Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Total War: Warhammer II import MaxScript (*.rigid_model_v2)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
tasanhalas
ultra-n00b

Re: Total War: Warhammer II import MaxScript (*.rigid_model_v2)

Post by tasanhalas »

I'm using a maxscript script to load models from Warhammer into 3DS Max, but none of the weapons I tried worked.... Any new one?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Making model-import scripts, PM
tasanhalas
ultra-n00b

Post by tasanhalas »

zaramot wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:34 pm viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21167
Thanks but I have absolutely no ideia how to use Noesis. Using 3DS because I found a tutorial for it
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

You will figure out it very fast, 3ds max much harder than this tool! You need to copy .py plugin into program's folder and pretty much that's all! I could add support for weapons, but since there's a nice alternative already - why not to try it xD
tasanhalas
ultra-n00b

Post by tasanhalas »

zaramot wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:27 pm You will figure out it very fast, 3ds max much harder than this tool! You need to copy .py plugin into program's folder and pretty much that's all! I could add support for weapons, but since there's a nice alternative already - why not to try it xD
Actually got Noesis plugin working, but the tutorial I found that uses Noesis needs a first step I can't make work.
It uses NinjaRipper to import the information from Warhammer, but I always get an error when trying to use it that's why I learned how to use 3DS. I open NinjaReaper, open the game, go to battle, press the designated key and the game crashes...
tasanhalas
ultra-n00b

Post by tasanhalas »

zaramot wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:27 pm You will figure out it very fast, 3ds max much harder than this tool! You need to copy .py plugin into program's folder and pretty much that's all! I could add support for weapons, but since there's a nice alternative already - why not to try it xD
Is there a way to extract the info and export a workable file from this using Noesis?: tmb_sepulchral_stalkers_halberd_2h_01.rigid_model_v2
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Sure lol, if you attach this file here - I'll try to help you with it.
tasanhalas
ultra-n00b

Post by tasanhalas »

zaramot wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 pm Sure lol, if you attach this file here - I'll try to help you with it.
I found the Export into FBX option, loaded the Anim and then skeleton file,m but it gives an error - WARNING: Weight contains an out of range bone index. Discarding model.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Well, script - plugin is to trying read it as a rigged model, maybe it's not supported yet, this type of mesh. As I said, you could attach here samples, I can't do anything - I don't have the game.
tasanhalas
ultra-n00b

Post by tasanhalas »

zaramot wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:15 pm Well, script - plugin is to trying read it as a rigged model, maybe it's not supported yet, this type of mesh. As I said, you could attach here samples, I can't do anything - I don't have the game.
This are the files I need (extracted from the .pak). thanks for any help

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/26d3e2 ... 844/da18c8
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

loaded the Anim and then skeleton file,m but it gives an error - WARNING: Weight contains an out of range bone index. Discarding model.
well my script has an order, first load the skeleton, then load the mesh and then animation :)
tasanhalas
ultra-n00b

Post by tasanhalas »

jayn23 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:44 pm
loaded the Anim and then skeleton file,m but it gives an error - WARNING: Weight contains an out of range bone index. Discarding model.
well my script has an order, first load the skeleton, then load the mesh and then animation :)
Sorry. Skeleton is here. I don't have anything more..

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/26484f ... 708/fc7033
tasanhalas
ultra-n00b

Post by tasanhalas »

jayn23 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:44 pm

Found a script for props and made it work. Thanks for the help!
ephla442
ultra-n00b

Post by ephla442 »

Hi there, I'm new to modding Total War Warhammer 1 & 2, I'm unsure if it's been covered already so please forgive me if it has! I have 3dsmax 2013 (I bought that version as it was the only one I could use when I created mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim) I was wondering if there was a script to import the rigid_models_v2 for Warhammer 1 (I tried using this script to import Minotaurs from the beastmen faction but it wasn't able to), I want to convert the RMV2's into OBJ format so I can 3d paint my retextures using Mudbox, then further texture (mainly painting new normals) in Quixel. Many thanks for any help or advice you are able to give with this question!
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

I was wondering if there was a script to import the rigid_models_v2 for Warhammer 1 (I tried using this script to import Minotaurs from the beastmen faction but it wasn't able to), I want to convert the RMV2's into OBJ format so I can 3d paint my retextures using Mudbox, then further texture (mainly painting new normals) in Quixel. Many thanks for any help or advice you are able to give with this question!
Hi, zaramot script for 3ds max should work for what you are trying, post file sample so someone can take a look.

also you can check my noesis script at viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21167&start=30 if this dosent work for some reason