I didn't prepare that offhand, so check my sourcecode.

A straight rip from a structorian file i made for the headers is here.
struct MESHFILE
{
u16 LimbCount;
child MESHLIMBDATA;
}

struct MESHLIMBDATA
{
str[len=100] MeshName;
str[len=100] LimbName;
[hidden] u16 uk1;
u32 ScaleX;
skip 16;
u32 ScaleY;
skip 16;
u32 ScaleZ;
[hidden] u16 uk2;
u32 PositionX;
u32 PositionY;
u32 PositionZ;
[hidden] u16 uk3;
u32 uk4;
u32 uk5;
skip 122;
u16 PositionsCount;
u16 FacesonLimb;
u16 Sector3Count;
}

proceeding is a 28 byte struct which consist of the following
dword X - vector position
dword Y
dword Z
4 byte constant
dword X - normal position
dword Y
dword Z

Sadly I am to lazy to read off the rest to you, check over my source code in my msh->obj converter.

http://honor-rf.blogspot.com/2008/04/rf ... h-obj.html

Direct Download Links
http://www.zshare.net/download/1134228887b5ec16/
Current Music : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYTJqGDgImU&NR=1
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: RF Model Structure

Post by mariokart64n »

cool, but i can only seem to find msh files for the items and stuff. what about character models/nps? they seem to be packed in an rfs file
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Nava
n00b

Post by Nava »

For character models check in [RF Folder]\Character\Player\Mesh, I can guarentee perfect unpacking for all files under DEFAULTBF.RFS, but there will be problems with msh's extracted from some acc and cora files, nothing too bad. NPC's & Monsters are there too lmao. I don;t think I mentioned anything about textures, so I will mention how to handle that. Extract the parralel textures from the tex directory, and use photoshop or something to convert the RFT->DDS->BMP. Open the MTL file with notepad and change the .dds to .BMP and you should have a perfectly skinned model.
OggerMC
ultra-n00b

Post by OggerMC »

i get severl erros when i use it :S
i tryed to convert this file
BELCOR_WEAPON_TSTAFF_196.msh
from
\RF Online\Item\Weapon\Mesh

WEM10.RFS (used RFSUnPack to unpack the .rfs)

pls, i need some help >_<
i want edit the glow of that staff :D
Nava
n00b

Post by Nava »

I will take a quick look for you, it may be one of the limited restrictions, but I can probably make an alternate program for you. Also, I think glow is an effect file of different format, if not then the dds texture attached, not the actual model.

Edit:

Er, that one was a working one with my XNA viewer(another program), I know because I accidently deleted it... if you can send it to me somehow I can look. As for effects, the Chef\Eff\ contains effects for various level staffs of that package, opening it with a hex editor you will see it references some .DDS files, try manipulating or rerouting those.

Edit2:
Got a copy of the file, there is a lot of extra data in the header for the weapon, so I am measuring that currently. The actually vertex data still starts at 0x2D8-5. The first count is there, the sector3 count is missing, I am going to try to patch that in.

Edit3: By assuming sector3 is always the same length as the position count I was able to load it, thank you alot that may be what I need to load any model! here are a few pics from the xna viewer, give me a few mins to update my exporter.

Nava
n00b

Update

Post by Nava »

Program update for my little friend, thanks to you my program is now more functional.

http://www.zshare.net/download/117026826741dd97/

Also check the blog. All I did was change a single line and a lot more work now. Also, remember if the texture doesn'
t load scroll up for info on how to. Enjoy, and let me know if you find more errors.
OggerMC
ultra-n00b

Post by OggerMC »

weee i gona try it, thanks alot
hehe, im glad that my erros helped ya ^_^
OggerMC
ultra-n00b

Post by OggerMC »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Nava
n00b

Post by Nava »

To achieve what you want, you need to go to RF\Chef\Tex folder. The eff files mention 55Shield_Pink.dds & Silver_Red.dds, but from your pictures those don't seem to be it. Try modding the colors on STAFF_135.dds, STAFF_Y.dds, STAFF_Y_01.dds, and elec_04.dds
OggerMC
ultra-n00b

Post by OggerMC »

thanks for the hints :D
OggerMC
ultra-n00b

Post by OggerMC »

ive checked the files u mentioned, but they are all already red/orange effects.

but i though i need to find the effect/texture what applys to the staffs current one, and change it.
so i though i have to find the blue,lightining one and change it color thema.
Nava
n00b

Post by Nava »

And for you, I present the effect ripper. No more lonely nights of manual extraction, now it will do it fast. Use in the Rf Effect folder with RPK files. There are tons of them... Goodluck. BTW, although the rip is easy, the replacement is manual, muahaha. Contact me on msn to do it. I am to lazy to make it easy for you.

http://www.zshare.net/download/11835826bc3c3633/
Nava
n00b

Post by Nava »

Actually, I am thinking the effect may be in RF/Chef/ChefEntity1.rpk or RF/Chef/ChefEntity2.rpk ... To be honest, you got me stumped on this, but the control file is external of the mesh I am certain.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

seems to crash alot on the player msh files, but the part that sucks is everything is in pieces. like legs arms, the torso and head are all mushed together in the center. I'm guessing the coordinate data for these objects are located in the animation files.. :(

oh well from a modding perspective the OBJ to MSH function would have a greater value then just model viewing.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Nava
n00b

Post by Nava »

Actually the coordinating data is in the headers, I ignore it in my extraction.

[hidden] u16 uk2;
u32 PositionX;
u32 PositionY;
u32 PositionZ;

That part controls location, but it basically transforms the points from an origin location.