Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Gravity Rush 2 Tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Gravity Rush 2 Tool

Post by akderebur »

Returned to this format after quite some time. Supports geometry/skeleton/skinning. Only skinned models are supported atm (mostly character models). I might consider adding support for other stuff.

Tool overview and example exported model

Load
  • GFX : Loads skinned meshes inside gfx files.
Export
  • NEX : Exports the model in custom binary format (.nex), intended to be loaded by Noesis. Noesis script for this format : Nex Script
  • Note : Models and textures will be exported into the folder Export.

Note on Normals / Tangents

I believe that I am loading the correct normal/tangent data in game files, but the meshes will look "weird" using that data. This game has a unique art style, and I guess the use of normals/tangents are not standard. Probably some shader work going on in the game engine.

So I have added the option to recalculate normals. It can also be done in most 3d software. You still have the option to disable it and load the original normal/tangent data. Incase you can put them to use somehow.

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6u45og1 ... r.rar/file
ChaoticFusion40
beginner

Re: Gravity Rush 2 Tool

Post by ChaoticFusion40 »

akderebur wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:07 pm Returned to this format after quite some time. Supports geometry/skeleton/skinning. Only skinned models are supported atm (mostly character models). I might consider adding support for other stuff.

Tool overview and example exported model

Load
  • GFX : Loads skinned meshes inside gfx files.
Export
  • NEX : Exports the model in custom binary format (.nex), intended to be loaded by Noesis. Noesis script for this format : Nex Script
  • Note : Models and textures will be exported into the folder Export.

Note on Normals / Tangents

I believe that I am loading the correct normal/tangent data in game files, but the meshes will look "weird" using that data. This game has a unique art style, and I guess the use of normals/tangents are not standard. Probably some shader work going on in the game engine.

So I have added the option to recalculate normals. It can also be done in most 3d software. You still have the option to disable it and load the original normal/tangent data. Incase you can put them to use somehow.

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6u45og1 ... r.rar/file
does it support models from the original game, both ps vita and ps3.