Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Last of Us 2

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
ArlonSH
ultra-n00b

Re: The Last of Us 2

Post by ArlonSH »

Has anybody gotten the .ascii working that the tool exports?

I have tried a couple of importers for blender and ascii plugins for noesis bot none seem to work out of the box.
The .smd that the tool outputs work perfectly fine, but only they contain only one UV set and most models rely on multiple uv sets (for things like dirt etc) so i wanted to see if the .ascii contained the other uvs but have not managed to import nor open them.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

ArlonSH wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:11 pm Has anybody gotten the .ascii working that the tool exports?
...I have tried a couple of importers for blender and ascii plugins for noesis bot none seem to work out of the box...
viewtopic.php?p=183734#p183734
ArlonSH
ultra-n00b

Post by ArlonSH »

mono24 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:33 pm
ArlonSH wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:11 pm Has anybody gotten the .ascii working that the tool exports?
...I have tried a couple of importers for blender and ascii plugins for noesis bot none seem to work out of the box...
viewtopic.php?p=183734#p183734

I have tried that one as well, throws a traceback error on all the models ive tried so far.
edit: that noesis importer does seem to work on most of the extracted .ascii from the pak68 directory just not the actor97 exports

the .smds the tool outputs are just fine however.

nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

This is the "official" xps plugin for Noesis, works for me: http://xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?t=1139

For Blender, use XNALaraMesh: https://github.com/johnzero7/XNALaraMesh/releases

Both import the ascii format produced by iddaemon's tools.
ArlonSH
ultra-n00b

Post by ArlonSH »

nightwolf1982 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:04 pm This is the "official" xps plugin for Noesis, works for me: http://xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?t=1139

For Blender, use XNALaraMesh: https://github.com/johnzero7/XNALaraMesh/releases

Both import the ascii format produced by iddaemon's tools.
thanks! i had messed around with those tools as well during my quest. It seems it can open/display some of the actor97 .ascii while others throw errors. static actors seem to work most of the time, while objects with skeletons seem to straight up fail.
is there a specific step one should take to extract those?

blender does not like the .ascii it seems using XNALaramesh addon but i suppose i could convert it in noesis to another format
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

Remember to copy and paste the skeleton at the beginning of the model files. For example, for Abby you would copy and paste the abby-skel_skel.abby-skel.ascii into the beginning of the abby-backpack_C1CCA4F4_0.ascii; make sure to replace the first line:

submesh_0

becomes

<skeleton data from abby-skel_skel.abby-skel.ascii>
submesh_0
arthur lil bro
ultra-n00b

Post by arthur lil bro »

One question, how i get or where i find the .PAK file of The Last of Us Part 2?
ArlonSH
ultra-n00b

Post by ArlonSH »

arthur lil bro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:31 am One question, how i get or where i find the .PAK file of The Last of Us Part 2?
you can get to the .paks by extracting a TLOU2 .pkg file using the ps4 PKG tool https://github.com/pearlxcore/PS4-PKG-Tool
This will get you the content archived as .psarc files which you can extract with noesis.
these extracted files will give you the .paks that u can use the tools with.
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Post by sleepylilreepy »

Hi Daemon, what is the fastest way to extract all game textures from the various folders? I am using your map tool and extracting the .PAKs and then dropping the texture desc file onto the tool to extract the textures, the textures extract fine but the textures for some of the models are fragmented all over the game. What is the fastest way to extracy EVERY texture in TLOU2? is there a tool for this? Thanks!

daemon1 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:29 pm
DragonRuines4 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:39 pm with the new tool, how should we make auto-texturing to work? do we have to place all of the textures in one folder alongside with the mesh? just like laraascii? can you explain a bit?
Also can we get Uncharted 4 to work with this new tool that you placed? ( I mean blender py plugin)
i will explain in details once i have time
but quick answer is...
- if you use johnzero plugin, you need to place all of the textures in one folder
- if you use this new SecaProject plugin, they will load from folder structure

and yes, i plan to change Uncharted 4 tool
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

sleepylilreepy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:19 pm What is the fastest way to extracy EVERY texture in TLOU2?
drop texture PAK on the tool - it will extract them all
arthur lil bro
ultra-n00b

Post by arthur lil bro »

ArlonSH wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:21 am
arthur lil bro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:31 am One question, how i get or where i find the .PAK file of The Last of Us Part 2?
you can get to the .paks by extracting a TLOU2 .pkg file using the ps4 PKG tool https://github.com/pearlxcore/PS4-PKG-Tool
This will get you the content archived as .psarc files which you can extract with noesis.
Thanks for the help!
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Post by sleepylilreepy »

is there a faster way than doing every .PAK one at a time? I'm having to manually go down the list of each individual PAK and do them manually. Great tool by the way! if theres a fast way to extract all 40GB of textures id love to hear it!

daemon1 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:24 pm
sleepylilreepy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:19 pm What is the fastest way to extracy EVERY texture in TLOU2?
drop texture PAK on the tool - it will extract them all
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

sleepylilreepy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:59 pm is there a faster way than doing every .PAK one at a time? I'm having to manually go down the list of each individual PAK and do them manually. Great tool by the way! if theres a fast way to extract all 40GB of textures id love to hear it!
I dont understand your problem. dont use any lists. Use whole paks, it extracts all 40GB in a few minutes if you have ssd. Its only limited by the speed of your drive.
arthur lil bro
ultra-n00b

Post by arthur lil bro »

ArlonSH wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:21 am
Sorry, im trying here but when i go on the PKG Content part, ask for a passcode, and when i press view PKG content shows a error box saying "Passcode not correct.", if you could help this would be great! Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Post by sleepylilreepy »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:16 pm
sleepylilreepy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:59 pm is there a faster way than doing every .PAK one at a time? I'm having to manually go down the list of each individual PAK and do them manually. Great tool by the way! if theres a fast way to extract all 40GB of textures id love to hear it!
I dont understand your problem. dont use any lists. Use whole paks, it extracts all 40GB in a few minutes if you have ssd. Its only limited by the speed of your drive.

Sorry let me rephrase, what .PAK are you dropping onto the tool? my workflow is as follows.

Exporting the PSARCS from noesis.

From noesis im going into pak.68 folder and then dragging one of the .paks onto your tool.

Should I not bother with the individual .paks in the extracted folder from noesis and just drop the dict texture file from the texturedict3 onto the tool?