Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Halo Wars Definitive Edition - Sound Extraction with full name strings

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Pepsee
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

[PC] Halo Wars Definitive Edition - Sound Extraction with full name strings

Post by Pepsee »

Hello, people of Xentax! I've been researching Halo Wars for quite some time now and wondered if sound extraction was possible.

The simple answer? Yes. However, the main issue is that due to the WWISE codec used, I tried unpacking them with "Wwise-Unpacker-master" and messing around with Ravioli Game Tools, however everytime I export, the sound despite being playable is a random assortment of numbers, for example: "Sounds_3254". It's almost impossible to sort through these considering that not only are all the sound effects mixed together with the voices, but also that there is no separation for localization, so languages from English to German are present throughout all voice lines.

If there is anyone who happens to know a tool or script that is able to extract the files and preserving their original sound names that would be wonderful. :mrgreen: All the best and thank you for your time!

Here is a sample uploaded: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1StfoxX ... E7q9I/view
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: [PC] Halo Wars Definitive Edition - Sound Extraction with full name strings

Post by DKDave »

There aren't any filenames stored in that archive, so that's why the unpacker can't create them. Unless the filenames are stored elsewhere then there's no way to get them.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Pepsee
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [PC] Halo Wars Definitive Edition - Sound Extraction with full name strings

Post by Pepsee »

DKDave wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:30 pm There aren't any filenames stored in that archive, so that's why the unpacker can't create them. Unless the filenames are stored elsewhere then there's no way to get them.
Thanks for the reply, Dave! I did some more digging and managed to find some .XML files that might be responsible for that. Check the files I attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.