Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Total War Three Kingdoms model modding help (rigid.model)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Pr0n00b
ultra-n00b

Total War Three Kingdoms model modding help (rigid.model)

Post by Pr0n00b »

Hello everyone,new here and to modding in general.

Recently i started modding total war Three Kingdoms. The mod changes the art of the characters and their model when they reach a certain age.

Example:

Image Image Image

now some characters have beard that i can just recolour but some models dont have a beard structure (i guess i would call it like that) they have a drawn stubble texture and when i want to add a beard via Varient Editor this happens

Example 2

this is the example that has no beard "structure"

this is my older art, as you can see it has a large beard

this is what happens when i try to add a beard on his model

normal model
added beard model

as you can see he has no moustache because i guess his head clipps trough the moustache.

Anyway i can change his model to fit the beard too? and what program do i need if its possible, they use rigid.models and wsmodels

edit: forgot to add the files how they look

Leo73
beginner

Re: Total War Three Kingdoms model modding help (rigid.model)

Post by Leo73 »

You need to edit the position of the beard or only of the moustache in a 3D Software.
I believe for TW Games it is the best way to do this in 3Ds Max, but i am not sure which 3Ds Max version you will need. You can try to convert the model to a format which Max can import using the RM Editor by phaezar, which you should be able to find at TW Center Forums. I think xentax is not the correct place to ask how to mod a game.
You better look for help at TW Center Forums. Then i think there is a Discord Server for modding TW games also.
Pr0n00b
ultra-n00b

Post by Pr0n00b »

Leo73 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:36 pm You need to edit the position of the beard or only of the moustache in a 3D Software.
I believe for TW Games it is the best way to do this in 3Ds Max, but i am not sure which 3Ds Max version you will need. You can try to convert the model to a format which Max can import using the RM Editor by phaezar, which you should be able to find at TW Center Forums. I think xentax is not the correct place to ask how to mod a game.
You better look for help at TW Center Forums. Then i think there is a Discord Server for modding TW games also.
Thank you very much i will look into it. Im guessing their is a lot of tutorials on 3Ds Max.

I did try bro but nobody responds unfortunately. The discord is mainly Warhammer modding so nobody knows or atleast is interested to help for 3K.

Once again thanks im hoping il make it work somehow :)
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

Try to figure out which Max version you need first. You can search in the Assembly Kit folders, for the official max export script, the folder should tell you which Max version to use.

Good luck! btw the stuff you show here is looking impressive! Good work