Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

「Soul Worker」Unpacking a certain file (localization purpose).

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Vaelkyn
ultra-n00b

「Soul Worker」Unpacking a certain file (localization purpose).

Post by Vaelkyn »

Good afternoon,

First of all I am really thankful for the tool that also made possible the extraction of Soul Worker data!

I became really interested in modifying the string files, however it seems the archive data12 is password protected.

I would like to learn how to bypass this security mesure in order to exploit this file. Although I've searched the forum, I've found nothing particular that could help me or at least guide me where to begin with :(

I do have knowledge in Hex, and basics in assembly.

If anyone can take the time to explain to me, I'm all ears!

Thank you very much!

Edit : Alright please excuse me about the password, it has been already given in a previous post (a friend gave me the link), but it seems data are still encoded I suppose?
d3vil401
ultra-n00b

Re: 「Soul Worker」Unpacking a certain file (localization purpose).

Post by d3vil401 »

SoulWorker's package files are nothing more than ZIP files, rename the extension with .zip to deal with it easily.

There's just 1 zip file (data025? I don't remember exactly) that is password encrypted, but I didn't search for it, this one is the juicy one that contains all definitions of ingame items, achievements and some scripts.
latte
ultra-n00b

Post by latte »

Thanks, I also helped
Vaelkyn
ultra-n00b

Post by Vaelkyn »

Sorry for my late reply,

Yes indeed it contains a lot of funny stuff!

However it's under .res format and I was wondering if there was a way to parse the data?
xNui
ultra-n00b

Post by xNui »

JPSW 4th february 2021 password for data12

arJvW{s#AJ[Uu34R