Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Fate Extella Link Models Missing Materials

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
jay11800
n00b

Fate Extella Link Models Missing Materials

Post by jay11800 »

Hello, I am trying to apply materials to the MDL files of fate extella link, when I go into noesis my model has 7 materials, all of which have textures, but aren't linked for some odd reason. I can easily just fix this in blender, but when I go to convert the mesh into FBX, then to FBX 7100, it appears that all of those materials has gone away.
This is what noesis says I should have for materials
This is what I end up with for materials

I know that I have all the files properly decrypted and converted, but I believe there is either a problem with this model, with noesis, or with me (as always)
I'd appreciate any help, and I've added a url to the model in the pictures
drive.google.com/file/d/1vKPSZVblpqTiVe ... sp=sharing
Kotcrab
beginner

Re: Fate Extella Link Models Missing Materials

Post by Kotcrab »

In Blender this model will be composed of several objects (body, hair, etc.) and each object has one material and one texture. Just select different object in Blender and you will see it has different material. Noesis shows them in one combined list.
If you want textures automatically loaded in Noesis you just need to open .mdl file from original extract directory without renaming or moving anything.
jay11800
n00b

Re: Fate Extella Link Models Missing Materials

Post by jay11800 »

Kotcrab wrote:In Blender this model will be composed of several objects (body, hair, etc.) and each object has one material and one texture. Just select different object in Blender and you will see it has different material. Noesis shows them in one combined list.
If you want textures automatically loaded in Noesis you just need to open .mdl file from original extract directory without renaming or moving anything.
Whoops! This one was my fault, the tool I use accidentally combined all materials together, and it took an obvious answer like this for me to realize! Learning is all about making mistakes I suppose.