Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Unreal Engine - Hitboxes and Hurtboxes

The Off-Topic Forum - Anything goes! As long as it's legal(ish). Things that made you scream "Holy Cow!"
StijnDark
n00b

Unreal Engine - Hitboxes and Hurtboxes

Post by StijnDark »

hi, :bye:

So i've been trying to mod unreal engine games for a while now and i know how to do some basic stuff.
Something i don't know yet but i really want to know about and figure out how it works are the hitboxes and hurtboxes (or collisions whatever you prefer naming it). I don't know where to find it. Could i find it in the blueprint file of an object or model? Or is it somewhere at a completely different location? I have been trying for a while, but i see no result and i'm still here with the same knowledge as at the moment i started trying.

Hopefully someone can help me out here. :ninja:
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Unreal Engine - Hitboxes and Hurtboxes

Post by lionheartuk »

StijnDark wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 pm hi, :bye:

So i've been trying to mod unreal engine games for a while now and i know how to do some basic stuff.
Something i don't know yet but i really want to know about and figure out how it works are the hitboxes and hurtboxes (or collisions whatever you prefer naming it). I don't know where to find it. Could i find it in the blueprint file of an object or model? Or is it somewhere at a completely different location? I have been trying for a while, but i see no result and i'm still here with the same knowledge as at the moment i started trying.

Hopefully someone can help me out here. :ninja:
Collisions are held within the static mesh or skeletal mesh.
If its an animation then a hitbox may be custom to specific frames of the animation.