Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Part Decrypted Demo! Struggling with file permissions and unpacking for FH4!

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Skint94
ultra-n00b

Part Decrypted Demo! Struggling with file permissions and unpacking for FH4!

Post by Skint94 »

For the past 3 days now I have been trying to unpack/decrypt the Forza Horizon 4 files but nothing I have done has worked!

I did put a reply on this thread: forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4256&sid=d59441f60cb880654892351a4ab01ae0&start=2025 and that has more details such as what I have tried but no luck with the help yet.

So if anyone on here has managed to do it themselves or can give me advice on the needed permissions or whatever then please PM me with details and or advice!

Thanks, I'm desperate now lol....
Last edited by Skint94 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skint94
ultra-n00b

Re: LOSING MY MIND! Struggling with file permissions and unpacking for FH4!

Post by Skint94 »

So a little update. I have managed to part dump and decrypt files from the FH4 demo but still doesn't work on the full version so does anyone know what the difference is between the demo and the full version?

The dumped/decrypted files consists of all the cars, wheels, tracks and some other little bits but the dumper failed before it could dump the rest of the track files!
SoniKalien
beginner

Re: Part Decrypted Demo! Struggling with file permissions and unpacking for FH4!

Post by SoniKalien »

I'm in the same boat... I just want to be able to extract archives at this stage.

I own the game, but i didn't want to screw around with permissions etc because I actually play it as well :]

What I've been able to do is use R-Studio to copy a few archives from the install directory successfully to another drive. I unchecked "keep permissions and stuff" or something like that. That has given me 2 files (eg):

Code: Select all

REN_5Turbo_HE_80.zip
REN_5Turbo_HE_80.zip.$efs
I opened the .$efs file with a hexedit and it starts with:

Code: Select all

.appx_...
followed by unreadable hex code ( a bunch of number and letters lol)

So I am hoping that might be a clue into getting these extracted. I have tried various variations of forza studio and other extractors and the general consensus is that "this is not a valid archive".