Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

RenderDoc and RPCS3

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Fengo
beginner

RenderDoc and RPCS3

Post by Fengo »

So, I found that RenderDoc does work with RPCS3, but it also seems that everything that was built to work with it seems to have broken at some point. The Blender PIX CSV importer does nothing, simply throwing an error when trying to import a CSV exported from RenderDoc, and there was a CSV to OBJ command line converter, using that does literally nothing. Shows the usage, and when you give it the input CSV, it does nothing. No error, just nothing seems to happen.

The version of RenderDoc I'm using is version 1.7, as it seems to be the only one that doesn't lag RPCS3 to the point of being unusable, I'm trying to get car models from Ridge Racer 7, and it with other versions became unnavigable in the menus, having to wait a few minutes for the next frame to be drawn is really kind of tedious, and this is also assuming it even does that. Not to mention meshes from older versions break completely.

Just curious if anyone else has used RenderDoc, or if there's any way to import the RDC files themselves into something.
andree
veteran

Re: RenderDoc and RPCS3

Post by andree »

I've tried the RenderDoc .fbx exporter with RPCS3 and it gave me flat models with very small or no uvs.

Maybe you should try a different application that works with RenderDoc .fbx exporter (currently 0x only) or just wait for someone (if you are not experienced with programming) to make a 1x version of it.